Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Day 1--The day after (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/752616-day-1-day-after.html)

DeeLen 01-06-2012 08:24 AM

Day 1--The day after

Hi all.

I started yesterday. I started with a DD because all of the days before that were UP. :laugh:

I don't really feel like eating today. I know that I have to and I will but ugh!

This is going to be TMI but my bowels are not happy with my new WOE. I drank a lot yesterday therefore made SEVERAL trips to the bathroom. Each time I sat down to get rid of the water, I also went #2 (sorry, :blush: ). I don't know what was up with that.

Anyway, I survived and I think today may be more challenging than yesterday. Up and onward!

Wine2 01-06-2012 08:38 AM

Welcome DeeLen! I had the same thing happen at first, but it went away the first week and I am "regular" now! :) This is my second week and all "clear"!

cherryhair 01-06-2012 08:42 AM

Good Job

:laugh:Congrats Dee on making it through Day 1. I hear it only gets easier

SoHappy 01-06-2012 09:11 AM

Hi! Hope you will very shortly be as wildly excited about JUDDD and what it is doing for you as the rest of us are, Dee Len and Cherryhair!

One of the reasons to eat pretty well on our UDs is that we are then fueled to get through another DD successfully. Sort of like the hcg folks who do a couple of *load* days before they start in on their low calorie weight loss cycle. If your body isn't already a little bit hungry at the start of a new DD, it just makes it a bit easier to get through the whole day with little hunger.

Another thing is that there is a rhythmic up/down *pounding* action between the low DD calories and the high UD calories that seems to work a little bit like a piston, pounding down and then up against that UD calorie ceiling over and over and over, which for many of us has seemed to pound our metabolisms up to a faster burn rate, increasing the number of calories we can actually now eat without weight gain.

I expect you will very quickly get into the alternating cycle comfortably, and enjoy some good weight loss at the same time you are eating very, very well.. and of some foods that you may have really been missing in your life. So enjoy!

sophiethecat 01-06-2012 11:17 AM

:welcome: DeeLen! :)

Beeb 01-06-2012 01:18 PM

:welcome: and so nice to have you join our JUDDD family!! :high5:

I "go" a lot on my DDs and it has always been this way but on my UDs I am as regular as the setting sun. I just think it's how some of us react to losing weight or getting rid of fat.

Just a theory I have, nothing more! ;)

KeirasMom 01-06-2012 03:32 PM

TMI Alert!

Sadly, there's nothing "regular" going on in my life! :rofl:

It's either every 1/2 hour (slight exaggeration) or not for several days (no exaggeration). :dunno:

I'm pretty sure the former is due to oat fiber or kelp noodles, and the latter is simply my constitution as I've been like that for EVER. :confused:

SoHappy 01-06-2012 04:07 PM

If you add glucomannan to your diet, whether in the form of the shirataki noodles or the powder thickener, it slows down the passage of food through your body. That means you feel full a whole lot longer, and that helps keep the *hungries* away and makes DDs easier to adhere to, but it slows down the passage of food all the way through! :laugh:

dasiey 01-06-2012 04:13 PM

welcome to Juddd

ouizoid 01-06-2012 05:23 PM

solucky! glucomannan has the exact opposite effect on me--runs thru me like you know what thru a goose. I WISH it stopped me up!