Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   A New DD Find! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/752742-new-dd-find.html)

Mommie22boys 01-07-2012 01:57 PM

A New DD Find!

Vegetable souffles by Garden Lites. Has anyone else seen these? They are 140 calories each (there's a sweet potato flavor that's 180, I think) with 10 grams of protein each. And, they're gluten-free, if that's something you look out for. The flavors are: spinach, zucchini, and roasted vegetable, and I found them in the frozen section of the grocery store. I picked up a spinach and a zucchini...can't wait to give them try. I figure they'll be good on a DD OR on an UD if I've gotten myself into trouble and don't have a lot of calories left for dinner. :hyst:

Just wanted to share with my BUDDDs! :high5:

KeirasMom 01-07-2012 02:46 PM

Those sound great to take to work. I'm assuming they can be nuked. I hope I can find them at my local grocery store!

oneoftwo 01-07-2012 02:55 PM

They sound good, I will take a look. Thanks for sharing

Mommie22boys 01-07-2012 02:55 PM

Yes...nuke-able!

itsmeshelly01 01-07-2012 03:15 PM

Im gonna have to look for these. Thank you

Beeb 01-08-2012 09:49 AM

I have looked at these several times and will await your review!! :clap:

mainemom 01-08-2012 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommie22boys (Post 15306635)
Vegetable souffles by Garden Lites. Has anyone else seen these? They are 140 calories each (there's a sweet potato flavor that's 180, I think) with 10 grams of protein each. And, they're gluten-free, if that's something you look out for. The flavors are: spinach, zucchini, and roasted vegetable, and I found them in the frozen section of the grocery store. I picked up a spinach and a zucchini...can't wait to give them try. I figure they'll be good on a DD OR on an UD if I've gotten myself into trouble and don't have a lot of calories left for dinner. :hyst:

Just wanted to share with my BUDDDs! :high5:

Thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for new veggie side dishes, and DD finds in general.

KeirasMom 01-08-2012 02:47 PM

Just got back from the grocery store and I couldn't find these. :dunno:

I'll check Whole Foods next week.

SoHappy 01-08-2012 02:57 PM

Just checking in to see how these turned out.

KeirasMom 01-09-2012 12:43 PM

I finally went to their website and they look GREAT! It also gives a "locator" and says they can be found at my local Whole Foods, so I really need to make it there in the next few days. The butternut squash souffle looks amazing.

Mommie22boys 01-09-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15309311)
Just checking in to see how these turned out.

I haven't made them yet, Pat. I am so in :heart: with my bacon/cabbage/LC stir fry for DD dinners that I haven't had the urge to change it up just yet. Maybe when I'm out of bagged cabbage on the next DD or so, I'll have one for dinner instead. I AM looking forward to trying them out, though! :yummy:

sazzie 01-09-2012 05:28 PM

Just looked it up, and YEA! My Publix carries them!

That's where I'll be after my appointment tomorrow!!

Mommie22boys 01-17-2012 05:21 PM

Update: I've tried the spinach and the zucchini soufflés. I had the spinach one on an UD when I was already kinda full, but I was trying to get all my calories in. It was *ok*, but maybe it was just because I didn't really feel like eating at the time.:dunno: I had the zucchini one tonight as part of my DD dinner and it was super nommy! A definite DD keeper!:up:

Beeb 01-17-2012 06:45 PM

I just got the zucchini and portabella mushroom one and haven't tried it yet. Will be adding chicken or turkey to this to make a nice "cassorole" type dish on Thursday for my next DD. The whole thing is 110 calories so I'm thinking for 200 calories or so I can have a nice DD meal! :up:

Mommie22boys 01-17-2012 06:49 PM

Portabella mushroom sounds very tasty! I'll have to look for that one...I didn't notice that flavor before. I hope my store carries it! Also, I like your idea of adding some meat to it to make sort of a casserole. Hmmm...lots of possibilities there! Thanks, Linda!!

KeirasMom 01-17-2012 06:56 PM

I tried the roasted vegetables (I think) and it was okay. I have the butternut squash in the freezer and want to try that when DH is not at home for dinner (so I don't have to share!).

julietcc 01-17-2012 07:06 PM

I am going to try these! The website says they have them at Ralphs - but not the one on my way home from work :p I also get my carbmaster yogurts there.

dazygyrl 01-17-2012 07:09 PM

aw, man! i was just at whole foods this afternoon! i would have totally bought some of these!

next time... :)