Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Divide Up Your Meals By Calories

I wish I could remember who suggested this, and I'm sorry for not remembering, because THIS ^^^^ has been a life saver for me and has made my DDs so much easier.

You take your calories for you DDs and divide them up into "meals", meaning you allot so many calories for each meal. I am not a big breakfast eater and most DDs don't start eating until around 1 pm or so. I use most of my calories for 2 meals and save some for snacks. Here is an example of how this works for me and how dividing the calories up helps me to plan my meal and keep to the calories for that meal. You can do this using 1 meal and snacks, 2 meals and snacks, 3 meals and snacks, etc. and if you aren't a snacker you just add more calories to your meals.

Example: I have 750 calories for my DD. I will use them this way:

Breakfast.............125 calories (I give this meal calories but most days don't eat it and give them to the other meals/snacks later in the day, but they are here just in case I want breakfast some days)

Lunch...................175 calories

Dinner...................350 calories

Snacks/other....... 100 calories

Total for the day: 750 Calories

Now if I don't eat breakfast, I move those calories to another meal or divide them up between lunch and dinner. OR if I'm going out to eat on a DD I will just eat a very small lunch (100 calories) and save most of the calories for dinner.

By dividing up the calories per meal I know in advance how much I will eat in calories and then I can plan my meal using the calories I have.

This has worked wonderfully for me and I thought I would post it on a new thread for anyone interested. If you do a similar thing, please add to this idea! Great minds can move mountains and over come DD stress for Newbies and Oldies alike!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 10:00 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
It was Pat (SoHappy) It has really helped me, too for UDs. Most of the time, I try to keep the 3 meals around 600 calories each, give or take a couple hundred.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
It was Pat (SoHappy) It has really helped me, too for UDs. Most of the time, I try to keep the 3 meals around 600 calories each, give or take a couple hundred.
I know she did the "100 calorie meals" thing but I don't remember getting this idea from her. I'm thinking now it may been darlingnikki, I do believe! Pat's idea is a great one, too! Make 100 calorie meals and freeze them for when you need "fast food"!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 09:06 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Good idea, Julie, for UD, too! Today I'll take my UD cals (1800) and divide in1/2 though instead of 3rds because I know I need more to eat in the afternoon/dinner/evening. I've always eaten more then and never have had an upset stomach because I've eaten before bedtime. So, B & L will be 900 cals and dinner/evening 900 cals.
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
This system helps me a lot more on UDs. DDs aren't really a problem because I mostly fast until mid-afternoon (when I have a snack) and then have a big (or "big") dinner. UDs, however, are a whole different story. I find that what really helps is to start the day by pre-planning dinner, entering those numbers into myfatsecret, then planning the rest of my day around that.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: darlingnikki
Stats: start 225/ now 132.2/ goal 125 ??? Height 5'3"
WOE: JUDDD and HCG (not at the same time)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I know she did the "100 calorie meals" thing but I don't remember getting this idea from her. I'm thinking now it may been darlingnikki, I do believe! Pat's idea is a great one, too! Make 100 calorie meals and freeze them for when you need "fast food"!
I did post about this mainly because of UD panic.
I get 1789 so I divide and get 500 for three meals and 289 for condiments, coffee and a sweet treat.
It took alot of stress away for me.
Also on DD at 348 I have three 100 cal meals and 48 for snacks.

hugs
Nikki
darlingnikki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
great suggestions!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I'm kind of the opposite. I like to plan, but my plans usually get screwed up, so I usually eat the fewest calories in the morning UDs and DDs alike so if I get thrown a curve ball I can adapt. Then, if I get to the end of the day with lots of extra calories, I simply enjoy an extra glass of wine or three. Probably not the best nutrition, but it's good for my soul. I do find I load up on nutrient dense, lower calorie foods throughout the day so I can enjoy my evenings.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote