Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn1225
Stats: 255/175/145
WOE: Was LC'ing, now JUDDD Newbie
Freaking out a little

ok so this is my second UD and I took a moment to look up how many calories I've had so far today. I was shocked by the number and realized that I was going to go over my 2000 by the end of the day.

Do UD calories have to be strictly enforced or can I go over by an hundred or so without freaking out? Or will my UD be ruined if I go over =\
Jenn1225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Hi Jenn,

I go over my UD calories by 100-300 calories all the time and it doesn't seem to matter. What matters is keeping those DD calories down!
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1225 View Post
ok so this is my second UD and I took a moment to look up how many calories I've had so far today. I was shocked by the number and realized that I was going to go over my 2000 by the end of the day.

Do UD calories have to be strictly enforced or can I go over by an hundred or so without freaking out? Or will my UD be ruined if I go over =
No, your UD won't be ruined of you go over by a hundred or so. Unless you always do, in which case you aren't doing your correct UD number after all... you're doing somebody else's. LOL

It sounds like you aren't really planning your menu for your day ahead of time, but are more or less winging it and crossing fingers, then tallying up the calories to see how you came out. That's usually going to result in a surprise.

Right at first, if you can make yourself adhere to a bit more planning ahead of time, it will pay you dividends. After you've been at it for awhile you undoubtedly won't have to plan out every little mouthful, so to speak.

One thing that may help you is to divide your day into food chunks. If you eat breakfast, allot so many calories for the breakfast. Then decide how many calories you will allot for your lunch, how many for your supper. Do you like an afternoon snack, teatime of sorts? Is an evening snack after supper a *must* pleasure that you enjoy every UD? Allot X-number of calories for these things. It just helps you keep your daily calories sort of corralled and in range as each day progresses.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:29 PM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
No, you'll be fine. Your UD isn't ruined.

Though I will say that when I was in weight-loss mode, I had to keep my UD calories around 1700-1800 to lose, and my DD was usually 600 or 700. I found through trial and error that if I went above those calories on UD, like up to 1900-2000 calories, I maintained, and if I went over that, I saw gains.

So, you will get to know your limits and what numbers are truly right for you as you go along.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
You should be fine, as long as, like Pat says, it doesn't become a regular thing. I didn't plan my DD or UD menus out before hand because I'm always changing my mind about what I want to eat, BUT I did account for everything I put in my mouth BEFORE I put it there. I would decide what I wanted for breakfast, put it in my journal, tweak a bit if I thought it was too many or too few calories for that day (UD/DD) and would continue to do the same throughout the day. I have the time to do this so it's easy for me, but if you don't have the time planning for the whole day first thing is a good idea. I never did a "no counting UD" until recently and I had been in maintenance for about 2 months.

Also, someone suggested a while back (forgive me, I just can't remember who right now ) that we divide our meals by calories. Example is what I do now: DD menu...100 calories for breakfast, 200 calories for lunch, 350 calories for dinner and 100 for snacks throughout the day. That totals my 750 DD calories. I borrow from meals sometimes if I'm going to eat out or or I give more calories to the next meal if I'm just aren't hunger enough to eat a meal. This seems to work out very well for me now and I can almost figure out my DD calories because of the usual things I eat for breakfast, lunch and snack. Dinner I leave open most days because I never know when I will be home, with clients, or out to eat.

HTH

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 01-07-2012 at 02:02 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn1225
Stats: 255/175/145
WOE: Was LC'ing, now JUDDD Newbie
Thank you guys. I do (so far) plan out my DD menus and have managed to stay at 500 or lower with tomorrow [I]quite[I] low. I just never thought I was eating so many calories other days =\. There are a lot of habits I have to build lol. Today got pretty wasted but I'll make up for it.

By the way, will cutting my DD calories help make up for this?
Jenn1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Mommie22boys
Stats: 211/199/135 5'5.5"
WOE: Paleo/ JUDDD
Start Date: Originally 6/7/07, Now 4/1/13
Going as low as you can after an *oopsie* UD can't hurt. It will help bring your two-day average down a little. HTH!
Mommie22boys is offline   Reply With Quote