Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,568
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Coming to the dark side!

Starting Monday! I am gaining, despite being LC. I think my body has just had enough.. Ive been LC for almost 2 years and Im burnt out, tired, my memory stinks lately. Ive been on and off since Sept. and have been strict induction for 2 weeks now and feel so draggy and tired.. Now with all my whining done lol I did go to teh JUDDD website and Im confused about the percentages for weight loss mode that he gives, he has them starting at 25% and going up.. what does this mean? Its hard to switch my brain from LC to calories HELP!
__________________
Kristy
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 14,472
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillverOrchid View Post
Starting Monday! I am gaining, despite being LC. I think my body has just had enough.. Ive been LC for almost 2 years and Im burnt out, tired, my memory stinks lately. Ive been on and off since Sept. and have been strict induction for 2 weeks now and feel so draggy and tired.. Now with all my whining done lol I did go to teh JUDDD website and Im confused about the percentages for weight loss mode that he gives, he has them starting at 25% and going up.. what does this mean? Its hard to switch my brain from LC to calories HELP!
When you enter your statistics in the calculator (making sure to use inches and pounds as the default is centimeters and kilos) it will give you your "normal" or Up Day calories as well as your Down Day calories. You can choose if you want your DD calories to be 20%, 25%, etc., of your normal calories. It's recommended to begin at 20% for the first 2 weeks to activate the "magic" gene.

HTH! and
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member
 
Wine2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 915
Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
I like the fact that every other day on my UDs I can eat what my DH, DD, and DS eat! I feel like I'm eating so normal now!

Last edited by Wine2; 01-06-2012 at 11:03 AM..
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,912
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillverOrchid View Post
Starting Monday! I am gaining, despite being LC. I think my body has just had enough.. Ive been LC for almost 2 years and Im burnt out, tired, my memory stinks lately. Ive been on and off since Sept. and have been strict induction for 2 weeks now and feel so draggy and tired.. Now with all my whining done lol I did go to teh JUDDD website and Im confused about the percentages for weight loss mode that he gives, he has them starting at 25% and going up.. what does this mean? Its hard to switch my brain from LC to calories HELP!
LOLing at *the Dark Side* comment. We get that pretty often. And most of us here came from doing low carb and were unhappy with it and the results and just wanted to experience some decent weight loss and be able to EAT some things, for heaven's sake!
So I think you'll like it here! And find success! And get HAPPY and energized again!

When you use the Calorie Calculator in the JUDDD website, you also get to choose at what level you'd like to hold your fasting Down Day calorie consumption to. Obviously, the lower in calories you fast at on your DDs, the bit faster you should lose weight, but many of us don't care about that quite enough to do very low calorie fasts.

So, you can hold your Down Days to 20% of your UD calorie total, or you can increase that number to 25% of your UD calorie number, or even 30% or higher. Etc. Most of us just do our Down Days at about 500 calories. And sometimes lower.

But, that's sometimes hard for the new folks to do until they get used to it, so some of us have had to start our DDs at slightly higher calorie limits, say.. 600 or even 700 calories at the beginning, and then we bring it down to 500 calories or less as soon as possible for us. It still works.

Lots of folks here to help you with questions, so ask away whenever there is anything you don't understand. And WELCOME!
__________________
Best wishes, Pat
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,568
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
When you enter your statistics in the calculator (making sure to use inches and pounds as the default is centimeters and kilos) it will give you your "normal" or Up Day calories as well as your Down Day calories. You can choose if you want your DD calories to be 20%, 25%, etc., of your normal calories. It's recommended to begin at 20% for the first 2 weeks to activate the "magic" gene.

HTH! and
Thanks! It was a little confusing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine2 View Post
I like the fact that every other day on my UDs I can eat what my DH, DD, and DS eat! I feel like I'm eating so normal now!
I think thats what I am missing.. I don't feel normal and Im always saying oh, I can't have that... *sighs*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
LOLing at *the Dark Side* comment. We get that pretty often. And most of us here came from doing low carb and were unhappy with it and the results and just wanted to experience some decent weight loss and be able to EAT some things, for heaven's sake!
So I think you'll like it here! And find success! And get HAPPY and energized again!

When you use the Calorie Calculator in the JUDDD website, you also get to choose at what level you'd like to hold your fasting Down Day calorie consumption to. Obviously, the lower in calories you fast at on your DDs, the bit faster you should lose weight, but many of us don't care about that quite enough to do very low calorie fasts.

So, you can hold your Down Days to 20% of your UD calorie total, or you can increase that number to 25% of your UD calorie number, or even 30% or higher. Etc. Most of us just do our Down Days at about 500 calories. And sometimes lower.

But, that's sometimes hard for the new folks to do until they get used to it, so some of us have had to start our DDs at slightly higher calorie limits, say.. 600 or even 700 calories at the beginning, and then we bring it down to 500 calories or less as soon as possible for us. It still works.

Lots of folks here to help you with questions, so ask away whenever there is anything you don't understand. And WELCOME!
Thanks so much and I have been struggling so much I think Im just worn out. I will start at the recommended 500 and possibly add another 50 to a hundred depending on how I feel. Do you count calories on your UD or do you do what he says and eat without going overboard? I think counting is a pain in the butt but I need to know what my UD calorie limits look like so will count. And another question, how do you plan your UDs and DDs so that your UD falls on a weekend?
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tyrone Georgia U.S.A.
Posts: 1,223
Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
The plan realy works best with a compleat fast every other day but almost no one can
or will do that. So you get to eat some on the DD that is where the 20 or 25% comes from and it's inportant to go this low on your DDs for the first 2 weeks. So the Sirt1 gene
is turned on. But some people still find 25% DDs verry hard to do so you can relax a little
and go with a little higher calories on DDs this is where the 30%,35%, 40% ect. come in.
You sholul still lose weight just not as fast as if you still did a 25% DD.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
Wine2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 915
Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
Yup, I disliked having "special" food and seemed out of it when in a group.
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!
 
Knittering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,709
Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Quote:
Do you count calories on your UD or do you do what he says and eat without going overboard? I think counting is a pain in the butt but I need to know what my UD calorie limits look like so will count. And another question, how do you plan your UDs and DDs so that your UD falls on a weekend?
I count my calories on UDs too, but I don't plan to once I reach maintenance. We'll see how it goes. Counting really is a pain in the butt, especially when dinner is a casserole I made for my family and I'm trying to figure out how many calories are in my portion, ugh.

I just do UD-DD-UD and so on and either Saturday or Sunday will fall on an UD every single week.

Quote:
Yup, I disliked having "special" food and seemed out of it when in a group.
Me too. Especially when everyone else got to have mashed potatoes (one of my favorite foods) and I got stuck with a bowl of smashed cauliflower.
__________________
Michelle
March - 12 hours | April - 7 hours
Callanetics goal for May: 10 hours
So far: 0/10
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #9
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,912
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillverOrchid View Post
Do you count calories on your UD or do you do what he says and eat without going overboard? I think counting is a pain in the butt but I need to know what my UD calorie limits look like so will count. And another question, how do you plan your UDs and DDs so that your UD falls on a weekend?
Well, whether you count your UD calories or not depends on you, of course, as we all get to guide our way through our lives, but.. the problem with not counting calories, at least at the beginning is.. if we really knew how many calories we were eating all along our lives, why would we have even got Fat to begin with? I think most of us have only a poor idea of how many calories are truly in much of what we eat, and also.. I think most of us are pretty poor at guesstimating how much a portion is, and how much of a portion we have served up for ourselves. So my other advice is to weigh and measure your food for awhile at least.

If a plan is based on calorie limits, it's unlikely to work for us very well if we don't adhere to our own calorie limits very well, and that's the danger of not doing the measuring and the counting. Unhappily, that's just the way it is.

But, it isn't very long before you have pretty much learned how many calories there are in much of the foods you eat, so at that point you no longer have to keep looking everything up, and you can even get very accurate and truthful about serving sizes, so not have to measure out every little thing, all. the. time.

But your weight loss progress will depend on how well you adhere to the diet plan, just as it does for all diet plans, so best to start off well. Most of us just do it as second nature now, and enjoy the delight and freedom of being able to eat anything we want to these days. While getting slim.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:36 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member
 
Wine2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 915
Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knittering View Post
Me too. Especially when everyone else got to have mashed potatoes (one of my favorite foods) and I got stuck with a bowl of smashed cauliflower.
LOL...even worse is when there is nothing to replace the mashed potatoes and I'm sitting there with just turkey on my plate, smiling and "enjoying" my dinner on strict lowcarb! HA! I love JUDDD for normalizing my WOE!
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,062
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillverOrchid View Post
Thanks so much and I have been struggling so much I think Im just worn out. I will start at the recommended 500 and possibly add another 50 to a hundred depending on how I feel. Do you count calories on your UD or do you do what he says and eat without going overboard? I think counting is a pain in the butt but I need to know what my UD calorie limits look like so will count. And another question, how do you plan your UDs and DDs so that your UD falls on a weekend?
my DEAREST LCF and NOW JUDDD BUDDD! I would like to give you my experience and maybe it will help, but please remember this is ONLY MY experience and not what I think anyone else should or shouldn't do. I started my JUDDD journey using a calorie average between 40% and 45% from the JUDDD calculator. That gave me 700 calories for my DDs and 1645 for my UDs which was just perfect for me and it was proven to be perfect in the facts that I lost as if I was butter melting on a hot skillet and I wasn't afraid of my DDs because I had a little "wiggle" room with the extra 200 calories. I also only had 6 pounds to lose to my first goal so I figured I could "tweak" a tad. Some will say this is NOT what is suppose to be done, but I always say we need to do what works for us, that NOTHING is written in stone, only "suggested", and I may not have "followed the rules to the letter" but this is the way it worked so wonderfully for me. I always counted, until recently, on both days but now that I'm in maintenance and have been there for a few months I now do FDs, being I don't count my UDs anymore UNLESS I think I'm going overboard and the scale is telling me to reign myself in some. And I have always done an UD/DD rotation UNLESS I need to switch things around, as was the case to make Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Years Eve UDs to enjoy with my family and friends. There are several threads here that explain how to do this and it's really quite easy once you understand the concept of adding a MD (middle day) when needed. BUT, I will also suggest, as I always do, that you give JUDDD a fighting chance (at LEAST 2 weeks, more is better though) and if the scale jumps up a bit at first, that is a normal thing, especially coming off of LC. It's water and will go away and then you will experience the wonders of JUDDD magic and weight loss.

I am looking forward to seeing your success and "knowing" you are going to JUDDD as much as we do!! PLUS, a better group of supportive, encouraging and inspirational folks you will never find on any other forum (at least I think so )!!
__________________

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 01-06-2012 at 12:35 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:34 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member
 
Wine2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 915
Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
I also didn't follow my "suggested" numbers from the calculator either, but I still lost 5# in 5 days! I weigh myself tomorrow, so I'll see how much I've lost this week. I only weigh every 5 days and this is my 12th day. My numbers were really too low for me to be successful in my estimation so I used the ones in my siggy and they've worked well so far!

Last edited by Wine2; 01-06-2012 at 12:53 PM..
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:41 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!
 
mayleesa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,343
Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
WELCOME!!!! i sooo remember you from the lc side....you will have sooo much fun here!! everyone is incredibly supportive and motivating!!! welcome back to regular food....you and i were the same in stats for awhile and then you kept losing while i stalled out and fought tooth and nail for lc then vlc to work....i was so deflated and defeated and then i saw BEEB and thought why the heck not....i've been here since 11/25 and while i've been sick and such I still feel WAY better on this woe then i ever did on lc....EVER....the DD's arent terrible at all and i actually like them now!!! good luck we are here for ya
__________________
I WANT THIS!

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175 --> 178.2
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,568
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
my DEAREST LCF and NOW JUDDD BUDDD! I would like to give you my experience and maybe it will help, but please remember this is ONLY MY experience and not what I think anyone else should or shouldn't do. I started my JUDDD journey using a calorie average between 40% and 45% from the JUDDD calculator. That gave me 700 calories for my DDs and 1645 for my UDs which was just perfect for me and it was proven to be perfect in the facts that I lost as if I was butter melting on a hot skillet and I wasn't afraid of my DDs because I had a little "wiggle" room with the extra 200 calories. I also only had 6 pounds to lose to my first goal so I figured I could "tweak" a tad. Some will say this is NOT what is suppose to be done, but I always say we need to do what works for us, that NOTHING is written in stone, only "suggested", and I may not have "followed the rules to the letter" but this is the way it worked so wonderfully for me. I always counted, until recently, on both days but now that I'm in maintenance and have been there for a few months I now do FDs, being I don't count my UDs anymore UNLESS I think I'm going overboard and the scale is telling me to reign myself in some. And I have always done an UD/DD rotation UNLESS I need to switch things around, as was the case to make Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and New Years Eve UDs to enjoy with my family and friends. There are several threads here that explain how to do this and it's really quite easy once you understand the concept of adding a MD (middle day) when needed. BUT, I will also suggest, as I always do, that you give JUDDD a fighting chance (at LEAST 2 weeks, more is better though) and if the scale jumps up a bit at first, that is a normal thing, especially coming off of LC. It's water and will go away and then you will experience the wonders of JUDDD magic and weight loss.

I am looking forward to seeing your success and "knowing" you are going to JUDDD as much as we do!! PLUS, a better group of supportive, encouraging and inspirational folks you will never find on any other forum (at least I think so )!!
Thanks Linda, I have been toying with this for so long and finally decided to just do it! I will give it plenty of time.. Im not one to quit easy as you can see from me hanging on to LC for so long! I hope I dont make you all crazy before I figure it all out lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine2 View Post
I also didn't follow my "suggested" numbers from the calculator either, but I still lost 5# in 5 days! I weigh myself tomorrow, so I'll see how much I've lost this week. I only weigh every 5 days and this is my 12th day. My numbers were really too low for me to be successful in my estimation so I used the ones in my siggy and they've worked well so far!
I am really excited to see how I do and may adjust as I go depending on how I feel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
WELCOME!!!! i sooo remember you from the lc side....you will have sooo much fun here!! everyone is incredibly supportive and motivating!!! welcome back to regular food....you and i were the same in stats for awhile and then you kept losing while i stalled out and fought tooth and nail for lc then vlc to work....i was so deflated and defeated and then i saw BEEB and thought why the heck not....i've been here since 11/25 and while i've been sick and such I still feel WAY better on this woe then i ever did on lc....EVER....the DD's arent terrible at all and i actually like them now!!! good luck we are here for ya
Thanks! I remember you too I did reach my goal but went off and back on in September of last year and the through the holidays was more off than on.. gained so much back. I am going to * gulp* adjust my stats to reflect current weight on Monday all my size 10s and 12's are way too tight.. Im really excited to start this! Might start Sunday..
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:15 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
2BoysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: A big ol' farmhouse in Landenberg, PA
Posts: 3,442
Gallery: 2BoysMom
Stats: Too pissed to talk about it
WOE: Keeping it simple- Hi Fat, Mod Protein and Lo Carb
Start Date: 1.26.2004 - 1st time. This time 1.1.2014
howdy, howdy!

I came over very recently, too - am only on day 2, so while I can't give much advice yet, I did want to welcome you to the party!

I will say, that if you have a smart phone, I use an app to count calories called "My Fitness Pal". The coolest thing about it, is that it can scan barcodes on any food, which makes entering data super easy.

It also has a TON of info already in there. I rarely enter anything - even fast food item names that it doesn't already have the data on. So I just have to select the item and the amount and hit enter.

I change my calories in my settings each day, and it shows me what I have eaten and what I have left, so I always know where I stand. Also - at the end of the day, you can see where you stand with your nutrients, so you get a feel for if you are where you want to be on things that may be important for you.

It is probably my favorite app - I have used it for a while on and off before starting JUDDD, so I am used to just inputting things, but it really only takes me a few minutes, and I don't have to do any of the calculations myself.

Recipes take a bit more work, but I just walk around the kitchen scanning the barcodes of the items I put into something, then put in the number of servings, and it spits the data out. Once it is in there, it stays, too. So if there are common items you make, you only have to enter the data once.

__________________
Marianne

If you want something badly enough, you'll find a way. If you don't you'll find an excuse.

Team in Trainining alumni - San Diego marathon 2005. Half marathon in San Francisco 2007! Working hard to wipe out blood cancers.
2BoysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:59 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member
 
mrsdewinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 41
Gallery: mrsdewinter
Stats: 149.9/146.6/116 - 5'4
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 26/12/2011
We caught another one.

We've got pie. and chocolate. and wine. and bread. and a cottage made of gingerbread and...[insert your heart's desire here]

You won't regret it, I'm sure!

Good juddding!!!
mrsdewinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #17
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,912
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdewinter View Post
We caught another one.

We've got pie. and chocolate. and wine. and bread. and a cottage made of gingerbread and...[insert your heart's desire here]

You won't regret it, I'm sure!

Good juddding!!!
Love it!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:51 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!
 
itsmeshelly01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,619
Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
Welcome! You sound just like me. Ben low carbing for years and started gaining and just nothing was working. I was trying all kinds of things and just getting more and more frustrated. Im so glad I came back to juddd and actually have it a chance. Im bad about switching things all the time. Don't get discouraged if you see a gain at first, out well come off. We have been low carbing for so long that it is gonna take little bit of adjustments for our body and you might take things slow at first. Add in cases slowly but some have just gone all the way from the beginning and have done really well. Im loving that im eating popcorn, oatmeal, cookies once in a while, chocolate, wine. I still haven't braved bad, pancakes, tortillas or pasta yet but im hoping to be able to add those things once in a while to eventually. Im just sell scared! Good luck, you will love it. I actually love love my DDs just as much as my UDs. Oh and I do a set schedule unlike doing every other day. I do Mon, Wed, Fri DDs, Sat MD and Tue, thur, sun as UDs. This fits better with my schedule.
__________________
New grandbaby! Life is good!<img src=images/smilies/hugs_2011.gif border=0 alt= title=Hugs class=inlineimg />
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,568
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BoysMom View Post
howdy, howdy!

I came over very recently, too - am only on day 2, so while I can't give much advice yet, I did want to welcome you to the party!

I will say, that if you have a smart phone, I use an app to count calories called "My Fitness Pal". The coolest thing about it, is that it can scan barcodes on any food, which makes entering data super easy.

It also has a TON of info already in there. I rarely enter anything - even fast food item names that it doesn't already have the data on. So I just have to select the item and the amount and hit enter.

I change my calories in my settings each day, and it shows me what I have eaten and what I have left, so I always know where I stand. Also - at the end of the day, you can see where you stand with your nutrients, so you get a feel for if you are where you want to be on things that may be important for you.

It is probably my favorite app - I have used it for a while on and off before starting JUDDD, so I am used to just inputting things, but it really only takes me a few minutes, and I don't have to do any of the calculations myself.

Recipes take a bit more work, but I just walk around the kitchen scanning the barcodes of the items I put into something, then put in the number of servings, and it spits the data out. Once it is in there, it stays, too. So if there are common items you make, you only have to enter the data once.

Thanks for the welcome! I wish I had a smart phone but I am a creature of habit and love my Sanyo Incognito

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdewinter View Post
We caught another one.

We've got pie. and chocolate. and wine. and bread. and a cottage made of gingerbread and...[insert your heart's desire here]

You won't regret it, I'm sure!

Good juddding!!!
and * whispers* I hear you have cookies on the dark side?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
Welcome! You sound just like me. Ben low carbing for years and started gaining and just nothing was working. I was trying all kinds of things and just getting more and more frustrated. Im so glad I came back to juddd and actually have it a chance. Im bad about switching things all the time. Don't get discouraged if you see a gain at first, out well come off. We have been low carbing for so long that it is gonna take little bit of adjustments for our body and you might take things slow at first. Add in cases slowly but some have just gone all the way from the beginning and have done really well. Im loving that im eating popcorn, oatmeal, cookies once in a while, chocolate, wine. I still haven't braved bad, pancakes, tortillas or pasta yet but im hoping to be able to add those things once in a while to eventually. Im just sell scared! Good luck, you will love it. I actually love love my DDs just as much as my UDs. Oh and I do a set schedule unlike doing every other day. I do Mon, Wed, Fri DDs, Sat MD and Tue, thur, sun as UDs. This fits better with my schedule.
Thanks I think I will probably freak for a little while until I get used to doing JUDDD Gonna look at my calendar and see what day to start on
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:27 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!
 
theredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,592
Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Kristy, welcome to the group! I'm elated to find that after struggling to stay down near my goal weight, I've finally found something that actually works. I'm enjoying my UDs and REALLY enjoyed the holidays. I'm sitting on my goal today. The water weight gains can freak you out if you mess up or overdo it, but it comes right back off. I wish you phenomenal success!
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:47 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,568
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
Kristy, welcome to the group! I'm elated to find that after struggling to stay down near my goal weight, I've finally found something that actually works. I'm enjoying my UDs and REALLY enjoyed the holidays. I'm sitting on my goal today. The water weight gains can freak you out if you mess up or overdo it, but it comes right back off. I wish you phenomenal success!
Thanks! Im really looking forward to starting..
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:13 PM   #22
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SillverOrchid View Post


and * whispers* I hear you have cookies on the dark side?
Welcome, SilverOrchid! *holds a cookie up for you* We have EVERYTHING on the dark side.... mwahaha!



Really, you will catch on fast with the calorie counting. I was worried about that too at first, but it's amazing how fast our minds can adapt. And if you have any questions at any time, post away!

sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:23 PM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,568
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
Welcome, SilverOrchid! *holds a cookie up for you* We have EVERYTHING on the dark side.... mwahaha!



Really, you will catch on fast with the calorie counting. I was worried about that too at first, but it's amazing how fast our minds can adapt. And if you have any questions at any time, post away!

Thanks! You guys are awesome!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:24 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!
 
Joedi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: England
Posts: 1,481
Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
just wanted to say welcome...its great to see you!

hugs
Jo
x
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:47 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,849
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Jump in the pool! The water is fine!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #26
Blabbermouth!!!
 
SillverOrchid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Pennsburg, PA
Posts: 6,568
Gallery: SillverOrchid
Stats: Highest weight 214\209.5/180/155
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: May 13 Restart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
just wanted to say welcome...its great to see you!

hugs
Jo
x
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Jump in the pool! The water is fine!
Thanks!
SillverOrchid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:54 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.