Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
LadyKT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 4,679
Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: WW Diva!
Start Date: May 20, 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Possibly that is because more cortisol is produced when one is stressed, and caffeine results in cortisol spikes, so the two together are just too much!!! So it makes sense to me that when you're not stressed, coffee affects you differently.

Enjoy that honey!!!
As a recovering Starbucks junkie, I can totally see how that works. I'm not 40 lbs overweight because I eat decently healthy.
LadyKT is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #32
KOO
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,824
Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
That used to be me, now it takes 250-300mg to make me sleep I keep getting more tolerant. I need to stop this, it's horrible.

Strangely enough I have no problem NAPPING, I can go to bed in the afternoon and sleep with no issues, but I don't fall asleep at night.
My son also takes about 300. If any of you try this and it works, I will have to tell him so he can try it. Or maybe, we should make him the guinea pig since he isn't worried about carbs/sugar.
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:33 AM   #33
KOO
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 21,824
Gallery: KOO
Stats: Starting 183(2/06)now below....
WOE: Hcg 9/12/12...142.5/134/130
Now that I read a few of you have tried it, I will definitely mention it to him to try. I hate that he takes so much of the sleeping pills.
KOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:01 AM   #34
Junior LCF Member
 
mrsdewinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 41
Gallery: mrsdewinter
Stats: 149.9/146.6/116 - 5'4
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 26/12/2011
I haven't actually tried this yet (I'm thinking about it though) but since reading this post 3 days ago I've been having very vivid dreams/nightmares 3 nights in a row - and I rarely dream/remember my dreams.

I wonder what'll happen if I actually go on this - fly out the window to Neverland perhaps; which doesn't sound so bad! :P

Last edited by mrsdewinter; 01-07-2012 at 04:33 AM..
mrsdewinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 04:24 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!
 
itsmeshelly01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 1,619
Gallery: itsmeshelly01
Stats: 260/150/162
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: eating lowcarb since 2005
I also had insomnia way before taking the EC stack or even before ever drinking coffee. I remember as a teenager my mind just not shutting off when i would go to bed. I can be really really tired but i get in bed and my mind starts thinking about everything. Stupid things will come into my head that i havent thought about in maybe weeks or months. With the dyphenhydramine it just seems to help my brain to not think so much, and it helps me to get right back to sleep when i wake up in the middle of the night. I always get up in the middle of the night at least once to go to the bathroom and if i dont take it i will not get back to sleep forever. I have also heard and read about ephedrine not being good for you and caffeine not being good for you but it has never had the negative side on me that it does on some people. I know there is more to it with me than just cutting out the caffeine.
When i was reading The Warrior Diet, one thing he talked about was that eating that big meal in the evenings helps your body to relax and helps you to fall asleep faster and stay asleep. I will say that when i did the warrior diet i slept like a baby most nights. I still took my drugs my i didnt even wake up to go to the bathroom. There may be something to it. He says our bodys were meant to eat this way. To eat very light throughout the day and then have our big meal in the evening. He says back in the day they would hunt during the day, do their working, and they would just nibble on nuts or fruits and veggies or some bread and cheese, things like that, and then the evening meal was the big meal with family and the time to start relaxing, and that our bodies know this. Im sure it also has to do with cortisol and insulin. He made mention of alot of science behind it too but if i could have made that diet work i would have loved to stay on it because i could every night big meals, but i think i ended up eating too much during the day and it didnt work like it should. I think everyone doing JUDDD should read Ori's books. They give so much science behind fasting and how healthy it is for us. Ori Hofmekler, check him out.
__________________
New grandbaby! Life is good!<img src=images/smilies/hugs_2011.gif border=0 alt= title=Hugs class=inlineimg />
itsmeshelly01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:17 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Well, I got sleepy pretty fast last night, but I was already quite tired from a full evening of stuff going on. I went to bed before midnight but lay there a while trying to wind down. It didn't take as long as the night before.

I slept until about 8:50 this morning. Woke up feeling more refreshed than I had in several days. I sat up and didn't feel the sickness like I have been (it's almost like morning sickness), only slightly, so I know my body is reajusting to the Metformin, and I know for sure that's what it was making me feel that way. Good to know these things.

I don't know if the honey made a difference or not because an hour before the honey, I ate a Wendy's Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger and value fries, lol. So there was plenty for my liver to work on while I slept. But nevertheless, I'll use the honey for a while longer and then see how I do without it.
__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-07-2012 at 07:24 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 07:23 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
I also had insomnia way before taking the EC stack or even before ever drinking coffee. I remember as a teenager my mind just not shutting off when i would go to bed. I can be really really tired but i get in bed and my mind starts thinking about everything. Stupid things will come into my head that i havent thought about in maybe weeks or months. With the dyphenhydramine it just seems to help my brain to not think so much, and it helps me to get right back to sleep when i wake up in the middle of the night. I always get up in the middle of the night at least once to go to the bathroom and if i dont take it i will not get back to sleep forever. I have also heard and read about ephedrine not being good for you and caffeine not being good for you but it has never had the negative side on me that it does on some people. I know there is more to it with me than just cutting out the caffeine.
When i was reading The Warrior Diet, one thing he talked about was that eating that big meal in the evenings helps your body to relax and helps you to fall asleep faster and stay asleep. I will say that when i did the warrior diet i slept like a baby most nights. I still took my drugs my i didnt even wake up to go to the bathroom. There may be something to it. He says our bodys were meant to eat this way. To eat very light throughout the day and then have our big meal in the evening. He says back in the day they would hunt during the day, do their working, and they would just nibble on nuts or fruits and veggies or some bread and cheese, things like that, and then the evening meal was the big meal with family and the time to start relaxing, and that our bodies know this. Im sure it also has to do with cortisol and insulin. He made mention of alot of science behind it too but if i could have made that diet work i would have loved to stay on it because i could every night big meals, but i think i ended up eating too much during the day and it didnt work like it should. I think everyone doing JUDDD should read Ori's books. They give so much science behind fasting and how healthy it is for us. Ori Hofmekler, check him out.
Shelly, I've seen you mention Ori and The Warrior Diet before. I'll have a look at some of it.

It seems to be how things go for me for the most part - the biggest meal at dinner. But occasionally we don't get to have a normal timed dinner because of activities going on, like last night, I didn't get to eat a big meal until we got home with the Wendy's food about 9:30. I noticed when this happens, I eat until full and then it's not so long after that I go to bed. I always feel kind of odd about going to bed on a full stomach, like whether that's good for me or not, but I don't think it's caused any problems when it happens.

Anyway, thanks for the info, will have a look.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:01 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,832
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 View Post
Stupid things will come into my head that i havent thought about in maybe weeks or months. With the dyphenhydramine it just seems to help my brain to not think so much, and it helps me to get right back to sleep when i wake up in the middle of the night. I always get up in the middle of the night at least once to go to the bathroom and if i dont take it i will not get back to sleep forever.
My brain does not shut off when I lay down either. I will think and think about stuff, stuff that doesn't bother me during the day, but I have actually worked myself up to tears before, at night everything seems like a big deal. The fact that my friend didn't call when she said she would, at night that means she doesn't care. During the day, I would just shrug it off as her being busy. But at night, it is the end of the world, I'm losing my best friend, I'm all alone in the world, woe is me, cry cry cry. What's up with that!

But while I DO get up at night to pee, I don't ever have trouble falling back asleep. Once I actually get to sleep, I will go back to sleep easily.
__________________
-Julie
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #39
Major LCF Poster!
 
rubidoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: san diego
Posts: 1,466
Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
That used to be me, now it takes 250-300mg to make me sleep I keep getting more tolerant. I need to stop this, it's horrible.

Strangely enough I have no problem NAPPING, I can go to bed in the afternoon and sleep with no issues, but I don't fall asleep at night.
This is how I used to be many years ago. I could nap fine, and at night, once I was asleep, I slept fine. But I could't fall asleep. I would almost never fall asleep before 3 am as a kid. I remember it as young as 9 or 10. I just thought of myself as a nightowl. But I was often up until 5 or 6 am. But then I'd sleep ALL day. It was really depressing to sleep until 3 or 4 in the afternoon in the winter and not see sun, or nearly enough sun, for days at a time. I ended up dropping out of high school bc I couldn't get up for it. I worked midnight shifts when I could. Had to forgo things I would have liked to be able to do and plan my life around my messed up sleep. Then I went to a behavioral therapist for "talking therapy" for a little more than a year with no improvement at all. Finally, my therapist suggested that we try hypnotism and OMG! I was totally cured. I went home that night and fell asleep at 11 pm. I still, 19 years later, feel very much in control of my sleeping. There are times that I get out of sync. If I sleep very late (which I do enjoy once in a while), I'll have a hard time falling asleep that night, but I think that's well within the range of normal, right?

I just thought I'd throw this out there in case any of you are interested in another possible "cure". I'd love it if it helped someone!

And my guilty secret: Before JUDDD, I was drinking a full pot of coffee everyday and sometimes I'd also have a diet coke or something. Now, because I'm not having heavy cream, I'm doing something even more terrible -- nearly a 2 liter bottle of diet coke every day. Gah!
__________________
jayne, type I diabetic and mama to two sweet boys (9/03 and 2/09)

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding

Last edited by rubidoux; 01-07-2012 at 10:34 AM..
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:05 AM   #40
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,832
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
And my guilty secret: Before JUDDD, I was drinking a full pot of coffee everyday and sometimes I'd also have a diet coke or something. Now, because I'm not having heavy cream, I'm doing something even more terrible -- nearly a 2 liter bottle of diet coke every day. Gah!
I'm a diet coke junkie too, I adjust my caffeine doses to compensate (I take a half dose of caffeine with my stacks and get the rest from diet soda). It is a bad habit that I will be breaking, I just don't want to start the year with TOO much you know... like ok I will lose weight, quit diet coke, exercise more, go to bed earlier, blah blah. Too much at once! Baby steps.

I dunno if I'd be susceptible to hypnosis. We had a hypnotist on a cruise I was on that asked for volunteers, and he wasn't able to do it to me and I was disqualified, he was able to do it to most of the others, I am not sure! That is probably way not the same thing as what you'd get in an office setting though.

I've heard of a disorder where your nights and days are mixed up, maybe that's what you had? I've looked into it but for me it does not fit, since I was fine until a few years ago. And in the past I've worked night shifts and been miserable because I was SOOO tired overnight. But one thing I probably should have mentioned is that up to my last pregnancy (where my insomnia issues started), I had been working on rotating shifts for the previous 10 years. One month days, one month nights, one month evenings... argh doing this for 10years SURELY messed up something in my system. I am definitely sure this is a big piece of the puzzle for me.

Really though I looked into "sleep hygiene", and they say that it's pretty horrible to stay up watching tv or staring at a computer monitor until bedtime, and to instead take a hot bath before bed and stop using the computer/TV a few hours before bed. It makes sense but it's such a huge change from what I'm currently doing that I've been resisting it. I mean, at night is when I'm at my most productive (creatively and work wise) and so that's a big chunk of my productive hours that I'd be throwing away by being away from my computer (I'm a graphic artist and work exclusively on the computer).

I guess the benadryl right now is my own fault, because I'm resisting the "drink less diet coke and spend less time on the computer" thing. I know that it's directly affecting my sleep patterns but I'm not desperate enough to do something about it yet I guess.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:10 AM   #41
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post


Really though I looked into "sleep hygiene", and they say that it's pretty horrible to stay up watching tv or staring at a computer monitor until bedtime, and to instead take a hot bath before bed and stop using the computer/TV a few hours before bed. It makes sense but it's such a huge change from what I'm currently doing that I've been resisting it. I mean, at night is when I'm at my most productive (creatively and work wise) and so that's a big chunk of my productive hours that I'd be throwing away by being away from my computer (I'm a graphic artist and work exclusively on the computer).
This is SO me! I always get a "second wind" later in the evening, and this is also my "me" time to watch what I want on the laptop on Netflix with headphones or just browse the net or whatever, and yet how many times have I stupidly finished an action or scary movie to lay in bed with visuals and light disturbances flashing through my mind as I lay there trying to fall asleep? And it's due to the type of show I would watch before bed, and just the light and stimulation from the internet or TV. And so I break the habit only to find myself doing the same thing days later. Lol.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 05:35 AM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,832
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Ok last night was the third night that I took honey and I did fall asleep without benadryl BUT.... I took Nyquil :P I'm sick! Aaaah. But one dose of Nyquil is still an improvement over 3 doses of Benadryl right!

Also this morning I got up at the awful hour of 7 am. Who in their right mind gets up that early! I was wide awake, I honestly felt hyper hyper awake, I half expected my pupils to be way dilated when I looked in the mirror this morning I felt so wired. Oh well, up for the day now! Booooo hissssss, mornings.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:19 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
After I took the honey last night, I did get quite sleepy within the hour, as I've been since I started. But when I lay down in bed, I had anxiety flashes. Hard to describe, but mind sort of refusing to quiet down, some heart pounding, shivering, etc.

I gave it 45 min. and then got up and took 2 Benadryl. Slept pretty well. Woke up about 8 and then fell back asleep til 9:30.

Woke up feeling sickish, and it's just now starting to get better. I think the reason I feel sickish a lot of the time lately is something to do with my gall bladder. I will get an ache in the upper right abdomen, just under my rib cage, but the ache or "pinch" as it sometimes is, will move around the area. I notice it especially after eating or drinking. It's been doing this for about a year and a half, but it would go away again quite soon. I had it checked out anyway in October 2010 and even had scans, and everything was fine. So I just kept doing what I'd been doing. It's only in the last few weeks has it been staying and feels like it's getting worse. I get a burning stomach feeling a lot of the time too, whether stomach is empty or after eating, doesn't matter. I take Pepto Bismol and that helps. I will be talking to my doctor about this when I go in a little over a week.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:16 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Am staying out of town tonight and didn't bring my honey. I think the next time I have it will be on some lightly toasted bread when I get back home.

On another note, I found something that seems to be helping me feel better from what I think is my gallbladder - apples! If I eat an apple, I feel better. Strange maybe, but I'm going to keep it up.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,844
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<276/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
Oh yes, apples are known to be good for the gallbladder--and for preventing/softening kidney stones, too, I think. Awesome that you found they make you feel better!

I take a Source Naturals product called Magnesium Malate. It contains over 400mg of malic acid (which is the substance in apples that supposedly softens gallstones). A couple years ago I bought it as part of a liver cleanse...stopped taking it for a long time, but recently discovered it is the only kind of magnesium that doesn't cause tummy troubles for me.

Google "malic acid gallbladder" for more info.
__________________
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." --Ace Rimmer
"Really, how is eating a piece of cake bad? Being bad is murdering someone.
That's bad. Don't do that." --Sarah Michelle Gellar
****************************************
New lows, 2014:
8/1 274.6
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,832
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
I did the honey last night again for the 4th night now, it's still inconclusive for me, because once again I was doped up on Nyquil. But that's 2 nights without Benadryl, at least I'm replacing a triple dose of Benadryl with a regular dose of Nyquil. And once again was wide awake early (5:30am this time!). I did manage to fall back asleep until 7:30, I do think this is caused by the Nyquil though, for some reason after the initial drowsy period it does the opposite to me. I'm taking it for the cough suppression and not the drowsiness though so it's a necessary evil for me now, without it I probably wouldn't sleep at all!

Last edited by Hazelsmrf; 01-09-2012 at 05:36 AM..
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:29 AM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!
 
KeirasMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fresno, CA
Posts: 13,368
Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Nyquil always makes me feel jittery and amped. I get sleepy but still feel amped if that makes sense. I'm on a beta blocker for rapid heart rate anyway, so I just never take the stuff.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:32 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
ouizoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,528
Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
WOE: JUDDD
for those of you who are on the computer til late, download the free program f.lux At sundown, it removes all the blue light from your computer (your screen will look slightly red), and at sunup, it puts the blue light back in. The theory is that we evolved in adaptation to looking at fires, not at blue light at night--it was recommended over at Primal Blueprint. I have found that my sleep is vastly improved now that I have f.lux on my computer.
ouizoid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,832
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
Nyquil always makes me feel jittery and amped. I get sleepy but still feel amped if that makes sense. I'm on a beta blocker for rapid heart rate anyway, so I just never take the stuff.
Yes that's exactly what I'm feeling, I'm just very awake. Not necessarily not tired, but just... hyper awake. Yesterday the feeling lasted ALL DAY, I should probably find a new cough suppressant. I have a really bad gag reflex and if I have to actually take cough syrup chances are I'd just throw it back up, so I need something that comes in pill form!

But I'm sure the honey's been helping with the cough too!
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #50
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,832
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouizoid View Post
for those of you who are on the computer til late, download the free program f.lux At sundown, it removes all the blue light from your computer (your screen will look slightly red), and at sunup, it puts the blue light back in. The theory is that we evolved in adaptation to looking at fires, not at blue light at night--it was recommended over at Primal Blueprint. I have found that my sleep is vastly improved now that I have f.lux on my computer.
That sounds really cool! I can't use anything like that though since I'm a graphic artist and my colors need to be accurate in order for me to work, but that's a really cool idea!
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:25 AM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,832
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Ok so last night, 5th night taking honey before bed I think? Anyways, no Benadryl, no Nyquil I am not sure if it's the honey or maybe a placebo effect, but I'll take it! Hopefully tonight is the same story.

I went to bed at 12:30am after taking the honey, talked in bed with my husband for about 20 minutes, and it probably took me about 40 minutes to fall asleep. Which FELT like a long time, but really probably wasn't that long.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:09 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
Oh yes, apples are known to be good for the gallbladder--and for preventing/softening kidney stones, too, I think. Awesome that you found they make you feel better!

I take a Source Naturals product called Magnesium Malate. It contains over 400mg of malic acid (which is the substance in apples that supposedly softens gallstones). A couple years ago I bought it as part of a liver cleanse...stopped taking it for a long time, but recently discovered it is the only kind of magnesium that doesn't cause tummy troubles for me.

Google "malic acid gallbladder" for more info.
I will look into this! Thanks.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:10 PM   #53
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Ok so last night, 5th night taking honey before bed I think? Anyways, no Benadryl, no Nyquil I am not sure if it's the honey or maybe a placebo effect, but I'll take it! Hopefully tonight is the same story.

I went to bed at 12:30am after taking the honey, talked in bed with my husband for about 20 minutes, and it probably took me about 40 minutes to fall asleep. Which FELT like a long time, but really probably wasn't that long.
So it sounds like it's working for you! I was gone for two nights without honey, so I better go take a dose now that I have it again.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 PM   #54
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I've concocted a weirdly tasty and soothing drink for myself based on what I've read about gallbladder and remedies (and the honey for the sleep-effects)... amounts are estimates and based on taste... 1 c. warm/hot water, 3 t. fresh lemon juice, 1 t. acv, 1 T honey, 2 t. evoo. Stir well.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:06 AM   #55
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
Hazelsmrf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Montreal, QC
Posts: 3,832
Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Another night no Benadryl for me... At 10pm I pushed myself away from the computer, took a hot bath, a tablespoon of honey, and then curled in bed with the Alternate Day Diet book. Read the whole thing, lights out at 12:30am, and fell asleep without too much issue.
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:05 AM   #56
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
After the honey drink, I fell asleep last night with little problem.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #57
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,913
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Keeping my fingers crossed for you guys!

If this does indeed work, which it's beginning to look like maybe it does, wouldn't that be wonderful. No more popping pills.. just use this offering from Mother Nature. I think she knows best sometimes, over all the bottles of meds and supplements that Big Pharm stocks the shelves with. Keeping my fingers crossed.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 07:43 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I'm having another cup of the soothing lemon/honey/acv/evoo/"tea". It's 10:45 so I'll see how long it takes me to get sleepy.

About 3 hours after dinner I got terribly nauseous It's going away thank goodness. Nobody else who ate the same thing felt sick, so

Edited to add - started getting quite sleepy about 11:20.

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-11-2012 at 08:27 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:42 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
piratejenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,844
Gallery: piratejenny
Stats: 293/<276/<160 (5'7")
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: restart 6/12/14 @ 289.4
yay sophie!

(about the sleepy, not the nausea!)
piratejenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #60
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
yay sophie!

(about the sleepy, not the nausea!)
Thanks, PJ But then I ended up staying up too late on purpose, and lay in bed a good while trying to fall asleep when I did go. But oh well, one of these nights you'd think I'd learn my lesson.

I am almost 100% certain that I have gallbladder problem now, and that has something to do with how I've been sleeping lately. I go to the Dr. next week, so I'll know something then.

I do enjoy my lemon/honey "tea" though and I think that's going to be a mainstay for me in the evenings whether I sleep right or not.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.