Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I've got 3 months to get rid off 30lbs. Possible? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/752633-ive-got-3-months-get-rid-off-30lbs-possible.html)

mrsdewinter 01-06-2012 10:40 AM

I've got 3 months to get rid off 30lbs. Possible?

As the title says...really just got 3 months and then I'm off travelling for a whole yr or more. And I want to feel good!!!

Do you think I'll manage with JUDDD + excercise or that I should go on sth a bit more aggressive like atkins :help:

KeirasMom 01-06-2012 10:43 AM

I'm actually losing a little better with JUDDD than I did on Atkins and am averaging 1.8 lbs per week. I just started exercising.

I think 30 lbs in 3 months is absolutely doable on JUDDD if you stick to the right calories and add in a little exercise.

Best of luck!

Knittering 01-06-2012 10:44 AM

For a woman your size, I suspect 30 pounds in three months is probably unrealistic. I think a better approach is to pick a plan you think you can live with for the rest of your life and commit to doing it 100 percent for the next three months. Good luck. :)

KeirasMom 01-06-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 15303265)
For a woman your size, I suspect 30 pounds in three months is probably unrealistic. I think a better approach is to pick a plan you think you can live with for the rest of your life and commit to doing it 100 percent for the next three months. Good luck. :)

Good point. I didn't look at her stats!

SoHappy 01-06-2012 10:54 AM

Everyone is so different, so I think this is a question that can't be answered with any positive assertion. I couldn't lose weight worth a darn on low carb, and if you spend much time on the Main Lobby, it soon becomes apparent that I wasn't the only one. But some have very good luck with low carb, and there are folks here doing JUDDD who are holding it to low carb levels and doing well.

Months ago there was a lovely woman here doing JUDDD who lost 10 pounds each month and more for several months in a row! I can't remember her height or starting weight right now, but I do remember her DDs were 500, her UDs were 1500, and she did do MDs, which she held to 1000. The fat melted off of her.

But, don't remotely know whether 1500 UD calories is high enough for you, and one thing you sure don't want to do in the pursuit of immediate weight loss is to bring on a sluggish metabolism by holding yourself so low in cals all the time that your weight loss gets slower and slower and slower. (Take it from me... that can sure happen! You can almost ruin yourself!)

But if you have your UD calories set pretty correctly and you adhere to that UD number and your DD 500 calories or fewer, I can see you being very, very delighted with the new you three months from now!

mattsmama 01-06-2012 01:01 PM

Do you want to be a certain weight, or a certain size? Because today I am a solid size 6, no bigger, and I haven't been losing "weight" (according to my scale) for about a week or so. (TOM)

I have, however, been dropping INCHES like mad. I mean, I just got size 8 jeans, and I have to use a belt to keep them in place.:o

I say this because I believe I was/am fixated on a certain number, when in reality, I have REALLY gotten smaller since starting JUDDD.

Just food for thought. So to speak.

mrsdewinter 01-06-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsmama (Post 15303668)
Do you want to be a certain weight, or a certain size? Because today I am a solid size 6, no bigger, and I haven't been losing "weight" (according to my scale) for about a week or so. (TOM)

I have, however, been dropping INCHES like mad. I mean, I just got size 8 jeans, and I have to use a belt to keep them in place.:o

I say this because I believe I was/am fixated on a certain number, when in reality, I have REALLY gotten smaller since starting JUDDD.

Just food for thought. So to speak.

Hi mattsmama,

yeah, I think the numbers on the scales are def more important to me - I just hate being in the 60kg and up department...even though inches are so much more important! it's sth psych I guess..

I'm really curious to know how you're losing inches without the numbers changing at least a tad- are you doing any weight training?