Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrsdewinter
Stats: 149.9/146.6/116 - 5'4
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 26/12/2011
More protein or less carbs or just lower cal!?oh the dilemma..:dunno:

Carbs are and have always been my one great love unfortunately as I am not blessed with 'I'll eat whatever/as much as I want and the fat goes straight to my boobs and my boobs only while all I do is sit on my bottom the whole day'-genes I've cut I try to monitor the carb intake as much as possible.

Cutting them out though has never been an option for me though (I've tried it and it never worked, didn't even manage the SB two week induction phase!!!). That's one of the reasons I started doing JUDDD!

I try eating nutritionally balanced meals, especially on UDs and as I was putting my breakfast options together I came across a dilemma - I had one meal option with 100 cals less all together but lower in protein and higher in carbs against one with higher cals, less carb and more protein content. To make things easier:

2 Whole grain pancakes =
180 cals
4.1g fat
31.4g carb
4.3g prot

1/2 cup oatmeal with 1 cup low fat milk =
267 cals
10.3g fat
29.1g carb
12.8g prot

I'm thinking of also eating 2 whole fried eggs (175cals) to up the protein either way which would result in
1. 442cals for oatmeal + 2 eggs
and
2. 325cals for pancakes + 2 eggs

And oh forgot about the FAT content which is much higher for oatmeal!

I know that loads of ppl are doing low carb but from a nutritional perspective which one of these meals would be better and healthier for weight loss?!

Last edited by mrsdewinter; 01-05-2012 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: my impatient fingers
mrsdewinter is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
LOL Are you going to put a chunk of melting butter on your hot pancakes and pour maple syrup over them? I don't have pancakes very often, but when I do, I have to have butter and syrup! And when I have oatmeal, which is pretty often, I also like brown sugar and some butter in it. But only a little milk. I do like the idea of eggs, for the protein. But on the mornings I have eggs for breakfast, I usually accompany them with buttered toast rather than the oatmeal or pancakes. And I like sausage patties too. I'm not much for bacon, so I guess I'm a heretic there. Occasionally, though not often, we have sausage and pepper gravy over hot biscuits. And we go up to the French place here for pastries and wonderful coffee with cream pretty often. That's probably my favorite breakfast. Their French pastries are marvelous!

What does your little heart desire for breakfast? What sounds good to you?
Old 01-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
LOL Are you going to put a chunk of melting butter on your hot pancakes and pour maple syrup over them? I don't have pancakes very often, but when I do, I have to have butter and syrup! And when I have oatmeal, which is pretty often, I also like brown sugar and some butter in it. But only a little milk. I do like the idea of eggs, for the protein. But on the mornings I have eggs for breakfast, I usually accompany them with buttered toast rather than the oatmeal or pancakes. And I like sausage patties too. I'm not much for bacon, so I guess I'm a heretic there. Occasionally, though not often, we have sausage and pepper gravy over hot biscuits. And we go up to the French place here for pastries and wonderful coffee with cream pretty often. That's probably my favorite breakfast. Their French pastries are marvelous!

What does your little heart desire for breakfast? What sounds good to you?

Hey Pat!

that's what I forgot - I tend to put a little cinnamon a teaspoon of honey in my oatmeal and on the pancakes (don't put sugar in or on them as I really like honey).

I'm a pescetarian and don't eat red meat or poultry, which makes it a bit more difficult for me. I already have problems with savory food in the mornings (plus I was never an egg/milk fan either, nowadays I make myself eat it), I need that little bit of sweetness in order to shake off my morning grumpiness.

I like both bf options but I think I might just go for pancakes tomorrow - they make me

I keep forgetting that this diet is supposed to be (kinda) fun sometimes.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsdewinter View Post
Hey Pat!

that's what I forgot - I tend to put a little cinnamon a teaspoon of honey in my oatmeal and on the pancakes (don't put sugar in or on them as I really like honey).

I'm a pescetarian and don't eat red meat or poultry, which makes it a bit more difficult for me. I already have problems with savory food in the mornings (plus I was never an egg/milk fan either, nowadays I make myself eat it), I need that little bit of sweetness in order to shake off my morning grumpiness.

I like both bf options but I think I might just go for pancakes tomorrow - they make me

I keep forgetting that this diet is supposed to be (kinda) fun sometimes.
I can only speak of my own thoughts, but if I'm going to be eating two or three or four times a day, every day, for the rest of my life, I am darned well going to enjoy it!

So on my DDs, I may be holding my calories low, but I'm delighting in the amazing and HUGE salads and stir frys I get to enjoy, and UDs.. well, I love them very much. LOLOL

JUDDD should allow you to delight in your meals while it brings you to great health and a lovely body weight. JUDDD helps you come to terms with your eating while it allows you to feed your body and your soul!

So.. have the pancakes!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 04:39 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

Will do - unless I wake up craving sth entirely different!!

Thanks!
Old 01-05-2012, 08:25 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
i always used to have to add milk and/or nuts and raisins etc to my oatmeal to enjoy it. Then i found Better Oats | Oat Fit | Maple & Brown Sugar and I can eat it straight, no milk, no nothing and it is only 100 calories.

It keeps me full for a good couple hours. It has 4 grams of protein, so still a little bit of protein.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote