Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #31
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Edit: oops mixed my threads up.

I have no intention of personally mixing things up, I only replied because starvation mode was brought up as a reason to not do it and I did not agree with starvation mode being the issue, that's all.
Never said you were, I just commented to the OP about doing 2 DDs and what my opinions are about them.

Nothing more.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Sorry I should have phrased it better, I didn't mean to imply that you were telling me this, I just wanted to clear up that I agreed with you to do it as planned I was only commenting on the metabolism being affected by double fasting days, which I realize is not part of JUDDD but something that I knew something about from previous fasting experiences, I really should have made myself more clear I apologize! I sometimes get very excited about subjects and just start typing very quickly with little regard to how coherent I'm being
Hazelsmrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
I wonder if Dr. Johnson advised against 2 DDs in a row because then when the UD did
come we might go hog wild.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:08 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.W. View Post
I wonder if Dr. Johnson advised against 2 DDs in a row because then when the UD did
come we might go hog wild.
Probably, if you deprive yourself too much you start thinking about how hard it is and how unsustainable it is. I think mentally doing only one down day is much better for you, it's a lot easier to succeed! I think if the ratio was DD/DD/UD/DD/DD/UD you'd probably have a LOT less people on this board.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/128.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Probably, if you deprive yourself too much you start thinking about how hard it is and how unsustainable it is. I think mentally doing only one down day is much better for you, it's a lot easier to succeed! I think if the ratio was DD/DD/UD/DD/DD/UD you'd probably have a LOT less people on this board.
ITA!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:48 AM   #36
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Yam-Yam
Stats: 230/191/165 @5'9"tall and 60 yrs. alive
WOE: Dukan 8/1/11 and now JUDDD
Start Date: 8/1/11 RE-start 1/1/14
Good point, Julie!
Yam-Yam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #37
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MLE
Stats: 175/140/130 5'5"
WOE: Atkins/Crackin'
Start Date: June 2010/New start in 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
Not sure what others will say - but I say no. I think, and I know you are in your first 2 weeks - so don't want to muck around. However, if I was you - I might stick to my normal rotation - but finish eating early on Friday evening (ie don't eat late) and then don't eat anything but broth during the day on Saturday - and then eat dinner at your friends - as the end of your DD and the start of your UD. Then make Sunday your normal UD (slightly restricted due to cals the night before - but remember you have 500 to take away from the DD) - and Monday your normal DD etc.

Good luck!
Just to make sure I understand, this would be kind of like what piratejenny does with MUDDD - starting the DD tonight and ending it tomorrow evening at the same time? Or, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I would just do my regular rotation and save most of my DD calories for the evening with my friends so I can enjoy a nice meal instead of just "picking" at my food or being stressed on WHAT to eat that will fit into my DD and that meal.
I had thought I might be able to pull this off...

Thanks, Ladies! I appreciate the advice!! One way or another, I will try to enjoy the meal and not stress too much.
MLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #38
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
Just to make sure I understand, this would be kind of like what piratejenny does with MUDDD - starting the DD tonight and ending it tomorrow evening at the same time? Or, no.

I had thought I might be able to pull this off...

Thanks, Ladies! I appreciate the advice!! One way or another, I will try to enjoy the meal and not stress too much.
No, MUDDD is a different weight loss plan. While JUDDD has a fasting period of approximately 36 hours, the length of the low calorie period for MUDDD doesn't extend that long. Also, while the overall calories are within just a few hundred of each other each diurnal day on MUDDD, with each diurnal day being much closer in calorie number to the previous and following one, with JUDDD there is a great variance between the diurnal days.

If you are doing JUDDD, you will probably save most all of your calories for your evening meal and enjoy it to the fullest.

Regardless of which plan you are following, enjoy it and have a wonderful time!

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-06-2012 at 08:28 AM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #39
MLE
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
No, MUDDD is a different weight loss plan. While JUDDD has a fasting period of approximately 36 hours, the length of the low calorie period for MUDDD doesn't extend that long.
Thank you so much for clearing that up for me! I will just drink water and tea through out the day tomorrow and save my cals for dinner. At this point, I am not sure I will even be hungry during the day tomorrow. I have been ravenous (is there a spell-check on this thing?) since I woke up this morning and have not eaten very clean today.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:42 PM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrsdewinter
Stats: 149.9/146.6/116 - 5'4
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 26/12/2011
Now that we got into the realm of sluggish metabolisms - as far as I know not eating breakfast slows down your metabolism too and a lot of people (me included) on this board tend to not eat breakfast on dds in order to curb the hunger... so either way it seems like we're kinda screwing our metabolisms up, no?

Having a dd tomorrow and will try the following: an apple for BF after workout, an omelette and salad and, if calories allow it some more greens in the evening together with lots and lots of green tea, coffee and water..I'll report back.
mrsdewinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #41
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I wish I had kept a study I read that said, basically, that skipping breakfast, or any other meal for that matter, doesn't really slow a person's metabolism down.... that metabolism isn't that easily manipulated either up or down, and certainly not that immediately, and certainly not from skipping a single meal. Nor will eating breakfast *start* it working for the day.

And nobody really knows quite where this tale came from, only that it is repeated with absolute surety by professionals as well as lay people, and has been around for awhile. It's *common knowledge* now, much like the admonishment that says you have to drink 8 glasses of water each day, so you will be sure to hear this from your nutritionist, for example, who will also tell you that it is necessary to eat a minimum of 3 servings of whole grains daily in addition to your other carbohydrates.
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I think pretty much any intermittent fasting links you find online will show links to studies that say that skipping breakfast does not slow down your metabolism, but I think everyone needs to do their own research. I will say though that I tend to not really give credit to articles that don't cite references or studies like that one.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:49 AM   #43
MLE
Senior LCF Member

The Leangains site is awesome and has lots of helpful information - maybe not on JUDDD specifically, but on IF. I am sure it discusses this at length. Check it out!
Old 01-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLE View Post
The Leangains site is awesome and has lots of helpful information - maybe not on JUDDD specifically, but on IF. I am sure it discusses this at length. Check it out!
Definitely, it is one of the sites that I read regularly.