Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Sunday! what are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/752775-its-sunday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Dottie 01-08-2012 07:04 AM

It's Sunday! what are you eating today?

DD
B: Coffee w/almond milk
D: curry beef over cauliflower rice
S: chicken breast and celery
445cals

KeirasMom 01-08-2012 07:17 AM

After yesterday's VERY good DD (down 2 lbs since Friday--4.4 lbs in 8 days!), today is an UD.

I have nothing planned, but will probably take DD to breakfast while DH sleeps in. That probably means bagels or panera.

After that is anybody's guess. It will be yummy, somewhat nutritious, and 2200 calories or less. :)

qbert 01-08-2012 07:23 AM

It's my DD and I'm new to this but I plan on having:
egg whites with splash of ketchup
green beans/carrots
chicken breast
baked apple

So far I have had tea - my big dinner from last night must be keeping me hunger free today.

belfrybat 01-08-2012 07:26 AM

I'm back from my trip and even though I tried not to overeat, I managed to gain the 2 lbs I lost last week plus found another one. So I'm starting all over again but in the red. Pits.

UD for me as I have a steak in the fridge I thawed thinking I'd eat it yesterday and I refuse to waste good steak.

B: coffee with half n half, protein shake, tangerine
L: steak, LC veggies, salad with dressing
D: I have no idea but something fairly light and lowish carb
Sn: Lynns chocolate with pecans

Knittering 01-08-2012 07:42 AM

UD for me.

Coffee with cream, blueberry scone
A few crackers with smoked salmon and herbed cream cheese
Broccoli cheese soup
Grilled steak and salad
Maybe some light ice cream later with my parents if they come for a visit tonight

babybella 01-08-2012 07:45 AM

4th DD for me

My last DD was full of low cal higher carb snacks; not wanting to repeat that again!

B: coffee with half and half/splenda
L: egg beater omelet with green pepper and onion
D: 3 oz filet mignon and zucchini roasted

I looked the filet up on ************ and there seems to be inconsistency! The one I went with is 90 cal for 3 oz, but if this seems off please chime in!

I haven't weighed as it's TOM starting and I know it's going to be elevated so I'll wait a few days.

Dottie 01-08-2012 08:19 AM

Most lean beef seems to run about 50 calories per ounce (trimmed, no real visible fat) so I use that as a base. 90cals for 3 oz seems a little low unless it's the 97% lean stuff. IMO.

Dottie 01-08-2012 08:22 AM

Oh here:
http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com...let%20card.pdf

The info is per 3oz serving:)

MintQ8 01-08-2012 08:55 AM

UD here!! Thank goodness - as I had a rubbish night's sleep last night!!

B: Traditional Austrian style breakfast - cold cuts, eggs, liverwurst pate & wonderful bread & Coffee
L: Coffee (latte machiatto - sp?) & a slice of lemon baked cheesecake
S: Cup of tea (actually when I had the cheesecake) & a Gluhwein
D: Whatever is on the menu!

Probably only about 700 cals left for the day - but I am on holiday!! so we will see - because - wine may be drunk!!

dasiey 01-08-2012 09:17 AM

ud for me
eggs and bacon coffee with almond milk so far
515 cals.

Alcestis 01-08-2012 09:20 AM

DD

Trying to stick to coffee for most of the day.
D: Italian sausage soup - made it yesterday - 380 cals for a big bowl. YUM!

SoHappy 01-08-2012 09:27 AM

We loved breakfast this morning. Scrambled eggs -and I made them perfect this time, so light and fluffy - with butter melting on them, and fresh baked bread, hot from the oven and slathered with butter and black current jam! Very delicious!

We probably won't eat anything again until this evening, and it will be a beef roast with.. ?

babybella 01-08-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15308028)
Oh here:
http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com...let%20card.pdf

The info is per 3oz serving:)

Thanks Dottie! I guess I better slide the steak to dinner tomorrow and find something else for tonight!

sophiethecat 01-08-2012 10:05 AM

DD.

Just black coffee so far.

julietcc 01-08-2012 10:12 AM

DD thank goodness. I totally ate like crazy at a potluck party last night :D

The plan:

B: Coffee with SF creamer- 65
L: Progresso Light Soup - 160
D: Cabbage, with 2 LC cheeses, 2 carbmaster yogurts - 230

= 455 calories

Am I the only one who is starving the morning after a big night of eating?? :mad:

SoHappy 01-08-2012 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julietcc (Post 15308324)
DD thank goodness. I totally ate like crazy at a potluck party last night :D

The plan:

B: Coffee with SF creamer- 65
L: Progresso Light Soup - 160
D: Cabbage, with 2 LC cheeses, 2 carbmaster yogurts - 230

= 455 calories

Am I the only one who is starving the morning after a big night of eating?? :mad:

Sounds like your potluck party last evening was wonderful. I'm never hungry the next morning. LOL But your DD sounds like a good plan, so I'll bet it gets you back into a more normal appetite level promptly. Have a successful day! :)

itsmeshelly01 01-08-2012 10:53 AM

UD for me

Bacon eggs and light wheat toast with butter and butter for breakfast....yummy!
1 square of godiva milk chocolate
I don't know about lunch yet
Dinner will be salad with ground beef and bacon over spinach. I think im gonna try making some hot vinaigrette dressing. I have to find a recipe for it. I saved my bacon base so that sounds really good
I made some coconut bark to snack on later

Im shooting for 1800 cals at least today
Im already at almost 600

LouLou 01-08-2012 11:14 AM

DD for me!

B. egg sub with ketchup
L. chicken , broccoli pierogies

That might be it for the day. Really, really trying to stay at 500 cals.

adillenal 01-08-2012 11:27 AM

This is my very first UD so please don't laugh at my carb choice since I am coming off LC.
B - 2 scrambed eggs, coffee with cream
L - pinto beans and cornbread with butter (this is what i have been craving forever)
D - cabbage, tomato and lean ground beef skillet meal
It is rainy and cool here. Not cold but real gloomy and pinto beans are a comfort food for me I guess. I can die happy now.

Knittering 01-08-2012 11:36 AM

Quote:

pinto beans and cornbread with butter (this is what i have been craving forever)
That sounds so good!! :)

sophiethecat 01-08-2012 12:06 PM

Your menu sounds delish Adillenal!

Still nothing for me but black coffee so far.

Speck333 01-08-2012 12:12 PM

Medium Day

and it's also clean out the fridge day, gotta eat up some of these leftovers...

B: just coffee and cream
L: last bit of the bean soup, leftover cole slaw
S: If needed, maybe some almonds or ham n cheese roll ups or ??
D: low carb chili with cheese, and flax crackers

sophiethecat 01-08-2012 01:20 PM

Had an 18 hr fast since last night. About 2:30 I had thin-sliced ham, cheese, mayo, evoo, on sourdough bread. It would have made a big sandwich, but I could only eat half. I had potato chips with it. Then I had a peeled apple. Probably 600-800 calories.

That's all I'll eat until later, when FD starts again.

LightlyStarched 01-08-2012 01:33 PM

DD today.

I am going to try not eating until later in the day. I got started on a painting project this morning that kept me occupied until 1:30, so I just started eating for the day:

1:30 2 breakfast sausage Cals? Maybe 150-200.

ETA: plan for the rest of the day:

dinner: raw tuna filet with soy & wasabi - cals? Dunno...maybe 200.

snack before bed: 1 T peanut butter - 100 cals.

I have no clue what to eat the rest of today.

Dh is going to do JUDDD with me. He ran his numbers and got 900 for down days and like 5500 for up days. Men!!!! He won't eat that much, so I just know the weight is going to fly off of him.

It makes it easier to menu plan now....on down days I just have to feed the kids!

MintQ8 01-08-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

This used to be the case - hasn't been since I started JUDDD though - weird eh??

Speck333 01-08-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

It depends on what I eat. Fully recognizing that everyone's bodies are different here, but when I eat high carbs for dinner, I wake up very hungry the next day (and I am not the type that is usually hungry for the first 2-4 hours after waking). But if I eat a protein/fat filled meal for dinner, I have no hunger the next day. For example, last night I had sausage and veggies for dinner about 7pm. This morning, I was not hungry at all and I just ate my first food of the day at 1pm, and I wasn't stomach-rumbling hungry then either, just felt that it was time to eat something.

MLE 01-08-2012 02:40 PM

UD:

B: Coffee & SF CoffeeMate
L: Waffle & Nutella
S: Mini BN Fraise (jelly-filled crackers)
D: Swedish Meatballs, Mixed Veggies, Baked Potato, Milk & Cookies

Calories: 1867

SoHappy 01-08-2012 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MLE (Post 15309098)
UD:

B: Coffee & SF CoffeeMate
L: Waffle & Nutella
S: Mini BN Fraise (jelly-filled crackers)
D: Swedish Meatballs, Mixed Veggies, Baked Potato, Milk & Cookies

Calories: 1867

MLE is doing the Carb-Up! :laugh:

I've never heard of jelly-filled crackers, but they sound interesting. I wonder if they have them over in the U.S.?

Kissa 01-08-2012 02:50 PM

UD. May i simply mention Austrian Walnut cake.:yummy:

Oh, and Lasagne, and wine?:hyst:

And feeling thin?

MLE 01-08-2012 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15309108)
MLE is doing the Carb-Up! :laugh:

I've never heard of jelly-filled crackers, but they sound interesting. I wonder if they have them over in the U.S.?

Yes...:o, I am becoming more and more french in my eating. They eat loads of breads, cheese, pastries, fat and stay thin. If you have never had a Guafre avec Nutella than you are missing out!! The jelly-filled crackers are more like a cracker sandwich with a strawberry jelly-like substance in between. They are actually snacks for my daughter's schoolbag...I was just very hungry after a long choir practice followed by a church service and my breakfast was long gone by 7:30pm. Poor planning on my part.:confused: