Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Because of my fingernails!! Seriously, I'm noticing that since I got into JUDDing, my cracked ugly nails (and the pinky nail on my left hand that was turning kind of a weird brownish color when I was LCing and I was getting worried about the poor little thing!) are so pink and healthy with brilliant white tips now. And they are stronger and not cracking.

It's gotta be JUDD magic.

Oh, and yes because I was stuck on the scale w/ LC and it got moving again and now I'm down over 36 pounds from my highest weight!!! And believing I'm really gonna reach my goal and beyond! JUDD make me a believer.

"Weight loss isn't about winning a race; it's about crossing the finish line at your own pace." -Dianna Rodriguiz

current numbers: 1975/395
goal numbers: 1700/350 (just a reminder)
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
I found myself ratcheting down on carbs with each passing week thinking...One day I'm going to run out of carbs to subtract. Then I hit 204 and sat there and sat there and decided it's time to find something new. I read the posts for JUDDD all day and was amazed at the enthusiastic descriptions, support, and thought, Yes, I can do this. While I thought my hardest task would be the DD, I found the UD was the hardest...to eat so much without feeling bad was a challenge for several days.

The enthusiasm and positive mindset here was also a draw. I appreciate how helpful everyone is and feel bad I don't have time to greet and comment on every person. I admire those of you who do.

I was describing to my father-in-law about the UD and DDs and apparently I was quite enthusiastic because he said "Let me guess, it's an up day?" I said, no it's a DD. This was at 9pm and he was amazed I was so cheerful and enthusiastic so late in the day. Well it works, and I feel better so I'm more cheerful and more enthusiastic.

I'm making nice, slow progress and feeling good. I'm dealing with the UDs better and look forward to the middle of the month when we visit my in-laws for a week. I can show them just how good it is.

Thank you all.
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:38 PM   #33
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Luna Loca
Stats: 303/159/159
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 10/17/10 started JUDDD on 1/28/12 at 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
bumping cause this is a great topic that I want to say more on (the anti-depressant effect of JUDDD and similar IF) if I ever get a chance to research a lil better and organize some thoughts, lol.
Subbing because I've been wondering about this, too, Sophie.

For me, I have bipolar disorder, which means I swing from depression to mania, which is a good-feeling state where I have lots of energy, start (maybe not complete, but start) lots of projects, feel much more expressive and outgoing, become more talkative, etc. This in and of itself is not a problem, but it can easily spin up into a much more unstable state where use and abuse of substances, shopping, sex, etc can become a problem, as well as mind-states which are less than desirable.

I've been feeling more "up" since starting this WOE. Now, it's also spring, which tends to be a more up time for me anyway. I can't really tell if it's the WOE or the spring or maybe neither or maybe a combination of both.

So I'll eagerly look forward to what you find.

"Success occurs in clusters and is born in generosity" --Julia Cameron

Describes my JUDDD Buddds perfectly.
Luna Loca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: krow134
Stats: 207 starting weight in 2012
WOE: Atkins
Oh I love the energy it gives me! I can run everyday and not feel like I have too, I just want too!!!

Its so nice eating real food and not picking through food!
krow134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 02:03 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
I've only been doing this for 5 days but I can already say:

- I love having no pressure of what I can and cannot eat
- I love feeling in control
- I love not feeling like a failure when I do eat non LC foods
- I love knowing that NOTHING is off plan
- I love being able to drink a beer or a glass of wine without worrying that my weightloss may stall
- I'm looking forward to being able to maintain my eventual goal weight without being obsessed and having to tweak my diet!

Most of all: I love that you are all here, offering support, motivation, advice and love!!!!!
I'm a very happy lady right now!!!!

female, 38y/o, 5'10"

my blog:
http://crazybeautyhealth.blogspot.de/
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:38 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Oh golly, Sophie, ever since I read Yam-Yam's article that said calorie restriction/IF releases dopamine, I have been reading the positive, up-beat posts with new eyes. Please do finish your research and share. As Luna says, the change in seasons helps. But I do think JUDDD Magic has some very important, happy undertones.

In the meantime, I am happy because even when life gets busy and I stray (this last week DDs and UDs became a jumble) I know I can always find my way back to the rotation and JUDDD will oh-so-quickly forgive.

I am happy because I found this forum and all you wonderful people who help me find my way back!
STILL below goal 2/15/14

I did not "lose" weight. I evicted it. It is gone and it ain't coming back!

JUDDD cares about calories. JUDDD does not care what you eat. Your body probably does.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 08:27 AM   #37

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/137/126 5'3" Age 67
WOE: JUDDD restart 8/25/2014
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
I love JUDDD because I have not only reached and dropped below my goal weight I have met the nicest, kindest, friendliest bunch of people on the planet.

I love seeing the successes and the joy that those successes bring to so many.

I love the freedom to eat what I choose, healthy or not, as my situation and mood allow, with no guilt.

I could go on, and on and on. I simply love JUDDD.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:35 AM   #38
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimosa23 View Post

- I love being able to drink a beer or a glass of wine without worrying that my weightloss may stall
- I'm looking forward to being able to maintain my eventual goal weight without being obsessed and having to tweak my diet!

Most of all: I love that you are all here, offering support, motivation, advice and love!!!!!

Yes!! To all of it! I'm so glad you're enjoying this, so am I.

It is very liberating! I'm loving how I can truly live my life and not have to focus undue attention on what I can or can't eat. The UD's make the DD's very easy.
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:13 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Eieio
Stats: 155/140/130 (130)
WOE: Atkin, JUDDD
Start Date: Dec-10
Great thread here.
I've been having up up and away days due to company. Hey I have toblamesomething.ha. So that had slowed down some I was home alone and loving it. Was shooting for a good dd.
All at once i noticed I was feeling cold and wondered what the heck. Then it dawned on me.
I WAS HAVING A GREAT DD and also the good head feeling was back. I WAS SOOOO HAPPY.
I had wondered how long it would take to get that feeling back after I had ran it into the ditch. Just next day of doing well...I was impressed.But I did gain up to 134 this morning. I was down to 131..It will go away if I keep in the Judding lane and stay of the ditches. Which ditches happen for sure. I'm glad to see that can be pulled back up!
Eieio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:37 PM   #40

Because I can always pop in here and get a 'lift'.

And because none of the favourite foods are forbidden me.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #41
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:

Not a but a WONDERFUL post!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sunday
Stats: 225/145/ ...
WOE: Perfect Health Diet- 16hr Daily Fast
Start Date: JUDDD - 2/01/12 Began at 200, Goal 130
I am HAPPY, because of the fact that this AMAZING group, especially all of you JUDDD Pros, *Beeb, Pat, Gotsomeold, Yam-Yam, Sophiethecat, plus many more...* have made me realize that this is truly as simple as it sounds!!! We feast, then fast, feast, then fast...repeat, etc. Not much too this WOE, except for the fact that I log it all on ****** to keep me accountable!

And then there is the Pinot Noir, Reisling, Malbec, & Moscato! Can't believe I waited so long to jump in!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jbinme
I used to be a couch potatoe and now I'm a JUDDD BUDDD!
Jbinme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:59 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Mimosa23
Stats: 227.2/185.5/160
WOE: Keto
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post

Yes!! To all of it! I'm so glad you're enjoying this, so am I.

It is very liberating! I'm loving how I can truly live my life and not have to focus undue attention on what I can or can't eat. The UD's make the DD's very easy.
Hey you! I keep meaning to say hi to you and then my work or other distractions keep me from doing so, so today: Hey!!!!! Nice to see you again!

Another thing that makes me happy is after my second UD I feel complete and utter calmness over the two beers and three chocolates I had. Actually, I feel pretty darned good that I did!!!
Mimosa23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:32 PM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post
I am HAPPY, because of the fact that this AMAZING group, especially all of you JUDDD Pros, *Beeb, Pat, Gotsomeold, Yam-Yam, Sophiethecat, plus many more...* have made me realize that this is truly as simple as it sounds!!! We feast, then fast, feast, then fast...repeat, etc. Not much too this WOE, except for the fact that I log it all on ****** to keep me accountable!

And then there is the Pinot Noir, Reisling, Malbec, & Moscato! Can't believe I waited so long to jump in!
Wow! that just made my day!!! You listed me in with the honest-to-goodness JUDD pros!!

Love that last line as well. woo-Hooo! Thursday is an UP day and DH just ask me to buy some red and white wine because a friend of his is coming over to interview him for a book. He said we could all sit around, drink wine, and talk about the book.

I'm gonna make some kind of yummy appetizers. How fun is JUDD???
Old 04-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #46

What's wrong with me? I only had one glass of red this evening.........

And Yam-Yam, of course you are a pro JUDDDer. And one of the happiest most helpful ones too. x
Old 04-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: oropendola
Stats: 221.4/186.6/160
WOE: Belly Fat Cure -> JUDDD -> JUDDD + DrK
Start Date: January 2, 2012 -> March 8 -> July 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
What's wrong with me? I only had one glass of red this evening.........

And Yam-Yam, of course you are a pro JUDDDer. And one of the happiest most helpful ones too. x
I agree!
oropendola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:37 PM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Old 04-04-2012, 01:29 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Sheridan
Quote:
Hey you! I keep meaning to say hi to you and then my work or other distractions keep me from doing so, so today: Hey!!!!! Nice to see you again!

Another thing that makes me happy is after my second UD I feel complete and utter calmness over the two beers and three chocolates I had. Actually, I feel pretty darned good that I did!!!
I'm glad you're here!

I'm feeling pretty excited about having REAL pizza - crust, too - and a beer (or two) on one of the next UD's! And won't feel the slightest twinge of guilt, either!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yam-Yam View Post
Wow! that just made my day!!! You listed me in with the honest-to-goodness JUDD pros!!

Love that last line as well. woo-Hooo! Thursday is an UP day and DH just ask me to buy some red and white wine because a friend of his is coming over to interview him for a book. He said we could all sit around, drink wine, and talk about the book.

I'm gonna make some kind of yummy appetizers. How fun is JUDD???
WAY fun!
Sheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:36 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Yam-Yam, you are both rocking and working to truly understand JUDDD.

If you ain't a pro then there are no pro's.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:43 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Yam-Yam, if you aren't a pro, then you are the best advice giver for a newbie, that I have met!

Kissa, dear friend, YOU are the one that explained to me that vino would be perfectly acceptable on a DD! Thank you, merci, and gracias!!! Although, I haven't been able to sneak it in too often, just the idea that a bad DD could end with one glass is loverly!

Yam-Yam, So is DH a writer??? I think you are going to have to post all of these wonderful treats that you will be serving!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ot...th-august.html
Old 04-04-2012, 05:55 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NH_Free
Stats: 153.5/125 (oops)/120ish
WOE: Atkins Maintenance
Start Date: Feb.19, 2012
You guys are making me very tempted to give JUDDD a try! I'm doing Atkins and under 1100 calories and it's starting to feel too restrictive. But the only way I can lose is to watch my calories. I dread the thought of an initial weight gain from switching though. I'm losing a steady 2-3 lbs. a week and I'm in a hurry to get the weight off. Maybe when I get to goal, I'll try a LC version of JUDDD for maintenance. I can't ever go back to eating sugar, but it would be nice to have real pizza once in a while.
NH_Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:24 AM   #53

We'd love to have anyone from The Shire, lol, and NH free, lol.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:49 AM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunday View Post

Sunday you!

Glad you jumped in to the party here! Wine & Chocolate on a diet, woot!

Quote:
Beer and chocolate and losing weight, no wonder we're so happy, huh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheridan View Post

I'm feeling pretty excited about having REAL pizza - crust, too - and a beer (or two) on one of the next UD's! And won't feel the slightest twinge of guilt, either!

Yes, Sheridan - REAL pizza with REAL crust from anywhere you like, any recipe you like - JUDDD is the best! There's no guilt in JUDDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Free View Post
You guys are making me very tempted to give JUDDD a try! I'm doing Atkins and under 1100 calories and it's starting to feel too restrictive. But the only way I can lose is to watch my calories. I dread the thought of an initial weight gain from switching though. I'm losing a steady 2-3 lbs. a week and I'm in a hurry to get the weight off. Maybe when I get to goal, I'll try a LC version of JUDDD for maintenance. I can't ever go back to eating sugar, but it would be nice to have real pizza once in a while.
We you to join us here, NH! Anytime you like, door's always open my pre-JUDDD bud!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #55
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
hahaha.
I'm happier "every other day" - how about that?
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: DD80
Stats: 188/165.0/145 5'10"
WOE: Organic GrassFed Gluten-Free 5/13 Dairy Free 2/14
Start Date: 1/10/12 Medi, 2/9/12 First UD, 1/1/13 New Plan
Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Free View Post
I think you should try it! Lots of JUDDDers do it LC and love it! It can accomodate any style of eating. If you do add carbs, add them slowly, but don't be afraid!
DD80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #57
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: adillenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
hahaha.
This is more like me. yesterday was a DD and if you asked my goats they would agree I was not very patient with them. They should not have picked a DD to storm the gate to the milkroom when they normally stand and wait to enter one by one.
adillenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:59 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: PixieKGirl
Stats: 163/152/136
WOE: JUDD
Start Date: 3/26/12
9 days and 7.4 lbs GONE!!! I'm loving life, love this board and LOVE JUDD! I eat carbs and my son and hubby are happy too!

Getting ready to have a glass of wine (UD) and need to ADD 300 more calories in!

Pixie
PixieKGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adillenal View Post
This is more like me. yesterday was a DD and if you asked my goats they would agree I was not very patient with them. They should not have picked a DD to storm the gate to the milkroom when they normally stand and wait to enter one by one.
Goats storm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieKGirl View Post
9 days and 7.4 lbs GONE!!! I'm loving life, love this board and LOVE JUDD! I eat carbs and my son and hubby are happy too!

Getting ready to have a glass of wine (UD) and need to ADD 300 more calories in!

Pixie
Congrats on 7.4 gone so fast!!!

Wine and UD = lots of happy!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:34 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: gotitnow
Yesterday was a wild and crazy and scarey day and I missed lots of the posts. ^^^^^^^^were some of them. I am in total agreement with every single one, and for the record Yam Yam, you are pro level, all-star, one of, if not THE best BUDD to have on here. Good advice, funny, encouraging, rarely miss anyone in need or otherwise, full of compassion and on and on, AND have your own successful journey you share with us so openly. There are others in that elite group too, so how lucky we are!!! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH and so proud of all the good reports!
gotitnow is offline   Reply With Quote