Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2012, 09:32 AM   #811
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
I have been struggling with water retention bigtime so yesterday I bought lemons and celery. Read where those items would help. Drank 4-20 oz glasses of water with lemon juice in each. Ate a stalk of celery when I got home. That is all I could handle. It was an UD and I am down this morning almost to pre salt atttack weight. It has taken almost all week to get rid of enough fluid to show a loss. My hands and feet are still swollen so I will keep on with the lemon water today and just hope I see a decrease on the scale in the morning. I HATE retaining water.
BUT it is FINALLY going away. Teach me to eat a delicious prepared by a commercial business food. I can't imagine how much salt must have been in and on that chicken to make me have to work so hard to get rid of the water weight.
I know what you mean! Used to be if I even had a hand full of movie popcorn I would go up several pounds and it would take me as many as 4 days to get rid of it. Since I have not had any movie popcorn in a while, I don't know if that would still be true. Since I've been JUDDing, if I do something like the potato chips the other night, it usually only takes 2 days to get rid of it. But it's still a big jump. It's probably a combo of the salt and carbs that does it to me. I'm still eating very low carb.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #812
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mykidsteacher
Stats: 152/134/125 5'4"
WOE: Primal as of Aug 2011/JUDDD (started 1/13/12)
Start Date: Aug 2011/I've been maintaining since April 2012
WTG Kissa! I keep hoping that I'll get some of those surprise losses, but I'm also completely happy with where I'm at (especially since it allows me to enjoy surprise dinners out with the family!).

Only up 1 pound, so happy with that. Expected more with the tortillas and salt.

Spent the morning being lazy. Stayed in my jammies and read a book on the couch for an hour or so. It felt good.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #813
Blabbermouth!!!

Dawn: Congrats on reaching your Feb goal! Sounds like you have some fun to look forward to. Isn't it great to not have to worry about what to not eat??

Gracie: Yes, sometimes lately I've been down after UDs and up after DDs. This is the first week that's ever happened and I'm thinking it's taken all this time for my body to really start working right on this WOE. I'm relaxing into my eating these days. DDs are mostly easy for me.

Yesterday was an UD and I had almost 1800 calories, including wine. Scale is only up .8 this morning. Not too bad, I think. I won't reach my February goal but I'm not upset about it. Pretty much maintaining with all the emotion and travel and everything going on in my life this month is fine with me. I can really rock the plan in March. Lord willing! At least I don't have too much on my calendar and I think I will be able to focus.

Vicki: I know what you mean about some of those days changing mid course. DDs to UDs and UDs to UP and OVER days.

The great thing is to actually be able to look forward to getting back on plan instead of dreading it like other diets. Don't you think?
Old 02-26-2012, 04:40 AM   #814
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
It is funny isn't how we truly seem to be so free!! Free of guilt, free to eat what we like, free to get back on plan - because it isn't hard.. how many more frees???

Well done Dawn - that is excellent!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #815
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
I have tweaked my calories. Raised my DD calories with complex carbs and it looks like that may be my answer. Reached a new low today of 169.2. I know it will be up tomorrow following my UD but this gives me added incentive to be very mindful of my UD calories today. Off to cook breakfast.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:56 AM   #816
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
After a great DD yesterday, I'm at 142.4, only about a pound above my lowest weight, and about 3 pounds below goal. JUDDD rocks for maintenance!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:29 AM   #817
Blabbermouth!!!

Wow! Look at all the good reports! Yay for all of you!

Today I'm back to 196.8 after a 400 calorie DD. That's almost 2 pounds gone since yesterday and I'm happy about that. Yesterday I revised my February goal from 194 to 196 because I decided that maintaining this month is ok.

I did a lot of thinking about re-calculating my calories. I've been doing 500 usually on DDs and 2000 on UDs. I went back to the JUDD calculator and put in my stats and a weight of 190 and got a bit under 400 and a bit under 1900. So, I have decided, rounding it up to make it easier, those are the two numbers I will try for a while.

I came in right at 400 yesterday and didn't feel like it was too hard. Today I have good and healthy meals planned although all I've had so far is coffee.

Anyway, I can really see that JUDD rocks for maintaining with practically no effort at all. Now I must master the art of losing and have decided it's time to tweak just a little bit. Wish me luck!!
Old 02-27-2012, 07:53 AM   #818
Major LCF Poster!

I def do not like the MUDDD rotation. It is more work to try to remember what I should be eating for what meal, and logging it. So dropping that.

Actually, this week, I plan to simply eat paleo to satiety and try to get rid of the hunger/cravings that have been sneaking back in. I've been relying on more foods with as to get through my dd's, and I think they are contributing to the problem. So, I'm not trying to hit any calorie numbers. I'm going to log to see where I come in naturally. I do not want to undo any metabolic healing that has resulted from JUDDD, but I don't think one week will hurt much. I just need a break from the constant planning and thinking of food, and I can eat clean paleo without much thought.

When the week is over, I'll try getting back into the rotation and see if the dd's are easier.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #819
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
Good plan TIna, you are in Maintenance after all and you are an expert at Paleo eating.

My bet is that you will do great and will come back to your rotations refreshed.

I was reading the book last night and Dr J talks about upping the DD cals quite a bit in maintenance. I must think about this as I am definitely still losing lbs and inches still. What a worry
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 10:50 AM   #820
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Right now I'm struggling like I never thought I would! My FDs have been "free for all eating days" and I'm eating WAY too many calories. Since I am not exercising because of a foot issue the weight AND inches are creeping up again!

I seemed to have also lost that appetite suppression I have found with JUDDD and now I'm running through my journal today to see what I was eating when I was losing weight, as in food choices. I have this feeling 3 things are going on here: 1...My foot issue, 2...not counting calories on my UDs and 3...not eating up to my DD calories like I have always done.

Up until 2 weeks ago I was eating up to those DD calories and finding my UDs were a lot less "hungry" then they are now. I am now starving when I wake up on UDs and I really believe it's because I have been eating at least 200 calories less on DDs then I ever have. It's the "less is really not more/good" theory I have always had, stopped doing and now I'm proving it really doesn't work, and goes against the magic of JUDDD, it seems, for me.

Anyway, there is how the Beeb is bouncing right now and any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 02-27-2012 at 10:53 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 02:47 PM   #821

Yup, Linda, those numbers are there for a reason I guess. And if things go a bit off, that is the time to study them carefully and stick to them.

Do that and my feeling is that it will all come good again.

May I just say how great it is that you are sharing this issue here?

It would be so easy just to hide away until it is all sorted but that is not how you wonderful JUDDD guides work. It is so encouraging to those who are new here or those who are struggling with their numbers to understand that life happens!

Maintaining is as tough as losing sometimes. We all need assistance and reassurance.

We know this works, jump back on the band wagon.

Embrace a little hunger. It is the sign of healing.

Relax, rotate, reduce, rejoice.

Down Days are the cement that hold JUDDD together.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...ack-juddd.html
Old 02-27-2012, 03:26 PM   #822

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
Yup, Linda, those numbers are there for a reason I guess. And if things go a bit off, that is the time to study them carefully and stick to them.

It would be so easy just to hide away until it is all sorted but that is not how you wonderful JUDDD guides work. It is so encouraging to those who are new here or those who are struggling with their numbers to understand that life happens!

Maintaining is as tough as losing sometimes. We all need assistance and reassurance.

Thank you and I AM hoping my struggles right now will give others encouragement if they face something similar in the future!
Old 02-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #823

Precisely x
Old 02-27-2012, 04:30 PM   #824
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.6/149 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post

It would be so easy just to hide away until it is all sorted but that is not how you wonderful JUDDD guides work.
It is so encouraging to those who are new here or those who are struggling with their numbers to understand that life happens!

I so agree with Cindy. THANK YOU Beeb, for sharing this. I find it so helpful to see how people got through those tough situations. It's great to see people happy when things are working, but the real champions are those who struggle, ask for help, find solutions and share the whole process honestly I for one, know that I need your wisdom.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:56 PM   #825
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
real champions are those who struggle, ask for help, find solutions and share the whole process honestly
THIS^^^^

Linda,

Thank you for sharing this!!

I so agree with the others that it would have been a lot easier for you to take care of business without sharing what's going on.

Admitting that things aren't going as well as they should shows your honest and strong character.

You are a true JUDDD BUDDD!!
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:13 PM   #826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
I so agree with Cindy. THANK YOU Beeb, for sharing this. I find it so helpful to see how people got through those tough situations. It's great to see people happy when things are working, but the real champions are those who struggle, ask for help, find solutions and share the whole process honestly I for one, know that I need your wisdom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sazzie View Post
THIS^^^^

Linda,

Thank you for sharing this!!

I so agree with the others that it would have been a lot easier for you to take care of business without sharing what's going on.

Admitting that things aren't going as well as they should shows your honest and strong character.

You are a true JUDDD BUDDD!!
I am humbled and honored! It is only by example, and often times other people's honesty in their trials and errors that I have learned the greatest lessons in my life. I am just paying it forward!
Old 02-27-2012, 09:15 PM   #827
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Been catching up on the boards! Good tips with lemon water and celery for bloating! I need that sometimes.
I am a little afraid to step on the scale tomorrow_ we are on our way home right now. Got bumped off our flight yesterday and spent an extra day in San Juan. Really looking forward to a DD!!

Will check in again soon!
Truffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #828
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I will post this in the My Mom is doing JUDDD and so happy with it! :) thread too.

I have tried to pop in and out on the forum over the last week (it was last Mon. night I had to get Dad to the ER) but this morning I have some time to just sit at home and relax and get some things done here too, so I wanted to update and also just to say "hi" to all of you, my JUDDD buds!

Dad was transferred from the ER in our area to a hospital with the specialization for what he needed - it's 1-1/2 hour drive from here. I've been driving my Mom up pretty much daily.

There were some rough days for him after his surgery on Wed. morning, and it seemed Sat and Sunday were the worst.

Sunday I had too much going on here that had been planned ahead, and my brother took her to the hospital. He kept me updated with texts all day.

But the emotional part of it all had caught up with me. It was so much stress on me all week, but particularly on Sunday, that I was actually afraid of how it was affecting me...wondered if I had a decline in mental function since I was experiencing forgetfulness, muddled thoughts, uber sadness, crying, drop-of-hat emotional responses, etc. I was so worried about him, so sad - everything you can imagine if you father is hurting, depressed, in pain, etc. I was a wreck. It didn't help that I was pre-menstrual.

I felt better after going to an evening function that got me out out the house and around some friends. It was at a fitness facility, so I got some exercise - worked up a bit of a sweat - and I felt a lot better by the time I got home. Plus, I found out Dad was actually eating and doing a little better that evening, so there was relief for me.

Yesterday I went to see him and he seemed to be doing pretty well considering the health crisis and surgery he'd gone through. I am hoping the weekend was his worst days and that he's fully on the road to recovery now. **I just talked to him a minute ago and he thinks he's feeling even better than yesterday! I thought he sounded pretty good, and I know he got tons of sleep yesterday.

Mom is doing well. She is trying to run the business they have and take care of things, and thankfully there are people there helping her out everyday.

I am not sure if she was sticking to JUDDD during this or not. We haven't had time to talk about it that much lately. I know she was sticking to her JUDDD rotation at first. If she has gone off schedule, she is aware she can just get back on it.

During last week I had two FDs in a row on Tues & Wed, then switched over to MUDDD later in the week. It's my easy-p. version of MUDDD where I do a DD from the time I go to bed until 5 - 8 p.m. the next evening. Then I switch to a FD which usually lasts the entire next day until I go to bed. During the DD portion of my day, I can still eat my 500 - 800 calories if I want.

I have had one thing or another practically this whole month of February that has affected my weight - from starting exercise, which I think caused some weight retention in my muscles and also may have thrown my period off, along with the stress of this last week... my period was over a week late. So there was all that extra hormonal flux going on that I think also had me retaining a bit. And probably a little "comfort eating" sometimes during the last week (the hospital cafeteria has a wonderful selection of food and everything is good!) Also more fast food than I usually eat since we've been on the road daily.

But anyway when it's all said and done, here are my weights on days I've been able to access my scales. Where you see "dd/fd" is when I switch from the DD portion of my day to a FD in the evening and it continues all the next day...

2/1 FD 138
2/2 FD 137
2/3 DD 138
2/4 FD 139
2/5 FD 137
2/6 DD 137
2/7 FD 136
2/8 dd/fd 138
2/9 FD 137
2/10 DD 138
2/11 FD 137
2/12 FD 138
2/13 DD 139
2/14 FD141
2/15 DD 141
2/16 FD 138
2/17 DD 139
2/18 FD 141
2/19 FD 138
2/20 DD 140

2/24 dd/fd 140
2/25 FD 139
2/26 dd/fd 141
2/27 FD 140
2/28 dd/fd 139

I've hardly had any exercise over the last week, other than some walking around the hospital and a couple min. on the rebounder when I'm home. But I'll try to get in my Callanetics today.

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and well-wishes!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #829

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Good to see you Sophie. I'm glad your dad is feeling better, and I'm equally glad that you're feeling better as well. Your weight is holding steady wonderfully! Good job!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:51 AM   #830
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Sophie, I'm so sorry to read about the health crisis with your dad! I'm really glad he's improving, but I know it's been really hard on your family.

I just have to say that you're amazing! So many people, perhaps myself included, would've just gone off the deep end and given up even trying to take care of themselves during a time like this. Your weight reflects that you have still managed to stay in control and I applaud you!

I usually do two UDs or FDs on the weekends so I can keep my rotation the same each week, but occasionally I need to switch things around. My band is starting a four-night run at Billy Bob's (the "World's Largest Honkytonk!) tomorrow night and I love to eat in their BBQ restaurant. It wouldn't do to be on a DD, lol. We have to go early, set up and have a sound check so it's so convenient to do dinner there. Anyway, I did two UDs in a row on Sunday and Monday and I'm feeling good that I only went up less than a pound. I'm doing a DD today and expect to be back to 142 tomorrow.

I say it over and over again, but it's true that JUDDD absolutely rocks for maintenance!
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:56 AM   #831

Sophie, sending you, Dad and Mom, plus other family members lots of and good thoughts for healing for Dad and relaxation for you guys when his healing is done.

Good to see you, too!
Old 02-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #832
Blabbermouth!!!

Sophie: BIG ((((((((())))))))))) to you! It is so tough to see our loved ones hospitalized. Please tell your Mom we JUDDers are thinking of her and wishing her well, too. I'm pausing to send up some prayers for your Dad's continued improvement. So glad he's getting that good sleep in. Do take care of you and your needs. If you need to take a nap and pull the covers over your head, do it!
Old 02-29-2012, 06:05 AM   #833
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you for the encouragement, well-wishes, Dawn, Laurie, Beeb & YamYam! I appreciate it!

Glad to be getting a little caught up on the boards. So many people doing wonderfully!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 AM   #834
Blabbermouth!!!

138# for me today.

Lately, I've been staying up on the high end of my maintenance range and spilling over a little into "higher than maintenance" but it hasn't concerned me with all the factors that I know have led to it, and besides - it's still below my goal weight AND I still have the same measurements as when I was at the low end of my range.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:15 PM   #835

Update on how counting on my UDs and eating to the top of my DDs is going so far this week.

Started on Monday's DD/Sunday's FD with a weight of 138.6. Tuesday morning's weight was 136.

As of today and weighing in after my first UD counting calories again on Tuesday I am down to 135.8!!! I LOST .2 pounds after an UD which has never happened before! I'm just thrilled right now and THIS is the magic I remember when I started JUDDD. The appetite suppression is kicking in, also!

Doing 700/750 for my DDs and 1700/1750 for my UDs is helping to get these pesky 3 pounds off and in a hurry!! These numbers put me at 1200/1250 as a daily calorie count, which is what I used to lose weight and then maintain until I started doing FDs.

I also noticed today that I am far less hungry on my DD than I have been for a while, PLUS yesterday's up was a less hungry day, also. I really think I need to eat very close to that 700/725 DD number I have because going lower and then doing a FD the next day makes for a grazing all day Beeb! I was SO hungry on my FDs I just ate and ate. Yesterday's counting UD I snacked a bit more than I wanted to (probably out of boredom), but I wasn't nearly as hungry as I have been in the last 2 weeks on my UDs/FDs.

This is one of the reasons I'm SO I keep a food journal. When I looked back over to when I was counting my UDs and the amount of calories for both days it was a snap to figure out what I needed to do and what I was eating then to make the magic happen!!

Beeb is a camper today!!
Old 02-29-2012, 02:51 PM   #836
Major LCF Poster!

Yay Beeb! Way to get back on plan and take care of those 3 pounds before they had a chance to snowball on you and get out of control.

I think one of the amazing things about JUDDD is that we all seem to learn SO much about our bodies and our reactions to food.

I am much less hungry this week too. And TOM started today and I stayed at my low weight (129). I think I'll be ready to start the rotation again on Monday and be much happier and less hungry on both DD's and UD's.
mykidsteacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #837
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Sophie......Not new to JUDDD, and have been reading in this forum for a while, and just started posting to all my "new" friends .....and just feel like giving you a big today. You are a great example of strength and courage for all of us.

Phyl
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:14 PM   #838
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Truffles
Stats: 142/125/128 JUDDD
WOE: LC&JUDDD
Start Date: 3/11 LC - 1/12 LC/JUDDD
Beeb that is awesome!!! Good advice about keeping a food journal! It has been a few years since I have done that and I will start again tomorrow!!

I gained 6 lbs on the cruise! Kind of planned for it. We ended up staying an extra day in San Juan because we got bumped off our flight! Then we had a layover in Philadelphia, and I had to have a cheese steak sandwich!

I am torn on having vacation be an excuse for gaining weight or not... On the one hand if this is truly a life WOE than I shouldn't waiver on vacation right??? But on the other hand if this is my life WOE and "I" say that on vacation I will do my own plan than it's ok... right???

Either way I had a higher than usual DD yesterday at around 650 calories. Not so much from the hunger I was sure I was going to feel... but from "brain hunger" just wanted to EAT!

I was down 1 full lb this morning!! I'm sure most of the weight is water gain and I'm not too worried. Plus I ate WAY more carbs on the trip than I normally do- I was actually surprised that I didn't jump more just from adding in the carbs!!

...on another note I forgot who mentioned going to Chicago and eating "off plan" I am from Chicago originally. When I go back to visit for a few days all bets are off!! I know that if I lived there I could eat on plan NO PROBLEM!! But when you go for a few days every couple of years... I don't find it a big deal to eat off plan for a few days. After all it is YOUR plan! You know what you are capable of and if you will be able to get right back on plan when getting back to normalcy! Don't beat yourself up and GET BACK ON TRACK!!
Old 02-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #839
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Beeb.....Wanted to let you know as well how helpful and encouraging all your writings have been to me and especially with my nearing maintenance! coming your way, and so happy you're in a good place again. Just lets me know what to expect as my journey continues. Love, love, love all my JUDDD BUDS!!!!!
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 06:19 PM   #840

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotitnow View Post
Beeb.....Wanted to let you know as well how helpful and encouraging all your writings have been to me and especially with my nearing maintenance! coming your way, and so happy you're in a good place again. Just lets me know what to expect as my journey continues. Love, love, love all my JUDDD BUDS!!!!!