Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: DeeLen
Stats: (286.6 before WLS)
WOE: WLS 4/25/06
Well that was an eye-opener.

Today is my first UD. I was entering my food in ******. We have these personal pizzas here at work that I eat quite often. That thing is 1242 calories!!! I had no idea.

Well, my calories are about spent for the day--especially since I had onion rings with the pizza.

Last edited by DeeLen; 01-06-2012 at 09:58 AM.. Reason: spelling
DeeLen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeLen View Post
Today is my first UD. I was entering my food in ******. We have these personal pizzas here at work that I eat quite often. That thing is 1242 calories!!! I had no idea.

Well, my calories are about spent for the day--especially since I had onion rings with the pizza.
I know what you mean!! When I did LC I didn't look at calories, just ate all the LC stuff I wanted but that stopped working for me and I think it's BECAUSE I ate so much to feel full while doing LC that I was eating WAY too many calories anyway! Now that I always feel full doing JUDDD I eat far less and am in a good habit now of picking better foods for my calorie "dollar". It's a lesson I learned the hard way, let me tell you!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
LOL, DeeLen! Somehow I see myself in that scenario.

When I was a young woman, I never gave a thought to calories or carbs or fat or anything. I just ate. Anything and everything. And was lucky enough to have a marvelous metabolism, and I remained quite, quite slim.

After middle years and weight gain, and obesity!, and when I ate low carb, I didn't lose weight, and I think it was because I still didn't count calories, and I didn't get appetite suppression from low carb, so I overate because I was still so hungry, and since the low carb stuff was calorie dense, I really overate calories by a great deal. I still eat all those low carb foods and love it all, but somehow combined with all the other foods I now eat, and on the JUDDD eating plan, I find appetite is in amazing control and weight loss/maintenance happened for me.

It really does go to show me that, for myself, I have to stay aware of my calorie intake, even if I don't have to count as carefully or as completely every single day these days.

But that must have been one heck of a delicious pizza! And paired with onion rings too! Imagine that. LOLOLOLOL
Old 01-06-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Restart: October 1, 2013
I know! It is amazing how fast the calories add up!
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/150/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I, too, think that my delicious, calorie-laden low carb diet was working against me. My health is excellent, but I gain weight easily. JUDDD has made me really a lot more picky about how I spend my calories, and I try not to eat something I don't really, really want. It makes a huge difference.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:01 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeLen View Post

What a great combo too!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:49 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 16/10/8 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD 1850/600
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I know what you mean!! When I did LC I didn't look at calories, just ate all the LC stuff I wanted but that stopped working for me and I think it's BECAUSE I ate so much to feel full while doing LC that I was eating WAY too many calories anyway!
This was me. When I started counting calories again on JUDDD, I was kind of in shock at how many I must have been eating on LC. I love LC, but I needed something different this time around - and I believe I've found it here
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote