Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Seasonings? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/752969-seasonings.html)

SillverOrchid 01-09-2012 03:12 PM

Seasonings?

Hi guys, getting my dinner ready and wondering what you use on your veggies? I thought about getting the butter spray? I am so used to LC and being able to put butter on cauliflower, guess Im going to have to get creative on my DDS:dunno:

KeirasMom 01-09-2012 03:18 PM

I'm in a serrano chili phase right now, but I love spicy food. I've been adding them to almost everything.

I have the butter spray and use it sometimes, but it's nowhere near as good as butter.

Most people don't count their seasonings in their calories, but I do, so I think that's why I really like the peppers.

Oh, and I just bought mango habanero sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings. It's 40 calories per Tbsp, so not super low, but a little goes a long way. I'm going to try it on either tofu or chicken breast tonight if I have time to cook. I think a Tbsp mixed with the protein and maybe some brocolli or green beans stir fried would be just heavenly.

SillverOrchid 01-09-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15312230)
I'm in a serrano chili phase right now, but I love spicy food. I've been adding them to almost everything.

I have the butter spray and use it sometimes, but it's nowhere near as good as butter.

Most people don't count their seasonings in their calories, but I do, so I think that's why I really like the peppers.

Oh, and I just bought mango habanero sauce from Buffalo Wild Wings. It's 40 calories per Tbsp, so not super low, but a little goes a long way. I'm going to try it on either tofu or chicken breast tonight if I have time to cook. I think a Tbsp mixed with the protein and maybe some brocolli or green beans stir fried would be just heavenly.

Think I will get the spray, I have real butter but the calories in that are probably crazy lol Im not a huge fan of hot so will have to keep looking.. maybe misses dash seasonings? Half the fun is the hunt for something I can use! :laugh:

SoHappy 01-09-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SillverOrchid (Post 15312211)
Hi guys, getting my dinner ready and wondering what you use on your veggies? I thought about getting the butter spray? I am so used to LC and being able to put butter on cauliflower, guess Im going to have to get creative on my DDS:dunno:

We go through pounds of sweet butter here, and I'm with you.. I love butter, and lots of it, melting on my hot veggies! But I solved my problem by only having those veggies that I was satisfied with just salt and pepper for my DDs. Or vinegar. I love steamed broccoli with just a sprinkling of salt and a bit of vinegar. Always have. So that's perfect for a DD veggie. But cauliflower, for me, needs to be buttery, so I save that for an UD. That sort of thing.

Dottie 01-09-2012 03:43 PM

You can get different flavors of popcorn seasoning (ranch, bbq, butter, kettle corn, parmesan herb, etc) that are around 5 cals per serving:)

Hazelsmrf 01-09-2012 03:50 PM

I just eat steamed broccoli plain. I put salt and vinegar on my cucumbers.

SillverOrchid 01-09-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15312262)
We go through pounds of sweet butter here, and I'm with you.. I love butter, and lots of it, melting on my hot veggies! But I solved my problem by only having those veggies that I was satisfied with just salt and pepper for my DDs. Or vinegar. I love steamed broccoli with just a sprinkling of salt and a bit of vinegar. Always have. So that's perfect for a DD veggie. But cauliflower, for me, needs to be buttery, so I save that for an UD. That sort of thing.

I love lemon juice on veggies so might sprinkle some of that on..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15312317)
You can get different flavors of popcorn seasoning (ranch, bbq, butter, kettle corn, parmesan herb, etc) that are around 5 cals per serving:)

Oooo good idea! Thanks :)

Low Carb Librarian 01-09-2012 04:19 PM

I was using some of this no salt season mix (which I added salt to) but now I have some McCormick perfect pinch vegetable seasoning.

SillverOrchid 01-09-2012 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian (Post 15312447)
I was using some of this no salt season mix (which I added salt to) but now I have some McCormick perfect pinch vegetable seasoning.

Thanks will try that too.. I found that lemon juice and a little Mrs.Dash Chili Lime seasoning was very yummy!