Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2012, 09:48 AM   #31
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Holy Moly, Kris!! I agree, go get checked out and I'm SO happy no one was hurt!

Gracie and back, Betty! Looking forward to seeing some good weight loss posts from you guys!

Well, back down again, as usual! 133.8 after a nice DD. After all the "fun with food" I had this weekend I am always so happy to be on this WOE!! I just know a good DD will take care of the "overages" I can create in social settings.

Gotta JUDDD!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Good Heavens! I don't know how I missed your post, Kris, but glad I read Linda's post above and noticed she addressed you! I went back and found that you'd been in a car accident. I do hope you're feeling better now.

That exact sort of accident happened to me, except the guy slid out in front of my car because it was just snowing.

Hope all the details are ironed out now and you have wheels.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:31 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKat View Post
just wanted to say hi. My mom is home from hospital but just waiting for the operation mid Feb that will hopefully make her better. It has really been a tough 2 wks for me. My plan is now that she is home I have alot more control of my eating and exercise.
I hope she's fully recovered soon! That sounds so stressful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
In addition I met with a personal trainer yesterday and signed up for eight sessions and she showed me some things on the weight machines and really pushed me. So although I didn't do alot of reps/sets my muscles were fully worked, so I am assuming I am just holding onto some water.
Working with a new trainer sounds exciting! I'm sorry about the accident. Nothing like a little disaster coming out of nowhere to muck everything up. Sounds like it won't be too long before you have your car back, though.

Shelly, Love the new pic! You've worked so hard. I feel like it's time for you to be able to relax and enjoy it. I can completely understand feeling anxiety over not knowing whether this is working for you or will work for you, though. I hope you're able to get into a good comfortable pattern soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I started back doing 500 c on DDs a week ago after being realy sloppy for a few weeks and regaining 8 lbs. As of this morning that 8 lbs of water is gone. Besides gaining a few pounds by getting to lax on the program my RA in my hands was returning now it to is a lot better to. Well today is another DD for me and I will try realy hard to keep it to 500 c or less. Hope everyone has a fine UD or DD today.
Those are great results for a week!

ETA: Forgot about me... lol I'm having a bit of a woosh I think! Down to 181.6 today after a good DD. Today I'm going shopping and my almost-3 year-old is going to go crazy because I'll be reading all of the packages to figure out what I can eat for how many calories on UDs. It has been so many years since I've thought in terms of calories that I just have no idea.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding

Last edited by rubidoux; 01-10-2012 at 10:34 AM..
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: dodahdeb
Stats: 209/122
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 01/05/12
day 6 of JUDDD for maintenance
yesterday was a - UD

Goal weight - 122
LDW - 119.0
Last DD weight - 118.8 (monday)
(I will only be weighing the day after a DD)

Today's weight - NWI (however I'm not suppose to weigh but out of curiosity I did and I'm at 118.4, can you believe it?!!!)

difference from last DD -X.X

breakfast
8 oz FF greek yogurt, 3 oz blueberries and 1 oz pecans

Lunch
6 inch club sandwich from subway with mayo and pepper jack cheese, 1 pkg of baked lays chips

Dinner
8 oz FF greek yogurt, 3 oz of blueberries and 1.5 oz of pecans

Snack
crackers, tootsie pop and some pistachio's

Calories 2016 protein 10% Carbs 32% Fat 58%

I told my self that I wasnt going to weigh after the up days but I was just curious to find out the difference between my dd and up. I must tell you I was quite shocked to see that I lost on an up day. I also know that I am still retaining water because my ring is tight.

Still pretty siked about all this. I am definitely hoping that this will get my body to where it is no longer so sensitive to carbs.

Yes I even had a subway sandwich and still lost, can you believe that?

Today I weighed in at my lowest weight ever (well not ever but you know what I mean) and it was after an up day

I must add though that I'm positive that the 20 some miles I walk at work must be helping
dodahdeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #35

So very pleased to hear that JUDDD is working so smoothly and with good results so far in your maintenance. May it always be thus!

Well, of course there are some times when we do get big bounces on the scale for one reason or another, sometimes not even dependent on our food choices, but for the most part, it's pretty easy. I think one of the biggest things is to keep tabs on your weight, so that if you are gaining or losing more than you want to have happen, you can adjust your calories a bit and get your problem nipped in the bud.

Good job!
Old 01-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. The other parties insurance accepted liability and I can pick up a rental car either tonight after hubby is off work or in the morning (whichever he wants to do).

The insurance company offered me a small monetary amount for pain and suffering but because my back and neck have been getting progressively worse, I told him I want to put that on the back burner, not denying it, but need to see how I feel in a few days. Made an appointment with a chiropractor Thursday and have him do an evaluation and will know if I still feel icky by then or not.

If he thinks it is just simple then I will take the amount they offered, but if he suggests more therapy then I am going to have to go in for negotiations.

missed my gym visit today, was gonna go tonight after dinner, but i am thinking i am going to go lay down.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post
Thanks everyone for the well wishes. The other parties insurance accepted liability and I can pick up a rental car either tonight after hubby is off work or in the morning (whichever he wants to do).

The insurance company offered me a small monetary amount for pain and suffering but because my back and neck have been getting progressively worse, I told him I want to put that on the back burner, not denying it, but need to see how I feel in a few days. Made an appointment with a chiropractor Thursday and have him do an evaluation and will know if I still feel icky by then or not.

If he thinks it is just simple then I will take the amount they offered, but if he suggests more therapy then I am going to have to go in for negotiations.

missed my gym visit today, was gonna go tonight after dinner, but i am thinking i am going to go lay down.
awww hope you feel better soon hon....try a physical therapist too tho, a chiropractor is bones, and a pt is muscle....good luck to you, heating pad and some nsaids, or advil, ibuprofen...
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:13 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
i've had this cold now for 3 WEEKS and I can't shake it, i've tried beebs suggestions and i just can not get this to go away, my losses have been NOTHING....not one little lb....i'm almost in tears because i my chest hurts so bad, the dr says its a virus not a bacteria, so i'm just taking things to blunt the coughing congestion and headaches and sore throat....my DD's are 250-315 because i'm just not hungry, my UDs are 1800-2000 to keep my strength up but i really am just at a loss....WITH NO LOSS....i have vacation in 47 days and i soo wanted to be at 175 but i just don't think that's possible now....i'll just have to suck it in in all the pictures....

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175 --> 178.2
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140

Last edited by mayleesa; 01-10-2012 at 05:14 PM..
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #39

Kris, I'm sorry you are still feeling the achy effects of the accident. I sure hope you feel better tomorrow. Sometimes these things just magically go away overnight, and sometimes you ache worse the next morning. Hope you feel better. Glad you're getting a rental. That'll be a workable way to attend to all the errands and running around until you get your car back.
Old 01-10-2012, 06:42 PM   #40

Mayleesa, I'm sorry you are still sick and feeling so lousy. AND, not losing any weight. I'll bet you'll see a weight loss whoosh when this illness has finally run its course, but oh so sorry for you right now. I know it makes you very unhappy not to have lost anything during the time of this illness, but I know one of these days you will be well again, and one of these days your weight loss will start in again, and it'll seem a whole lot better. Hang in there.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:44 PM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Worked out like a crazy woman at the gym yesterday and today. Tried to take a picture of myself in the gym's full length mirror. Kind of hard to see w/ all the windows in the back. But it's a beautiful view of the pool and a lake.
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
i've had this cold now for 3 WEEKS and I can't shake it, i've tried beebs suggestions and i just can not get this to go away, my losses have been NOTHING....not one little lb....i'm almost in tears because i my chest hurts so bad, the dr says its a virus not a bacteria, so i'm just taking things to blunt the coughing congestion and headaches and sore throat....my DD's are 250-315 because i'm just not hungry, my UDs are 1800-2000 to keep my strength up but i really am just at a loss....WITH NO LOSS....i have vacation in 47 days and i soo wanted to be at 175 but i just don't think that's possible now....i'll just have to suck it in in all the pictures....
Oh, my dear JUDDD BUDDD! Hang in there, don't give up!! And I am almost sure as the sun rising tomorrow that as soon as you are feeling better you are going to be visited by the Whoosh fairy like you have never thought possible!

Keep on keepin on, our friend!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #43

Looking good there, Yam!!!

Dodahdeb you are just JUDDD!! WTG!

rubidoux, WTG!!! I love "Whoosh"!!!

Last edited by Beeb; 01-10-2012 at 06:55 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Worked out like a crazy woman at the gym yesterday and today. Tried to take a picture of myself in the gym's full length mirror. Kind of hard to see w/ all the windows in the back. But it's a beautiful view of the pool and a lake.
I'll use you as my inspiration for a good workout tomorrow. I love it once I'm there, but I've been slacking off, and now I need to strengthen the habit!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Glad you're OK, Kris!

Mayleesa, I hope you get well soon. I believe you will drop pounds when this illness is over.

Yam, that's a great shot! KUTGW!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:12 PM   #46
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I'll use you as my inspiration for a good workout tomorrow. I love it once I'm there, but I've been slacking off, and now I need to strengthen the habit!
I so know what you mean! Once I get there, I'm on fire. I think the secret is to lay out my clothes the night before so I can jump into them, grab my water and jump in the car. When I get to the gym, the magic begins.....
Old 01-11-2012, 07:15 AM   #47
Blabbermouth!!!

First time I weighed in a couple days. I'm at 141#.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:18 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
I so know what you mean! Once I get there, I'm on fire. I think the secret is to lay out my clothes the night before so I can jump into them, grab my water and jump in the car. When I get to the gym, the magic begins.....
Good for you for working out!

After a very low DD I hit a new low that is too low! - 111.4. I'll be eating high today 2000-2500 and continue to just do 3 DDs and 4 UDs every week. I like that plan!
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post

After a very low DD I hit a new low that is too low! - 111.4. I'll be eating high today 2000-2500 and continue to just do 3 DDs and 4 UDs every week. I like that plan!
Much nicer to have to eat more to hold your weight up than to keep fighting to keep it from going too high. LOL What a problem to have! Most dieters would just shake their heads at this!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:40 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Much nicer to have to eat more to hold your weight up than to keep fighting to keep it from going too high. LOL What a problem to have! Most dieters would just shake their heads at this!
Very true! I will be packing away some extra food this week!

Last edited by julietcc; 01-11-2012 at 07:46 AM..
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:41 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Very true! I will be backing away some extra food this week!
Sounds great, Julie! Enjoy!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:47 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
This morning my scale claimed that I weigh 169.5. The 160's! Hooray! I swear I was in the mid 180's just a few weeks ago!
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
This morning my scale claimed that I weigh 169.5. The 160's! Hooray! I swear I was in the mid 180's just a few weeks ago!
Wow, good job!! You are SO close now!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:51 AM   #54

Quote:
As fun as breaking through a *century* barrier is, I think breaking into each new decade as we lose weight gives us way more fun because it happens more often for us and doesn't take as long.

But, wow! You're really doing this fast. Congratulations! I know you're happy, and we're happy about it too. Your success helps keep us all motivated and on our toes to not start getting sloppy!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
First time I weighed in a couple days. I'm at 141#.
You are SO rocking maintenance!

Quote:

Wow, I can hardly imagine getting TOO low, but apparently that can happen on JUDDD. While I'm happy where I am, I wouldn't mind coming down a few more pounds. However, I've probably had a few too many FDs, lol.

Quote:
That is SO FABULOUS! I love coming here every day and seeing posts like this.

I'm happy that after a rather free day feast at Olive Garden with my parents last night, I'm only up .6 lb. After my great DD today, it'll be gone, and take some friends with it, I'm sure. My pattern has been to start Saturday morning about a pound under goal, then after two FDs on the weekend, I'm back up 4-5 pounds of water weight. It's always come back off by the next Saturday. I think the biggest key to success for me is being religiously strict on my DDs.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:10 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:

Unreal! You can now be the poster child for JUDD! Congrats on knowing how to work this for good.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:12 AM   #57
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
That is so great! How much have you lost since you started Judd on Dec. 7th? I love breaking through those decade barriers.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:19 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
I'm happy that after a rather free day feast at Olive Garden with my parents last night, I'm only up .6 lb. After my great DD today, it'll be gone, and take some friends with it, I'm sure. My pattern has been to start Saturday morning about a pound under goal, then after two FDs on the weekend, I'm back up 4-5 pounds of water weight. It's always come back off by the next Saturday. I think the biggest key to success for me is being religiously strict on my DDs.
Yes, if you are a person who can keep their UD calories well under control and stick to really good DDs, that seems to be able to work out well for maintenance. That's sure a nice and easy way to be able to live.

If you're a person who can easily eat 500 too many calories on UDs without even being aware of it, and even a whole lot more than that, then the luxury of Free Days is probably not a good thing to enjoy every UD.

That's why I still have to weigh each morning. If I'm letting myself get a little too free-wheeling with the Free Day calories, I know it's time to return to some real counted UDs. Darn.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:22 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

Laurie: Sounds like your body has adjusted nicely to this WOE and you have made it so doable. Congrats on your success!

This week my focus is on exercise. My plan was cardio every day and strength training Mon-Wed-Fri. So, it's off to the gym again today. I love it when my body starts getting addicted to working out. It becomes fun instead of a chore. And I love that I have so many options indoors and out. This may be the year that I get back into golf and start walking the course instead of driving around in a cart!

Have decided not to weigh myself for a few days. When I do a lot of regular strength training, the scale goes up. Did you know that muscle is 70% water? Fat is almost 0% water. (That is why it floats, it's light and water resistant kind of like styrofoam). But it's bulky. When you lift weights your body begins building lean healthy muscle almost immediately. The bulky fat begins to burn and melt away because each new pound of muscle requires 50 more calories per day to maintain itself. And, as new muscle is building, it holds on to extra water and glycogen during the repair/building process. Interesting stuff.

Still, even knowing that, I hate to see the numbers on the scale go up! So, I'll wait a while.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 2000/400
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Old 01-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #60
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Enough whining and excuses! (directed at myself!). I have been happily maintaining since the holidays. I had set a goal for myself to get back to working out and keeping my DD's under control then I ended up throwing my back out last week and have been whining and making excuses since then: pms, getting my boy ready to go back to school, dh's weird work hours right now, etc. You name it - if I can use it as an excuse, I have been!
Well enough!
My back feels much better so back to light workouts until there are no more twinges, then back onto full ones.
Down Days, shmound days! I own them! No more evening mini binges.
I'm going to have a good up day today and get my butt back in gear.

http://www.thedailyplate.com/ <-- food and exercise tracking
http://www.onlineconversion.com/ <-- cooking and other conversions

Need to contact LCF?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/contact.html

Everyone has an opinion. Take what you need and leave the rest.

2014 resolution: stop being my own worst enemy and critic!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote