Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Well that was an eye-opener. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/752625-well-eye-opener.html)

DeeLen 01-06-2012 09:56 AM

Well that was an eye-opener.

Today is my first UD. I was entering my food in ******. We have these personal pizzas here at work that I eat quite often. That thing is 1242 calories!!! :eek: I had no idea.

Well, my calories are about spent for the day--especially since I had onion rings with the pizza. :stars:

Beeb 01-06-2012 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeLen (Post 15303115)
Today is my first UD. I was entering my food in ******. We have these personal pizzas here at work that I eat quite often. That thing is 1242 calories!!! :eek: I had no idea.

Well, my calories are about spent for the day--especially since I had onion rings with the pizza. :stars:

I know what you mean!! :eek: When I did LC I didn't look at calories, just ate all the LC stuff I wanted but that stopped working for me and I think it's BECAUSE I ate so much to feel full while doing LC that I was eating WAY too many calories anyway! :doh: Now that I always feel full doing JUDDD I eat far less and am in a good habit now of picking better foods for my calorie "dollar". It's a lesson I learned the hard way, let me tell you! :sad:

SoHappy 01-06-2012 10:19 AM

LOL, DeeLen! Somehow I see myself in that scenario.

When I was a young woman, I never gave a thought to calories or carbs or fat or anything. I just ate. Anything and everything. And was lucky enough to have a marvelous metabolism, and I remained quite, quite slim.

After middle years and weight gain, and obesity!, and when I ate low carb, I didn't lose weight, and I think it was because I still didn't count calories, and I didn't get appetite suppression from low carb, so I overate because I was still so hungry, and since the low carb stuff was calorie dense, I really overate calories by a great deal. I still eat all those low carb foods and love it all, but somehow combined with all the other foods I now eat, and on the JUDDD eating plan, I find appetite is in amazing control and weight loss/maintenance happened for me.

It really does go to show me that, for myself, I have to stay aware of my calorie intake, even if I don't have to count as carefully or as completely every single day these days.

But that must have been one heck of a delicious pizza! And paired with onion rings too! Imagine that. LOLOLOLOL

Low Carb Librarian 01-06-2012 02:29 PM

I know! It is amazing how fast the calories add up!

theredhead 01-06-2012 06:38 PM

I, too, think that my delicious, calorie-laden low carb diet was working against me. My health is excellent, but I gain weight easily. JUDDD has made me really a lot more picky about how I spend my calories, and I try not to eat something I don't really, really want. It makes a huge difference.

kel7298 01-06-2012 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeeLen (Post 15303115)

What a great combo too!

Alcestis 01-07-2012 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15303163)
I know what you mean!! :eek: When I did LC I didn't look at calories, just ate all the LC stuff I wanted but that stopped working for me and I think it's BECAUSE I ate so much to feel full while doing LC that I was eating WAY too many calories anyway!

This was me. When I started counting calories again on JUDDD, I was kind of in shock at how many I must have been eating on LC. I love LC, but I needed something different this time around - and I believe I've found it here :)