Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,056
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Thin N Trim Chicken Sausage

I bought these yesterday because they are low in calories (70 cals for a 2 oz link), BUT they are also 0 carbs and I thought you guys would be interested in them.

Great product and the taste is just amazing! They have all kinds of sausage PLUS chicken hot dogs, too and there are no nitrates or crazy ingredients in these products.

Not sure if it's a regional product, but google their site and check them out!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,111
Gallery: Dottie
Thanks Linda! I was looking for acceptable sausage for DD's. 4oz and some cabbage under 200cals sounds pretty good!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I'll look around here for them. I just checked the label on a package of fresh bulk pork sausage I have on hand... 190 calories for just 2 oz... so quite a difference. Now I realize that some of the fat cooks out of it, and I don't eat that, but still... It's definitely an UD food. But at 70 cals, I could see working a link into a DD meal for the great flavor it brings.

Editing: The more I think of this, the more I'm getting hungry for a crustless quiche with this sausage and some mushrooms, spinach, onion.....
__________________
Best wishes, Pat

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-09-2012 at 01:00 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:03 PM   #4
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,111
Gallery: Dottie
aww not in Texas.
I do get Johnsonville 50% less fat turkey smoked sausages that are 110cals per link, but have 4g carbs. Not bad, but a lot of additives I'm trying to avoid on a "daily basis".
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
aww not in Texas.
I do get Johnsonville 50% less fat turkey smoked sausages that are 110cals per link, but have 4g carbs. Not bad, but a lot of additives I'm trying to avoid on a "daily basis".
That's about how I'm trying to handle my daily food choices too, Dottie. This ^^^ is a good way to put it. Once-in-awhile, OK. Probably when I eat out or over at the home of friend. But overall at home I try to keep foods with additives that wouldn't normally be in the homemade version of that food to as scant as possible. Like you put it. Trying to avoid the additives on a daily basis.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,616
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
sounds great Linda! not in Cali tho

if you have a trader joes near you, their jalapeno chicken sausage is 100 cals per large link and fantastic--each link is 2 oz and 2 carbs/11 g protein
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #7
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,111
Gallery: Dottie
Pat I've been giving a lot of thought to buying an inexpensive meat grinder/sausage maker for that very reason lol. It seems like a lot of work though! My lazy self is saying "meh, you only eat sausage a couple times a month" and my thinking self is arguing that "yes dippy but you always gain 2-3lbs of water from it!". We'll see who wins lol
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
Pat I've been giving a lot of thought to buying an inexpensive meat grinder/sausage maker for that very reason lol. It seems like a lot of work though! My lazy self is saying "meh, you only eat sausage a couple times a month" and my thinking self is arguing that "yes dippy but you always gain 2-3lbs of water from it!". We'll see who wins lol
Hey! I never thought about making it myself. I have my mother's old grinder. The kind you tighten onto your counter or the edge of a table and then keep feeding in little chunks of whatever while you keep turning the handle. I actually use it occasionally when I want to grind up some leftover cooked meat to turn into a meat spread/filling for crackers or sandwiches, etc. I think you can only find these in antique shops these days. Very old-fashioned and outmoded.

If I started with raw chicken breast and a sausage seasoning recipe that was tasty, wouldn't you think that I could just form it into chicken sausage patties? Hmmmm.... would I need something else to make it all stick together?
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:22 PM   #9
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,111
Gallery: Dottie
All the recipes I see use egg whites as a binder
And I have a black, cast iron grinder that was my great grandmothers, too lol. She had a tall step stool, wooden, that she would attach it to so she could sit and grind
It was a pain in the butt to clean though lol.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
All the recipes I see use egg whites as a binder
And I have a black, cast iron grinder that was my great grandmothers, too lol. She had a tall step stool, wooden, that she would attach it to so she could sit and grind
It was a pain in the butt to clean though lol.
LOL

Yeah, our ancestors weren't a bunch of sissies, that's for sure! They worked hard.

OK, I'll add some egg white into the mix until it feels about right. Fun experiment.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 72,111
Gallery: Dottie
If you think about it, a 4oz chicken breast is only 110 calories, you could make a decent sized sausage out of that! Good train of thinking here
I know I like sage with chicken, salt and pepper for sure... maybe a little maple flavoring or something for a breakfast taste.
Now I have to google ideas lol

(Sorry Linda for the thread jack!)
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #12
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
If you think about it, a 4oz chicken breast is only 110 calories, you could make a decent sized sausage out of that! Good train of thinking here
I know I like sage with chicken, salt and pepper for sure... maybe a little maple flavoring or something for a breakfast taste.
Now I have to google ideas lol

(Sorry Linda for the thread jack!)
When you find a recipe you think sounds like the seasonings would make a great breakfast sausage kind of flavor, let me know!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:23 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
sazzie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,496
Gallery: sazzie
Stats: HW164/maintaining 135-139
Thanks Linda for posting about those sausage links, but unfortunately, they are not available in Florida either.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Pami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 27,303
Gallery: Pami
WOE: LC JUDDD
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp basil
• 1 tsp parsley
• 1 tsp fennel
• 1 tsp caraway
• 1-1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
• 1 tsp cayenne powder or pepper flakes
• 1 tsp Montreal chicken spice (optional)
• 1 TBS garlic powder
• 1 TBS onion powder
• 3 TBS water
• 3 TBS oil

I found these spices, specifically for use with chicken breast, recipe says for
seasoning one pound of meat. (I have never tried this, BTW.)
Pami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,888
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pami View Post
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp basil
• 1 tsp parsley
• 1 tsp fennel
• 1 tsp caraway
• 1-1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
• 1 tsp cayenne powder or pepper flakes
• 1 tsp Montreal chicken spice (optional)
• 1 TBS garlic powder
• 1 TBS onion powder
• 3 TBS water
• 3 TBS oil

I found these spices, specifically for use with chicken breast, recipe says for
seasoning one pound of meat. (I have never tried this, BTW.)
Will this recipe give it that *sausage* flavor? I don't even know what seasonings is in sausage, so wouldn't recognize it at all. LOL

But that recipe looks awfully good! Thanks!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:33 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriendsฎ is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.