Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Why Are JUDDD BUDDDs Just Happier People?

Tell us WHY you are just happier being a JUDDD BUDDD and eating the JUDDD WOE!

I will start:

I JUDDD because I can eat all the things I denied myself while doing LC and even though I eat all these things I still lost weight and have been keeping it off for months now! On NO other WOE could I eat like I do and still be 133/134 pounds week in and week out!

PLUS, the energy I feel on my especially on my DDs is something I missed for a long time! It's just nice to have the energy to do the things I want to do. AND I finally understand the "I'm not hungry" feeling I heard about! Food is NOT my main focus anymore! Life is NOT about food, it's about LIFE now!!!

How could I NOT JUDDD!!
__________________

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member
 
pjsam1156's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 497
Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Because I am SOOO at peace w/the fact that I have FINALLY found an amazing, healthy WOE that not only will help me get to my goal weight for the first time in 20 years, but that lets me strongly believe I can use this WOE for the rest of my life to maintain.
How liberating!!
The other thing that makes me happy is watching all those diet commercials on TV and thinking to myself, "You are all so silly. All you have to do is JUDDD--why suffer?"
And last, not only are we all experiencing amazing weight loss results w/JUDDD, but we get to share all that good news w/people who are experiencing the same thing! It is very encouraging to see any of us who may have a question, concern or problem w/numbers, etc. be helped so quickly and efficiently by numerous kind, compassionate, knowledgeable other JUDDDers!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:45 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
Because I am SOOO at peace w/the fact that I have FINALLY found an amazing, healthy WOE that not only will help me get to my goal weight for the first time in 20 years, but that lets me strongly believe I can use this WOE for the rest of my life to maintain.
How liberating!!
The other thing that makes me happy is watching all those diet commercials on TV and thinking to myself, "You are all so silly. All you have to do is JUDDD--why suffer?"
And last, not only are we all experiencing amazing weight loss results w/JUDDD, but we get to share all that good news w/people who are experiencing the same thing! It is very encouraging to see any of us who may have a question, concern or problem w/numbers, etc. be helped so quickly and efficiently by numerous kind, compassionate, knowledgeable other JUDDDers!
and if I wasn't so into "me" tonight I would have said the same thing! This is the BEST group of people anywhere!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
julietcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,221
Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Great thread.

Some of the main reasons I love JUDDD and it makes me happy are:

JUDDD helped me lose my last few pounds when I was stuck on low carb and starting to gain.

I can eat like a normal person again! I can go out anywhere and not have to search for something low carb. People aren't aware that I am "dieting" since I'm eating carbs now.

I can eat all the foods I was missing. JUDDD is easy! It is definitely something I can do for the long haul to maintain my weight.

I don't feel deprived anymore because there are no forbidden foods. I can actually eat what I'm craving so I get more satisfaction from food than when I was eating yet another egg.

For maintenance, JUDDD is very forgiving and flexible. I can have 2 up days in a row if something special comes up, and with one or 2 good DDs, I'm back to where I like to be.

DDs have taught me that I really can exert willpower and not just binge eat like I've had problems with. I know I can get by on less food. I've even learned that I can actually leave food on my plate on UDs and that I feel better physically if I don't over stuff myself (still working on that one).

JUDDD helped me to get to a weight where I don't want to get any thinner. I never thought that would happen in my lifetime.

I can wear whatever I want and know it will look good.
__________________
Julie
44 years old
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
julietcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Orange County
Posts: 4,221
Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
And yes this is the happiest and most supportive board at LCF, in my opinion.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:43 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,814
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<280/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
--With JUDDD, we don't have to feel guilty for eating "bad" foods. And DDs are just part of the routine, not a "punishment" for eating too much or too decadently the day before.

--There's a sense of peace, as well as pride, in feeling in control of one's body. I felt this briefly on WW; I finally lost some weight and knew what to do after years of feeling that my body was working against me no matter what I ate or how I exercised. I eventually got bored with WW, though!

--Humans like to fit in with other humans!!! On most WOEs, it's pretty obvious to everyone when you're not eating like them, and you may dread getting teased or criticized. You can JUDDD very surreptitiously...and enjoy the food at a party!

--For me there's a sense of relief in knowing that I don't have to buy diet or low-fat foods. I know that many people find them useful on DDs, but I can and often do just have a few simple items to get me through--broth & tea or coffee with cream, celery, a few slices of ham, and a bit of cheese has been my usual menu recently. I also feel like I could do JUDDD (or other IF schedules) anywhere in the world, under any circumstance, on any budget.

--I think most (not all!) LCers, no matter how happy/successful they are with their WOE, feel like they will be restricted for life. They miss certain foods, worry about social events & traveling, and just have this thing hanging over their heads--along with the fear of going off-plan and re-gaining weight--for the foreseeable future. Not so with JUDDD!

As a diabetic, JUDDD isn't as liberating for me as it seems to be for a lot of other ex-LCers...there are times when my UDs don't really make up for how deprived I feel on my DDs (call the wambulance!!!). But I still feel like I can have a bit of cake or popcorn or pizza and it won't be impossible to get back on plan.

Aside from the psychological reasons, I think there are physical reasons that affect our moods, too:

--Some people, perhaps women especially, seem to suffer depression on low-carb; there's a link to serotonin, I've read.

--DDs give your body a rest from digestion, which is a big job! Our enzymes and gut bacteria can't always keep up with the frequent meals. Also, I read that all food, no matter how simple and healthy, triggers an immune response.

This rest from eating & digesting seems to keep me more alert and less irritable. And even when I do eat, I've noticed that I am surprisingly energetic afterwards; I used to get pretty tired after almost every meal. I think my digestion is working more quickly & efficiently since I'm putting less demand on it.

Not very scientific--just my observations and opinions!
I'm taking a long time over this...I bet I'll be repeating someone else's comments by the time I post!
__________________
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
"Really, how is eating a piece of cake bad? Being bad is murdering someone.
That's bad. Don't do that." --Sarah Michelle Gellar
****************************************
New lows, 2014:
7/25 276.2

Last edited by piratejenny; 01-08-2012 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: punctuation
piratejenny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 01:52 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,755
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
For me:
This forum, definitely. I find it wonderfully motivating when people reach goal, stick around to tell us about tuning their maintenance, then stick around to provide support & encouragement. There is a wonderful sense of community here.

The feeling of control. JUDDDs as a WOE is both amazingly free (eat what you want) and individually responsible (stay within your daily calorie range). For me, this being in control of my own destiny it waaaay motivating.

I completely agree with PJ. Giving my digestive system a break every other day is energizing and, for me, very healthy - my gerd is showing definite signs of improvement.
__________________
- Nancy
GOAL 10/3/12
Still at goal 2/6/13
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:27 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,308
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/155.4/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
This is probably going to sound weird, but I agree with everything else already said and then there's this:

DH and I are very busy and we simply don't cook very often. At least not big meals. I love that I can eat out every single meal if I want and find options for UDs and DDs. I have a few go-to DD items from restaurants and of course the UD items are limitless. And there are lean cuisines, etc. for DDs where we don't go out.

Don't get me wrong, we do still make some meals (DDs are always a protein and vegetables for dinner if we cook) and don't subsist solely on take-out, but it's nice to have the option when we're both drained from a long day or simply don't have the time to plan or cook.

Edited due to grammar issue.
__________________
Dawn

Atkins 10/24/11 @ 277.6
JUDDD 12/12/11 @ 267.8
January 2013 @ 165.0: Maintaining however feels the most comfortable with little bouts of WLM thrown in here and there.
January 2014 @ 145: Maintaining with 5:2 and/or JUDDD
July 2014, weight is creeping up: Back to JUDDD.

Last edited by KeirasMom; 01-09-2012 at 06:27 AM..
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:44 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member
 
mattsmama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sunny SoFla
Posts: 608
Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
I agree with all the wonderful posts above! This is the most enjoyable woe around. I like "experimenting" and seeing how creative I can be in the kitchen on DDs. This is the only woe that DH has agreed is normal and doable, and I have to agree with him wholeheartedly.

We have such a wonderful group of friends here. We really have a team spirit, that we are all in this together, and can share our joys and frustrations, and help each other through. This means everything in the world.

I never dreamed in a million years that weight loss and good health would be SO EASY and ENJOYABLE!

Or that I would have so many baggy clothes!

Good post, Beeb!!!
__________________
Lisa


When everything feels like an uphill struggle, just think of the view from the top....


Goal Weight achieved 02/25/2012 on JUDDD- and still losing!
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:25 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!
 
Knittering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,709
Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Everything you guys said, plus:

We get to have chocolate! And not that empty-tasty sugar-free junk, either.

A supportive board free of lectures about how we should only be eating three things forever, amen, because of something related to our distant ancestors.

Knowing that we can go off this plan for a few days and not blow everything and face that daunting two-week Atkins induction AGAIN.

Our pizza doesn't have to be made with cauliflower! It can be if we want it that way but we can also eat REAL PIZZA, hooray! This alone makes me very happy.
__________________
Michelle
March - 12 hours | April - 7 hours
Callanetics goal for May: 10 hours
So far: 0/10
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #11
Administrator
 
Dottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: S.E. Texas Gulf Coast
Posts: 71,384
Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Supportive and friendly group
I think not having to say "I can't eat that" makes a big difference in attitude, too. I may choose not to have something, but not because I "can't" I'm in control, my "diet" is not!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:08 AM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I think everything I wanted to say has been covered, but I wanted to repeat that this is the friendliest, most-supportive, non-judgmental and helpful board I've seen.

Where else can you say you had a Big Mac and fries or cookies or something, and nobody jumps on you for eating "unclean" or from forbidden food groups or Frankenfoods, etc? Because there are no forbidden foods on JUDDD other than what the individual decides, and everyone knows we are all adults who ultimately get to decide what we put into our bodies. So we have people eating mostly Atkins-ish, or high carb, or vegetarian, or whatever, but it all works with JUDDD.

__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 AM   #13
Major LCF Poster!
 
theredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,560
Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
All of the above, plus:

It's wonderful to not wake up in the morning and think, "What am I going to do about my weight today?"

It's wonderful to not feel concerned at all when the scales bounce up a bit after an UD or FD. It's not the beginning of an out-of-control weight gain. It's normal, and it'll come right back down.

It's wonderful to actually LIKE the way my body looks (considering my age and the baggy skin from a big weight loss).

It's wonderful to not feel self-conscious about how I look in my clothes, especially on-stage. It's probably been my biggest motivation. (I don't want the guys in the band to be embarrassed by a fat chick singer, lol.)
__________________
Laurie
5'7" female, 56 yo
DH has lost 90 pounds
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 1,340
Gallery: Scotty
Stats: 174/160.9/140- 5' 7.5" born in 1946
WOE: Enjoying JUDDD's freedom after years of low carb
Start Date: Every day!!! JUDD start 1/13/12
Read this post and many others with interest, and am formulating an introductory post with thoughts, worries, and lots of questions.
TIA!!

Last edited by Scotty; 01-09-2012 at 07:45 AM..
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:51 AM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
MintQ8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Salalah, Oman
Posts: 4,380
Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I like the control of the DD - and trying to be clever with my few cals.

I love the freedom of the UD - and not having to be too clever with my many cals!

I love that if I do get it wrong for a few days - I can get it right soooooo quickly!!

As for the JUDDD BUDDDs - you're all great!! So supportive, so encouraging, so happy to share your experiences, knowledge and happiness!!

I am so excited by having been able to lose soo much weight over the most enjoyably indulgent Christmas in a long time!! One that had NO GUILT associated with it!
__________________
Vicky
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:05 AM   #16
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I agree with everything that has been previously posted. This is now a joyful gathering of folks whose excitement over their weight loss is contagious!

I absolutely LOVE that there is no advice here suggesting people might jog their body into losing a few pounds if they were to stop drinking coffee, maybe cut out all dairy, try limiting themselves to just eggs for a few days, cut out their Crystal Light, or cut their sweetener in the coffee, cut out nuts, cut out deli meat... etc. you get the picture.

It's wonderful to be in a forum group that has so few true problems with weight loss. I'm not talking about often-daily fluctuations on the scale, but about stalls that go on for weeks and months! That's beyond being stalled. That's maintenance in most books. But here, if it has been awhile and there isn't any weight loss being seen, that's a rare, rare occurrence, and we revisit what's going on and get it fixed so weight loss can continue easily.

I was thinking the other day about how we're saving money on the grocery bill. Isn't that a hoot? We are actually saving money just because I eat so little on DDs that all the food supplies last a bit longer. That cracks me up.. just thinking about it! LOL And I think DH is eating a little less now too on my DDs, not because he has to but just because he is a little more aware.

The big thing that differs about JUDDD is the true fasting aspect of Down Days. There have been many, many studies done on the health results from fasting, and the benefits to our overall health are worth following this plan forever! Increased response to insulin is one benefit alone that will be of great help to many at this site. Besides the joy of weight loss, I expect the health benefits from fasting are the most important gifts JUDDD gives us!

Losing weight or easy maintenance combined with the gifts of better health from fasting combined with the delight of eating whatever we want on non-fasting days combined with interaction with other happy, enthusiastic, vibrant people on this forum... What's not to like? Like? Did I just say like? I meant, WHAT'S NOT TO LOVE about JUDDD?
__________________
Best wishes, Pat
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:14 PM   #17
Senior LCF Member
 
gardengoddess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Mt. Pleasant, Michigan
Posts: 990
Gallery: gardengoddess
Stats: 199 highest/187/157 current/130 5'2
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: Restart: 9/5/2013
Because tomorrow.....

I can have a peanut butter sandwich.
gardengoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
The other thing that makes me happy is watching all those diet commercials on TV and thinking to myself, "You are all so silly. All you have to do is JUDDD--why suffer?"
And JUDDD is free!!! No fees to join a weight-loss program and no special foods to buy.

In fact, JUDDD probably saves money over time because you don't have to buy special or extra foods if you don't want... and you eat less every other day.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:53 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
One thing I wanted to add, because this is a big one for me and probably for others as well, is that I don't have to pack around special foods when I go somewhere like I did when I was on strict LC.

I stay with relatives out of town regularly for things I have going on in their area, and since their kitchens are quite carby, I always had to make sure to bring my pork rinds, hb eggs, leftover bacon and cooked hamburger patty, etc. when I was eating LC. Then I had to try to explain every time that I couldn't eat what they'd fixed for lunch

Now I don't bring any food with me unless it's something I want, not because I *have to* or else I'll have nothing to eat. And I can eat whatever they are fixing - I can share a meal made by my family!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:06 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!
 
Alcestis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 2,648
Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/168/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
I was thinking the other day about how we're saving money on the grocery bill. Isn't that a hoot? We are actually saving money just because I eat so little on DDs that all the food supplies last a bit longer.
SO TRUE! Every week I plan our food for the week and send DH off with a long grocery list. Lately he's been asking, "Are you sure that's all we need?" Yup, now that I'm eating about half of what I used to (and not feeling remotely deprived, in fact, quite the opposite!).

A few weeks ago, I was lurking here and thinking, "They can't possibly be that happy and this WOE can't possibly be that easy." I happy to say that I've eaten my words (on an UD, of course!).
Alcestis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #21
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
SO TRUE! Every week I plan our food for the week and send DH off with a long grocery list. Lately he's been asking, "Are you sure that's all we need?" Yup, now that I'm eating about half of what I used to (and not feeling remotely deprived, in fact, quite the opposite!).

A few weeks ago, I was lurking here and thinking, "They can't possibly be that happy and this WOE can't possibly be that easy." I happy to say that I've eaten my words (on an UD, of course!).
Yeah, I expect when you're outside, reading and only looking in, it does look like it gets a little deep in here sometimes, but it's just because weight loss happens, and our mental state gets happier, and we feel better physically as the fasting benefits kick in, and we get to eat whatever we want to eat with no forbidden foods!

If everyone knew how easy it was to adapt to the Down Days, and that they could eat at whatever carb level they want to keep at, there'd be a ton more flocking in here!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #22
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
A few weeks ago, I was lurking here and thinking, "They can't possibly be that happy and this WOE can't possibly be that easy." I happy to say that I've eaten my words (on an UD, of course!).
I just THIS ^^^^^!! I really wish others would understand that our enthusiasm and joy with this WOE is REAL and not a "living in a dream world" kind of thing.

BUT, it is kind of a dream world, isn't it?! On what other plan can you eat whatever you want, a little on one day and a lot on the next, if you so choose, of that favorite thing and STILL lose weight or maintain AND have better health?! Who can't diet every other day?

IT'S THE BEST WOE, I TELL YOU!!

Last edited by Beeb; 01-10-2012 at 09:44 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:01 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!
 
Alcestis's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: New England
Posts: 2,648
Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/168/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Beeb, it was your happiness and enthusiasm that finally got me to take the plunge

SoHappy, yup, I'm a believer now!
Alcestis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!
 
adillenal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,665
Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
One thing I wanted to add, because this is a big one for me and probably for others as well, is that I don't have to pack around special foods when I go somewhere like I did when I was on strict LC.
This.
I used to always take a HB egg with me to meetings so I would have a mid morning snack if eneded since all that would be available would be donuts and pastries. One time I did not eat it and forgot it. When I finally figured out where that smell was coming from (my tote bag) I had to throw it away. Could not air that smell out.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!
 
mayleesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,343
Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I JUDDD because I can eat all the things I denied myself while doing LC and even though I eat all these things I still lost weight and have been keeping it off for months now! On NO other WOE could I eat like I do and still be 133/134 pounds week in and week out!

PLUS, the energy I feel on my especially on my DDs is something I missed for a long time! It's just nice to have the energy to do the things I want to do. AND I finally understand the "I'm not hungry" feeling I heard about! Food is NOT my main focus anymore! Life is NOT about food, it's about LIFE now!!!

How could I NOT JUDDD!!


while i have not experienced loss yet as i'm still with this wretched cold, i have experienced the DD energy high and the non hungry AT all feeling and love that i can eat FOOD, really good food and it's not controlling my life...not losing is better than gaining i suppose, i just wish i could kick the cold and rock the magic, my vacation is in 47 days!

This amazing group of people that i have met here is just sooo great!! warm, comforting, inviting, enthusiastic!! i could go on...but ya'll have already said it!! TOOOO GREAT!!! thanks!!!
__________________
I WANT THIS!

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175 --> 178.2
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140

Last edited by mayleesa; 01-10-2012 at 04:55 PM..
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 04:53 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,568
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Im only on day 2 and I am hooked.. kicking myself for waiting so long as I sit here and drink my glass of red wine! Linda should have listened to you back then! you guys are all great and so supportive! Like a breath of fresh air!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
bumping cause this is a great topic that I want to say more on (the anti-depressant effect of JUDDD and similar IF) if I ever get a chance to research a lil better and organize some thoughts, lol.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!
 
b_lou_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: heaviest 200.4
Posts: 1,858
Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997
I was attracted to the joy here initially.
I needed something I could do with my lifestyle, my eating choices, that wouldn't cause hubby distress either. I couldn't lose even inj hcg or hardcore lc anymore. I had run out of things to adjust after years spent switching over to clean, whole, organic, pastured, etc.
I'm ecstatic to be slowly but surely losing eating normally half the time.
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:04 PM   #29
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 816
Gallery: heyjupiter
Awesome thread!

I realized for me, when I'm on a strict "diet" of low carb, low fat, etc, I ALWAYS feel deprived. I get the "I want it simply because I can't have it" mentality. Now I can eat whatever I want as long as I stay within my calorie limits (which is never an issue as I'm stuffed before hitting them on UD), and still lose! Now that I don't have those restrictions, I find myself not wanting to eat so much junk. Today I made two batches of cookies, two pans of brownies, and two batches of cupcakes for a fundraiser. I licked my fingers a few times, but don't feel the need to over indulge like I would have in the past. So for me, not feeling deprived is HUGE.
heyjupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 03:27 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!
 
b_lou_who's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: heaviest 200.4
Posts: 1,858
Gallery: b_lou_who
Stats: 2014 was195/now186.9 5'7" 44
WOE: whole organic low-sugars IF vegan
Start Date: 1997


Nice to be free grownups in charge of our own eating without taboos to rebel against

Last edited by b_lou_who; 04-01-2012 at 03:28 PM..
b_lou_who is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.