Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Help with my numbers :)

Hi guys, gearing up to start tomorrow but just want to check the numbers.. using the JUDDD online calc based on 25% weight loss mode its giving me a total of 1884 on an UD and 471 on a DD.. which to me is way too low.. I will be sick to my stomach on my DDS and would like to raise it some.. what is an acceptable number? and how does those UD calories look? Any input at all is MUCH appreciated
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
honestly, my dds have been around 350 or less...AND as much as i thought i'd be sick, i actually have gone lower and have not had one bad effect at all....I EVEN work out on down days....for real girl you wont even be bothered....i have more energy on dd's than i ever could have imagined...i aimed for just 500 because i thought thats what the books bench mark is and found that lower is easy!! dont worry!!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:02 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillverOrchid View Post
Hi guys, gearing up to start tomorrow but just want to check the numbers.. using the JUDDD online calc based on 25% weight loss mode its giving me a total of 1884 on an UD and 471 on a DD.. which to me is way too low.. I will be sick to my stomach on my DDS and would like to raise it some.. what is an acceptable number? and how does those UD calories look? Any input at all is MUCH appreciated
Without knowing all of your current stats, like age and height as well as accurate current weight and level of exercise, I can't comment about 1884 for your UDs, but that number looks reasonable anyway.

And as to your DD calorie limit, if you can't start at 500 calories, which is what our first couple of weeks is allowed to be, then start higher. You won't be the only one who isn't used to eating little, and until your brain adapts to it, it can be hard. Some feel they have to start at 600 and even 700 and work their way down gradually, and that's OK too. Beeb started out at 700 calorie DDs, and she hit her goal weight so fast she never even had time to bring her DD cals down any lower!

Certainly understand that it is the low calorie Down Days that are responsible for our weight loss, so do the best you can. And then the Up Days are for eating a whole wide range of healthful foods (and delightful foods) to nourish and strengthen your body and help it begin to normalize itself, normalize your appetite, normalize your relationship with your eating and with FOOD. It all works together and is a wonderful plan. Just hard to jump right into for some. Do the best you can at the beginning. AND, make a food plan for your DDs so that you don't find you've already overeaten your calories and it's only midday so far! (Ask me how I know that doesn't work.)
Old 01-08-2012, 12:05 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Without knowing all of your current stats, like age and height as well as accurate current weight and level of exercise, I can't comment about 1884 for your UDs, but that number looks reasonable anyway.

And as to your DD calorie limit, if you can't start at 500 calories, which is what our first couple of weeks is allowed to be, then start higher. You won't be the only one who isn't used to eating little, and until your brain adapts to it, it can be hard. Some feel they have to start at 600 and even 700 and work their way down gradually, and that's OK too. Beeb started out at 700 calorie DDs, and she hit her goal weight so fast she never even had time to bring her DD cals down any lower!

Certainly understand that it is the low calorie Down Days that are responsible for our weight loss, so do the best you can. And then the Up Days are for eating a whole wide range of healthful foods (and delightful foods) to nourish and strengthen your body and help it begin to normalize itself, normalize your appetite, normalize your relationship with your eating and with FOOD. It all works together and is a wonderful plan. Just hard to jump right into for some. Do the best you can at the beginning. AND, make a food plan for your DDs so that you don't find you've already overeaten your calories and it's only midday so far! (Ask me how I know that doesn't work.)

Current stats are 180, Im 5' 7 ( and three quarters of an inch!!) and Im 40 500 to 700 sounds reasonable but under 500 makes me wonder lol Im sure I will get used to it in no time.. I do well on a plan rather than wandering around trying to lose on my own! lol
Old 01-08-2012, 12:06 PM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Oh and I agree, will totally plan out my DDs .. although I am one who usually doesnt eat anything until 1pm.. just a cup of tea in the morning or coffee..
Old 01-08-2012, 12:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Oh and I agree, will totally plan out my DDs .. although I am one who usually doesnt eat anything until 1pm.. just a cup of tea in the morning or coffee..
I'm one of those too, and to my way of thinking, it makes it a whole lot easier. But maybe that's because my natural and normal appetite rhythm picks up as the day wears on, so for me it's a good idea to have calories available for a midday/early afternoon lunch and then plan some for suppertime and some more for after supper/evening snack.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Current stats are 180, Im 5' 7 ( and three quarters of an inch!!) and Im 40 500 to 700 sounds reasonable but under 500 makes me wonder lol Im sure I will get used to it in no time.. I do well on a plan rather than wandering around trying to lose on my own! lol
You've used the JUDDD calculator correctly and those are the figures for your stats, so I'd just go with it for awhile... well, other than upping your Down Day calories to a level that you can manage right at first, then working on bringing down that DD fasting calorie number as you get into this.

I bet you'll do fine. And if you do, you will be very, very happy with the results!
Old 01-08-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Hi Kristy,

I just started yesterday and I too was afraid of the DD #'s I was given [and the UD!] I decided I would aim for 500 cals and guess what? I was UNDER 500 [476 I think] and I did just fine! I got a bit of a headache but that was it.

Good Luck to you!
lil miss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #9
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You've used the JUDDD calculator correctly and those are the figures for your stats, so I'd just go with it for awhile... well, other than upping your Down Day calories to a level that you can manage right at first, then working on bringing down that DD fasting calorie number as you get into this.

I bet you'll do fine. And if you do, you will be very, very happy with the results!
Ok sounds good, will try the 500 tp 700 range.. who knows might not even need the extra range but better safe than a binge lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
Hi Kristy,

I just started yesterday and I too was afraid of the DD #'s I was given [and the UD!] I decided I would aim for 500 cals and guess what? I was UNDER 500 [476 I think] and I did just fine! I got a bit of a headache but that was it.

Good Luck to you!

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Girlfriend, I started at 700 calories because I was afraid that the 345 calories that the JUDDD site gave me was not going to be enough. They weren't, so I upped my calories and still lost steadily doing 700 calories or less a day. Most days it was less, but I never got below 500 and stayed more around 600 for my DDs.

Some will say I didn't do it "as suggested or recommended" but I did use the calculator at a calorie number between 40% and 45%, lost like crazy and the rest is history!!

DO WHAT YOU THINK WILL WORK FOR YOU, bottom line!! If you need more on those DD in the beginning, then add more! Make this a WOE that you are NOT afraid to do and if upping those DD calories does this for you, have at it!!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:

Kristy--first--listen to Pat--she's very knowledgeable about JUDDD and is great w/advice.
This is hard to believe at first--but, for encouragement--you REALLY DO get used to the DDs and don't have as much of an appetite later on. But, please be patient--it took me a good 4 weeks or so to feel like I wasn't hungry at all, even if I ate under my DD limit.
Good Luck and glad to have you here!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I think my first DD was something like 800 calories I slowly worked it down to 700 - and then finally around 600. JUDDD still worked great for me. With time, I had some DD around 500 and a few less than 500, but later gave myself the extra calories again if I needed them - and I usually did! I consider DD 500 - 700 calories (and up to 100 more than that if really needed!)
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:36 AM   #13

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
I think I'm the weirdo. I allowed myself 500, was very nervous about it, and have not once even come close to 500. I usually stay under 400 and never feel deprived.

I'm a lot bigger than most of the women here, so maybe in some ways, I have more "to live off" than others.

Whatever the case, the DDs were super scary for me until the very first one, when I had no trouble at all. And my husband is shocked because I usually get very snippy if I don't eat enough. That has absolutely changed with JUDDD.

I turned the fear into a mental challenge. Now I simply see how low I can stay on a DD. I don't let myself get too worked up if I get hungry and eat something, but I do make sure I have very low calorie items to choose from, and I stick to those.

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Girlfriend, I started at 700 calories because I was afraid that the 345 calories that the JUDDD site gave me was not going to be enough. They weren't, so I upped my calories and still lost steadily doing 700 calories or less a day. Most days it was less, but I never got below 500 and stayed more around 600 for my DDs.

Some will say I didn't do it "as suggested or recommended" but I did use the calculator at a calorie number between 40% and 45%, lost like crazy and the rest is history!!

DO WHAT YOU THINK WILL WORK FOR YOU, bottom line!! If you need more on those DD in the beginning, then add more! Make this a WOE that you are NOT afraid to do and if upping those DD calories does this for you, have at it!!
Sounds like a good plan Linda the calculator gave me under 500 thats why I was kinda like WHAT? lol but I know most say 500 is a good minimum so will see how I do today and go from there! But at least I know those extra are there if I need!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsam1156 View Post
Kristy--first--listen to Pat--she's very knowledgeable about JUDDD and is great w/advice.
This is hard to believe at first--but, for encouragement--you REALLY DO get used to the DDs and don't have as much of an appetite later on. But, please be patient--it took me a good 4 weeks or so to feel like I wasn't hungry at all, even if I ate under my DD limit.
Good Luck and glad to have you here!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I think my first DD was something like 800 calories I slowly worked it down to 700 - and then finally around 600. JUDDD still worked great for me. With time, I had some DD around 500 and a few less than 500, but later gave myself the extra calories again if I needed them - and I usually did! I consider DD 500 - 700 calories (and up to 100 more than that if really needed!)
I usually just have a cup of hot tea in the morning and don't eat until around noon sometimes later than that..so Im hoping today goes smoothly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
I think I'm the weirdo. I allowed myself 500, was very nervous about it, and have not once even come close to 500. I usually stay under 400 and never feel deprived.

I'm a lot bigger than most of the women here, so maybe in some ways, I have more "to live off" than others.

Whatever the case, the DDs were super scary for me until the very first one, when I had no trouble at all. And my husband is shocked because I usually get very snippy if I don't eat enough. That has absolutely changed with JUDDD.

I turned the fear into a mental challenge. Now I simply see how low I can stay on a DD. I don't let myself get too worked up if I get hungry and eat something, but I do make sure I have very low calorie items to choose from, and I stick to those.
I tried explaining this WOE to DH last night, and he was like 500 calories??! Thats not enough for a person for a whole day lol I told him not to worry I would be fine lol
Old 01-09-2012, 09:39 AM   #15

Quote:

I tried explaining this WOE to DH last night, and he was like 500 calories??! Thats not enough for a person for a whole day lol I told him not to worry I would be fine lol
You have to tell him, "Precisely! It's not enough for a person for a whole day, and it forces the body to open up some of those fat cells and empty them out to get operating fuel! That's just what we want to have happen!"
Old 01-09-2012, 09:43 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
You have to tell him, "Precisely! It's not enough for a person for a whole day, and it forces the body to open up some of those fat cells and empty them out to get operating fuel! That's just what we want to have happen!"
LOL yes I did explain that there was a plan behind it.. he likes to read a lot like I do so I told him I would send him a link to the how and why part online..
Old 01-09-2012, 10:36 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Kristy, my DH isn't crazy about counting calories, after being a low carber for 8 years, so he doesn't. He's lost some more weight in spite of it, lol. I hope your DH "gets" it.

BTW, we're the same height, and I lost well on 500-600 DDs and about 1900 cals for UDs. Now that I'm at goal, I keep having FDs here and there and bounce up and down a lot. But a DD or two ALWAYS take the water weight back off. You're going to do great!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #18
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
Kristy, my DH isn't crazy about counting calories, after being a low carber for 8 years, so he doesn't. He's lost some more weight in spite of it, lol. I hope your DH "gets" it.

BTW, we're the same height, and I lost well on 500-600 DDs and about 1900 cals for UDs. Now that I'm at goal, I keep having FDs here and there and bounce up and down a lot. But a DD or two ALWAYS take the water weight back off. You're going to do great!
My DH is one of those lucky ones who doesnt need to count anything ! I am so excited to see how I do on this.. I have to wrap my head around calories instead of carbs which is a challenge since Ive been LCing for so long, and thanks! I think with the help of you all I should do awesome!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:55 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
My DH is one of those lucky ones who doesnt need to count anything ! I am so excited to see how I do on this.. I have to wrap my head around calories instead of carbs which is a challenge since Ive been LCing for so long, and thanks! I think with the help of you all I should do awesome!
You will adjust to calorie counting very fast! I know it's a big change, but believe me, you'll have it down before you know it.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote