Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: priori
Start Date: 1/15/13
Thinking about JUDDD

I have been somewhat successful in losing on Atkins around 30lbs so far. I have lots to go still. Ive been reading this portion of the board today, and it seems that you JUDDD folks are the happiest!

I do see a trend, however, that most people started with LC-lost a majority of their weight, and then went to JUDDD for the remainder.

I'm considering starting now with JUDDD but I'd like to see some experiences from folks that went the whole way (or nearly) on JUDDD, if there are any?

In the past I have not done a very good job with sticking to my plan, so I'm really trying to do the research this time around so I can find something and STICK to it, AND be successful. I did read the newbie threads and stuff, so I feel as if I have the "jist" of JUDDD, though I'm a little flabbergasted at how many calories I can take in on UD (Over 2000!), I'm understand restriction haha, but what are ya'lls menus like on UDs?

Thanks for any help in advance!
priori is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
I lost 30 lbs on Atkins last year, from sept 2010 to feb 2011 then just went off and on atkins until sept 2011 and then only was on atkins 2 weeks (and had lost 10 more pounds) before i came to JUDDD. I have been on JUDDD since the end of Sept and have lost 24.2 lbs and have 50 more pounds to go to goal.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
priori-
I lost half of my 200lbs simply eating low carb, and I only came to JUDDD because of necessity. I continued to eat low carb on JUDDD and do so in maintenance.

I would never have tried JUDDD except that due to age (post-menopausal) and being hypothyroid, I found that at 250 lbs, I could not lose unless I ate <1000 cal a day (c. 900). Trying to do that on a daily basis was much too frustrating. As Dr. J says about JUDDD, it prevents diet 'burn out,' and with 400 cal DDs, my UDs of 1200-1400 cal were a relief and totally satisfying. JUDDD enables me to restrict calories as I need to in order to manage my weight.

I think JUDDD is great for someone in my situation, but if I could lose like most people at a higher calorie level, I'd simply do Atkins.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Hi there! Nice to see you interested in, what I feel, is the BEST plan and fit for me as far as a WOE that I could have ever asked for!

I low carbs for years, off and on, and then started again Jan 1, 2010. I lost close to 20 pounds by May, 2011 then went on vacation, went off plan some, gained 5 pounds, took it off a week after getting back from vacation and back on LC but then started to gain again, even though I was doing LC/VLC. When I got to the point where nothing was working (see this thread: Am I At The Point In My Life/Age Where I Have to Restrict EVERYTHING ? ) AND I was really missing the good carbs (fruits, veggies, wholegrains) I enjoyed on vacation, I decided to look around for a WOE that "fit" my lifestyle and me better.

I found JUDDD, did the research, read the forum threads and asked lots of questions of Pat (SoHappy) and started the plan on August 1, 2011. I ate at a higher % than the 20% or 500 calories or less that Dr. J from JUDDD suggests because the DD calories for me seemed too low and what shocked me the most is I still lost weight at a rate that had me thinking I was sick or something was wrong! NOT!! My body just the off again, on again of the JUDDD WOE and the rest is history. I started with a goal of 145 (was 151.6 when I started), met that goal within 10 days and then continued to lose another 11 pounds. I actually had to adjust my DD calories so I would stop losing!

I eat whatever I want, but the years of LCing did teach me great eating habits which I have continued to use with JUDDD. I do eat higher carbs now but stay with good carbs like veggies and fruit, especially on my DDs to get more bang for my calorie buck.

AND this is the ONLY WOE that gave me the appetite suppression that so many talked about on LC. Eating LC I was ALWAYS hunger, but eating more carbs on JUDDD I'm totally satified and have to push myself to eat up to my DD calories most days.

My body, mind and spirit just JUDDD! I can never see myself EVER eating any other way!

Here is a thread about my journey to JUDDD that may help, also: My Journey Through WW, South Beach, LC, VLC, and JUDDD (long story)

Hope you decide to try out our wonderful JUDDD and yes, we ARE the happiest people on LCFs, in my opinion, because we all get to eat like we want and STILL lose weight! How can you not love a diet/woe that you only have to do every OTHER day?!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 01-04-2012 at 10:33 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:04 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys Beeb I actually read both of those posts when you made them And it is really you that had me thinking about JUDDD to begin with. <3

I DO lose well on atkins, but I find myself missing certain things (fruit, whole grains, occasional treats) and where I understand that I cannot continue on my poor way of eating and still lose weight, I'd like to find a happy medium between NEVER EVER EVER being able to eat some of the carbier things I like, and gorging myself on them. I do think we (my husband and I) may give JUDDD a try for a few weeks, and see what our results are, worse case it just doesn't work the way we want it to, and we go back to Low carb.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:03 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Hazelsmrf
Stats: 303/152/150
WOE: VSG surgery
Start Date: November 8th 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by priori View Post
I DO lose well on atkins, but I find myself missing certain things (fruit, whole grains, occasional treats) and where I understand that I cannot continue on my poor way of eating and still lose weight, I'd like to find a happy medium between NEVER EVER EVER being able to eat some of the carbier things I like, and gorging myself on them.
Ahhh a million times this. I do pretty good on Atkins, I've lost 100 pounds in the past on Atkins, I know it works for me, but it does lead me to binges. Not allowing myself certain foods makes me stuff my face with them when I finally give in to temptation, it is NOT pretty. I needed a healthier mindset, one that does not demonize the cookie and let's me be quite satisfied with the one cookie, because that one cookie is OK, really it is.

I would suggest that you not give up after 2 weeks if you are not seeing Atkins like results though, if you're coming off of low carb and you start eating more carbs on JUDDD, you will be dealing with an initial water weight spike and that will make it difficult to judge what is really going on in your body, by scale anyways.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #7
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Thanks guys Beeb I actually read both of those posts when you made them And it is really you that had me thinking about JUDDD to begin with. <3

I DO lose well on atkins, but I find myself missing certain things (fruit, whole grains, occasional treats) and where I understand that I cannot continue on my poor way of eating and still lose weight, I'd like to find a happy medium between NEVER EVER EVER being able to eat some of the carbier things I like, and gorging myself on them. I do think we (my husband and I) may give JUDDD a try for a few weeks, and see what our results are, worse case it just doesn't work the way we want it to, and we go back to Low carb.
priori, I think you should give JUDDD a try, for this reason. Since you know that Atkins works for you, you can always go back to it. So there is that *safety net* at your back if you decide you want to return. And you already know how quickly you will be able to get back into it if you decide to return.

But if you are becoming increasingly dissatisfied with your Atkins/low carb style of eating in that it disallows so many foods that you are becoming increasingly hungry for, foods that you miss quite a bit by now and wish you didn't have to never enjoy again, JUDDD can give you a way to include those foods in your meals while still following the rules of a plan. It's a way of being able to stay in control of the situation, learn to incorporate the foods that you enjoy and do well on into your diet, and still lose weight while improving your state of health.

I only advise you to include some of your carby choices gradually, and do be prepared for some GIANT weight fluctuations on the scale as the days go by. Some don't have those bounces happen too much, but others of us see weights jumping all over the place, but gradually lower as the weeks pass.

Hope you'll join us here. And here's to some oatmeal and buttered toast. Here's to some fruit and even a baked potato or some French fries. Life truly does exist outside strict low carb.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
I love when I read these kinds of things and I'm so I may have been a help in getting you to try our wonderful JUDDD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post
Ahhh a million times this. I do pretty good on Atkins, I've lost 100 pounds in the past on Atkins, I know it works for me, but it does lead me to binges. Not allowing myself certain foods makes me stuff my face with them when I finally give in to temptation, it is NOT pretty. I needed a healthier mindset, one that does not demonize the cookie and let's me be quite satisfied with the one cookie, because that one cookie is OK, really it is.

I would suggest that you not give up after 2 weeks if you are not seeing Atkins like results though, if you're coming off of low carb and you start eating more carbs on JUDDD, you will be dealing with an initial water weight spike and that will make it difficult to judge what is really going on in your body, by scale anyways.
and I'm going to include your last comment on the thread about giving it 2 least because it is SO true. Many have stayed the course after that 2 week "let's see" period and have found JUDDD works really well after that. Thanks for the reminder!!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Thanks everyone! After some more research/reading I think we decided to give it one month and see how it goes, and we went to the grocery store to get some things to get started on our first down day. Hubbies birthday is tomorrow, which will be our First official "UP" day! I'm sure I'll be posting lots!

@sohappy, You have such informative and well written posts, I look forward to them!
Old 01-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelsmrf View Post

I'm so glad you know where I am coming from!