Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #1
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
New to JUDDD, very excited! A few questions....

I have been pouring over all the threads here and I am so excited to begin JUDDD! I did Atkins successfully in 2003-2005 but had my third child in 2006 and have struggled to really get back on the LC wagon.

Can anyone answer the following questions for me as I begin my JUDDD journey?

Question1: My UD calories are 2080 according to calculator on Johnson's site, this seems really high, do I really need to reach 2000 on each UD?

Question2: Is it smartest to do LC and JUDDD It seems like it would be really difficult on DD and I am kind of jazzed about idea of eating an apple etc that would be low calorie but I have been restricting while trying to LC.

Question3- On UD do you really eat any cuisine you want? Like, can someone eat pizza on UD and still lose on JUDDD?

TIA! I am so excited to hear from anyone, I cant wait to start, DH is going to do it with me!


UD 2080
DD 416
__________________
Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. Christopher Robin to Pooh...
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 09:21 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!
 
theredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,601
Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I can answer from my own experience Q#s 2 & 3.

I've been a low carber for eight years. I like eating low carb. I feel good eating low carb. I've read enough Atkins, Taubes, Eades, etc. to truly believe that low carb is best for my body. However, I've come to realize that low carb alone was no longer working for me for weight loss or maintenance. I love to eat, and I can pack away way too many calories, even if the carbs are extremely low.

Eating the JUDDD way has allowed me to eat a more moderate low carb diet and still lose weight. I may be a little weird, but I've discovered that if I have some "rules" I've set for myself, I can follow them pretty well. Counting calories becomes an exercise I enjoy, because the awareness it gives me about what goes into my mouth helps me to not overeat. Knowing that if I follow my "rules" on my DD results in a "reward" of eating a few more carbs the next day, works well for me. On most days, the only carbs I'll add are from 100-calorie packs of popcorn, sourdough bread, or oatmeal. Through the holidays, I've endulged in anything (carby or otherwise) I've wanted, and have found it easy to get right back to the business of proper DDs and weight loss. For me, this WOE has made me feel in control, and I can make good choices 95% of time. That's enough to keep me in the 140's, where I'm perfectly happy. I DO gain a lot of water weight when I have a "crazy" day, such as the ones I had on occasions throughout the holidays, but it comes right back off.

I hope this helps you decide to give this a try. If you don't like it, or feel it doesn't work well for you, you can always go back to Atkins. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

As for the calorie levels you choose, there are a lot of threads that address that better than I can. I'm sure someone else will come along that can help you with that.
__________________
Laurie
5'7" female, 57 yo
DH has lost 90 pounds
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Thanks so much Laurie! If you dont mind my asking what are the rules for your DD?

I am "fortunate" in that I have been recently diagnosed with a wheat allergy [also soy, peanut, garlic and onion] so keeps carbs low is pretty easy since I have to avoid wheat.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member
 
kris4chloe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 460
Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
I am one that also does moderate carbs, basically I don't judge what I am going to eat by carb or no carb but more so on the calories. I eat real foods and avoid frankenfoods and make sure I get some sort of protein.

On UD's I make sure each meal has a good mix of protein, veggies and low carbs (well i typically have been sticking to oatmeal for breakfast cuz I am in love with it right now).

I believe low carb is good, because it got us off of our carb feasts, but I am starting to feel like a nice evened out meal plan that has a little bit of carbs with an emphasis on healthy (more veggies) is best.
__________________
Kristi
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #5
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
For DD I am thinking:

hardboiled egg
coffee
sf jello
shrimp
green beans
apple? pear, grapefruit, strawberries [depending on LC I am trying to keep it]
greek yogurt, etc
would LOVE to have soup but most have garlic/onion so have to be careful with that...
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Hi Kristi! Thanks! I am excited to think I can "allow" myself a baked sweet potato and not feel guilty! Or apple etc

I cant wait to begin, we had already shopped for the week so I will be starting in a few days and yes I think I need to stay away from frankenfoods. Whole foods are best and I think I will feel best on them.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:44 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member
 
kris4chloe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 460
Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
yesterday on my DD I had

starbucks skinny vanilla late for breakfast (i was trying to do liquids in the morning afternoon, but only made it to lunch). thinking back i would have been better off just having my oatmeal and saving a few calories.

for lunch i had a few pieces of leftover chicken from dinner the other night and a big plate of broccoli and peppers veggies from green giant

for dinner i had a whole can of progresso light beef stew soup

then in between i had some beef broth, diet swiss miss, and some raw almonds, and lots and lots of water and bathroom trips!

on DD's I am always drinking, helps me through the day.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:57 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!
 
sophiethecat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Maintain Lane
Posts: 5,189
Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
I have been pouring over all the threads here and I am so excited to begin JUDDD! I did Atkins successfully in 2003-2005 but had my third child in 2006 and have struggled to really get back on the LC wagon.

Can anyone answer the following questions for me as I begin my JUDDD journey?

Question1: My UD calories are 2080 according to calculator on Johnson's site, this seems really high, do I really need to reach 2000 on each UD?

Question2: Is it smartest to do LC and JUDDD It seems like it would be really difficult on DD and I am kind of jazzed about idea of eating an apple etc that would be low calorie but I have been restricting while trying to LC.

Question3- On UD do you really eat any cuisine you want? Like, can someone eat pizza on UD and still lose on JUDDD?

TIA! I am so excited to hear from anyone, I cant wait to start, DH is going to do it with me!


UD 2080
DD 416
lilmiss!

1. What are the numbers (height, age, etc.) you put in the calculator?

2. I started out not really doing LC on JUDDD, but now I'm back around to a lowER carb than I was for my first month on JUDDD. It's because I feel the fats and protein are better for me and I feel and look better on them. I don't consciously ban any food though, I just try to make better choices and include as many whole foods in my plan, and less processed and sugary.

3. Yes, I included ANYTHING I wanted on UD. I lost weight eating Big Macs, french fries, pizza, potato chips, pie, etc. Maybe not all in one day though, lol. I DID have an UD calorie limit, after all. Haha!

But once I got to maintenance and was doing MUDDD and FDs and nothing was truly off limits on any day, it seemed to settle me down. Certain foods lost their power to entice because I could have it if I wanted it every day, as much as I wanted. Ironically, I found that I did not want these foods that much or in large quantities - I became more in touch with true hunger and satisfaction. Eventually came around to more balanced eating, especially since the holidays are done.

Edited to add - JUDDD is about calorie cycling, not any particular foods, so how and what you want to eat are up to you!
__________________
Started JUDDD 10/12/11 after LC.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-04-2012 at 10:08 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,061
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
I have been pouring over all the threads here and I am so excited to begin JUDDD! I did Atkins successfully in 2003-2005 but had my third child in 2006 and have struggled to really get back on the LC wagon.

Can anyone answer the following questions for me as I begin my JUDDD journey?

Question1: My UD calories are 2080 according to calculator on Johnson's site, this seems really high, do I really need to reach 2000 on each UD? Those numbers seem OK, but here is a thread where you can do several calorie calculators and take an average if you feel your UD number as too high. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...lculators.html I did the JUDDD calculator and had no trouble losing at all.

And yes, whatever number you figure to be your UD calorie number you really need to eat up to or at least very close to it for the science and magic of JUDDD to work it's best for you. Here is a link that talks about this: YOU GOTTA EAT!!
and this link about giving JUDDD at least 2 weeks to start to work for you: JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE, 2 WEEKS IS ALL!!

Question2: Is it smartest to do LC and JUDDD It seems like it would be really difficult on DD and I am kind of jazzed about idea of eating an apple etc that would be low calorie but I have been restricting while trying to LC. The JUDDD plan is one that doesn't have any rules about what food you should or shouldn't eat. That is totally up to you and many still do LC and are doing fine.

Question3- On UD do you really eat any cuisine you want? Like, can someone eat pizza on UD and still lose on JUDDD? I eat everything; pizza, sandwiches, fruit, whole grains/rice, cereal, etc. and I have lost like butter melting on a skillet and actually had a problem when I want to stop losing weight and had to up my calories some to get to a maintenance level to keep my weight where I wanted it to stay. BUT, eating right is always a good idea on any plan we do so eating good, wholesome fruits, veggies, protein with an occasional pizza, snack, etc thrown in there seems to have worked very well for me, and others. It's not what I suggest you do, just what worked for me.

TIA! I am so excited to hear from anyone, I cant wait to start, DH is going to do it with me!


UD 2080
DD 416
! So nice to see you joining our JUDDD family and I'm sure you are going to love it! Also, I your screen name! That is what I called my precious beagle who passed over this fall and now when I see you on here I get to remember her, too!

I have answered your questions in bold on your quote above and I am giving you a few links to help with your questions, also. The nice thing about JUDDD is we don't have to over think or "not have" food. We CAN eat whatever we want, the choice is totally ours. Most of us use our LC knowledge and still stay low to moderate carbs, but that is not a rule on JUDDD. It's a "eat what works for you" kind of plan and I think that is one of the reasons it's so successful for so many people!
__________________

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”

Last edited by Beeb; 01-04-2012 at 10:02 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:07 AM   #10
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Awesome responses, thank you all so much! I will go off and take an average with all the calculators. I tend to not eat enough [and I am fat, weird, right?] so the UD might be challenging but I am sure I can make it work! Wings, anyone? haha

Oh beeb, sorry about your sweet beagle! Great name though! I call my niece lil miss so thats how I chose it for my LC Friends name.

It feels SO good to be excited about an eating plan, gives me hope/motivation!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #11
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Oh one more Question... Do you recommend I get the book? I dont think I need it but if you guys found it super helpful then I would...
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:51 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!
 
theredhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 2,601
Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
Thanks so much Laurie! If you dont mind my asking what are the rules for your DD?

I am "fortunate" in that I have been recently diagnosed with a wheat allergy [also soy, peanut, garlic and onion] so keeps carbs low is pretty easy since I have to avoid wheat.
I guess my "rules" are just another name for whatever plan I'm doing at the moment, lol. I've done CAD, IF, and other plans in an effort to have some guidelines. If I just get up in the morning and think, "Ok, I'm eating low carb today", then I'm eating a lot of calories by the end of the day. I can pack away 3000 calories easily if I'm eating my bacon, fatty steaks, coconut oil/chocolate protein shakes, etc. If, however, I say, "I'm eating only 1850 calories today", then I make better choices and end up eating only what I REALLY want. It gets some of the mindlessness of my eating out of my way. If I'm too flexible, I let myself try to get away with too much, lol.

As for my DDs, my "rule" is that I'll eat no more than 600 calories, period. No wiggle waggle, no cheating. Those DDs are non-negotiable to me because I feel they've been the main key to my success. The reward is the UDs of freer eating and weight loss/maintenance. I wasn't too successful trying to count calories on low carb, because it just went against everything I believed about low carb. I didn't think I "should" have to. But after awhile, I realized that was just not working for me anymore.

Since my goal is essentially maintaining now, I "allow" myself to have freer UDs when an occasion calls for it, and I've had a couple of UDs in a row a few times. My weight bounces up quickly because of the water, but it comes right back down with my JUDDD routine.

As for the book, I read it and it was interesting. I definitely don't think you need to feel you need to read it, though, to successfully follow the plan. Almost anything said in the book has been repeated in these threads.

Wow, I'm long-winded today. Sorry......
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:54 AM   #13
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
No, it's great! I appreciate it Laurie, thanks!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #14
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,061
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredhead View Post
I guess my "rules" are just another name for whatever plan I'm doing at the moment, lol. I've done CAD, IF, and other plans in an effort to have some guidelines. If I just get up in the morning and think, "Ok, I'm eating low carb today", then I'm eating a lot of calories by the end of the day. I can pack away 3000 calories easily if I'm eating my bacon, fatty steaks, coconut oil/chocolate protein shakes, etc. If, however, I say, "I'm eating only 1850 calories today", then I make better choices and end up eating only what I REALLY want. It gets some of the mindlessness of my eating out of my way. If I'm too flexible, I let myself try to get away with too much, lol.

As for my DDs, my "rule" is that I'll eat no more than 600 calories, period. No wiggle waggle, no cheating. Those DDs are non-negotiable to me because I feel they've been the main key to my success. The reward is the UDs of freer eating and weight loss/maintenance. I wasn't too successful trying to count calories on low carb, because it just went against everything I believed about low carb. I didn't think I "should" have to. But after awhile, I realized that was just not working for me anymore.

Since my goal is essentially maintaining now, I "allow" myself to have freer UDs when an occasion calls for it, and I've had a couple of UDs in a row a few times. My weight bounces up quickly because of the water, but it comes right back down with my JUDDD routine.

As for the book, I read it and it was interesting. I definitely don't think you need to feel you need to read it, though, to successfully follow the plan. Almost anything said in the book has been repeated in these threads.
NOT a but a GREAT post and everything I would have said if I had thought about it!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:54 PM   #15
Way too much time on my hands!
 
SoHappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 17,889
Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
Question1: My UD calories are 2080 according to calculator on Johnson's site, this seems really high, do I really need to reach 2000 on each UD?

Question2: Is it smartest to do LC and JUDDD It seems like it would be really difficult on DD and I am kind of jazzed about idea of eating an apple etc that would be low calorie but I have been restricting while trying to LC.

Question3- On UD do you really eat any cuisine you want? Like, can someone eat pizza on UD and still lose on JUDDD?
You've had really good advice about checking out a few various Calorie Calculators to meld with the JUDDD Up Day number... I like the one on the freedieting site... and if you are very, very overweight you might want to chop a couple hundred calories off of that, since a good portion of that UD calorie number will have been based on... fat weight, rather than the *real* body within.

On your second question, some folks still follow a quite low carb food plan as they follow JUDDD. That choice is really up to you entirely. JUDDD doesn't care what foods you choose to eat.. only the calorie totals of each day in the continuous up/down cycle. And also, that depends on what carb number you think of as low carb, and how high that number would have to rise before you'd begin to consider the number to be mid-range carb, or even high carb. Lots of us eat at a very mid-carb range, but of some very low and sometimes very high carb foods. So my salads will be very low carb, but my dessert may be very high carb. Does that make sense?

And, yes. As to your third question, you are going to be able to be eating as much like a normal, regular person out there in the real world as you want to. Once again, JUDDD doesn't care what foods you choose to include in your diet, only that you don't go over your calorie limits. So you can make up your menus of any foods you enjoy the most, and that you do well on and feel contribute to your overall great physical and also mental health!

So you will get to partake of celebrations and holiday feasts, going out to dinner with friends, maybe a popcorn at the movies, pizza night with the gang, etc. It's all up to you. Just don't go over those calorie limits (very often LOL) and JUDDD will work for you.

Just wanted to warn you to watch out for one thing that many of us do when we first start: Try not to go overboard on the carbs too much, right off the bat! That initial water weight that you lose when you first start doing a low carb diet comes right back when you go back to eating carbs. And it can be quite a shock to see that on the scale when it first occurs.
__________________
Best wishes, Pat

Last edited by SoHappy; 01-04-2012 at 02:09 PM..
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:17 PM   #16
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Thx Pat! Everyone here has been wonderful and so helpful!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:31 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member
 
smily's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 7
Gallery: smily
Stats: 220/205/145
WOE: Atkins, BBD
Start Date: October 2011
I have been looking for a way to lose weight that I can live with. I had some success with Atkins as well as HCG. I lost 20lbs on HCG in five weeks. I did have some problems feeling cold and shaky a lot of the time and the last two weeks were difficult to get through, so I don’t want to go back on HCG right away as it is winter and I hate being cold.
I have been reading a lot of the threads in JUDDD and I like what I am reading. Now if I understand right you start with a UD followed by a DD followed by a UD and so on.
I am a 56 year old female. I am 5’3” and I weigh 196 at the moment. My goal weight is around 145. According to the calculator I should be eating around 2100 calories on the UD and around 500 calories on the DD. I exercise moderately 3 times a week.
I look forward to being part of this wonderful group but I have to wait starting my JUDDD journey as I will be on a business trip starting next Wednesday and I will be away until the Monday after. I think it will be too hard to do this kind of eating while eating out for 6 days lol so I will be following low carb while I am gone.
I can't wait to get started.
smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:55 PM   #18
Why wait, just do it NOW!
 
Beeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A REAL Jersey Girl!!
Posts: 12,061
Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smily View Post
I have been looking for a way to lose weight that I can live with. I had some success with Atkins as well as HCG. I lost 20lbs on HCG in five weeks. I did have some problems feeling cold and shaky a lot of the time and the last two weeks were difficult to get through, so I don’t want to go back on HCG right away as it is winter and I hate being cold.
I have been reading a lot of the threads in JUDDD and I like what I am reading. Now if I understand right you start with a UD followed by a DD followed by a UD and so on.
I am a 56 year old female. I am 5’3” and I weigh 196 at the moment. My goal weight is around 145. According to the calculator I should be eating around 2100 calories on the UD and around 500 calories on the DD. I exercise moderately 3 times a week.
I look forward to being part of this wonderful group but I have to wait starting my JUDDD journey as I will be on a business trip starting next Wednesday and I will be away until the Monday after. I think it will be too hard to do this kind of eating while eating out for 6 days lol so I will be following low carb while I am gone.
I can't wait to get started.
Can't wait for you to start JUDDD and make sure you introduce yourself in the Newbie thread so all can welcome you!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #19
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Well it's official! DH and I will begin our first DD on Monday! Thanks for all the information and support!
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:21 AM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,858
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Hey Pat, I want to add something to your advice to not go overboard with carbs from day one.

On average it takes about two weeks of DD/UD alternation for the 'JUDDD Magic' to really kick in.

I think that means foods that trigger overeating or blood glucose spikes should be avoided or eaten minimally in the first two weeks. Thereafter, most JUDDDers find former trigger foods are just tasty foods.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:22 AM   #21
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Nancy, really smart advice. Thx. I do better when I stick to LC foods, higher carb items can send me into a tailspin so I am going to keep it LC.
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:23 AM   #22
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
gotsomeold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Asheville, NC / Marietta, Ga
Posts: 3,858
Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
And, I agree with Red. I found the book very interesting. It explains what is going on behind 'that old JUDDD Magic'.

But the website and this forum (especially this forum) contain everything you need to know to succeed in JUDDDing.
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:49 AM   #23
Blabbermouth!!!
 
handbells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: traveling through space and time
Posts: 6,439
Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
Awesome responses, thank you all so much! I will go off and take an average with all the calculators. I tend to not eat enough [and I am fat, weird, right?] so the UD might be challenging but I am sure I can make it work! Wings, anyone? haha

Oh beeb, sorry about your sweet beagle! Great name though! I call my niece lil miss so thats how I chose it for my LC Friends name.

It feels SO good to be excited about an eating plan, gives me hope/motivation!
This is me! I could never figure out why I wasn't losing (no matter the plan) when all I would be eating would be, for example (Atkins), a deviled egg, a salad, and a steak. But that would be *all* I ate all day. JUDDD "forces" me to eat...lol!

I do eat carbs, but I have found I do best if I eat them (in moderation). Mostly in the form of rice, potato, or other starchy vegetable. Rarely in the form of bread or bread products, but if I want to and I can, then I do! My husband is also gluten intolerant, so whatever bread products are eaten are generally gf.
__________________
Jenn


"Hold tight and pretend it's a plan!"

"Humankind is simply materialized color operating on the 49th vibration."
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:50 AM   #24
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
Have next weeks DD mapped out so I can grocery shop.

coffee
1/2 1/2
hardboiled egg
celery w/ cream cheese
15 shrimp
LC ketchup
horseradish sauce
green bean "fries"

May add broth if I can find some that doesnt have my allergens.
SF jello

Varying dinners, greek salad one night with vinegar and no oil
spaghetti squash with tomato sauce another night

Will see how I feel after DD1 with the day time foods...
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #25
Blabbermouth!!!
 
handbells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: traveling through space and time
Posts: 6,439
Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil miss View Post
Have next weeks DD mapped out so I can grocery shop.

coffee
1/2 1/2
hardboiled egg
celery w/ cream cheese
15 shrimp
LC ketchup
horseradish sauce
green bean "fries"

May add broth if I can find some that doesnt have my allergens.
SF jello

Varying dinners, greek salad one night with vinegar and no oil
spaghetti squash with tomato sauce another night

Will see how I feel after DD1 with the day time foods...
Do you happen to have a pressure cooker? You can make amazing broth in no time!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #26
Big Yapper!!!!
 
lil miss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 8,939
Gallery: lil miss
WOE: LCMW
Start Date: 1/1/13
I will definitely have to look into some recipes for that!

I made beef stock a few weeks ago and it tooks HOURS and then DH accidentally left it out overnight so I threw it out

Just realized I dont have pressure cooker, have slow cooker/crock pot thing...

Last edited by lil miss; 01-05-2012 at 07:40 AM..
lil miss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #27
Blabbermouth!!!
 
handbells's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: traveling through space and time
Posts: 6,439
Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
You can make your own broth in the crock pot too or stove top, pressure cooker just takes a shorter amount of time I make a lot of chicken broth as we eat a lot of chicken, lol. But vegetable broth is even easier if you eat a lot of veggies. Save all of your trimmings and use them!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:30 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.