Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 05:47 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: alibaba
Stats: 240(pregnant)/183/165
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 2/4/14
Are there typical "stall" points with JUDDD?

I was thinking about LC dieting, and the dreaded post-induction stall that so many of us experience. Are there times with JUDDD dieting that cause similiar stalls? Or just more of an individual thing? Seems everyone stalls at some point in their dieting journey, but with certian WOEs, it appears to be more predictable or at least explainable. Thoughts/ experiences?
alibaba is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn1225
Stats: 255/175/145
WOE: Was LC'ing, now JUDDD Newbie
Good question! I'd like to know too .
Jenn1225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:54 AM   #3
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
People respond differently to various plans, but I've never actually 'stalled' on JUDDD. I'm a very slow loser, but I lost 100lbs in my first two years on JUDDD, averaging just a pound a week. I lost steadily.

Know, too, that after you lose a significant amount of weight, you need to re-calculate your numbers. For the first year, my DD calorie level was 430, but after I'd lost 50 lbs, it dropped to 370. It's possible that by not remembering to do that, people can stall for lack of a significant calorie deficit--as can happen with any plan.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:59 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattsmama
Stats: 188/129.2/135 5'8" 42 yo
Start Date: JUDDD-11/11 to present (LC-5/11-11/11)
I "stall" during TOM, but I would do that on any eating plan. Other than that, I have experienced pretty steady weight loss. I have not stopped losing inches at any time.
mattsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:15 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/116/118-125
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
I lost approx. 3lbs in the first week but thereafter (3 and a half weeks) I've stalled/added weight back despite sticking firmly to the rotation for the induction period and not eating above the recommended calories.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
I've been following this since 22nd November 2011 - and have lost 18.6lbs. I am very happy with that. I may stall in the future when I hit old 'set' weights - but I hope not! I also think a way to beat a stall would be to eat 'normally' for a 4 or 5 days and then start JUDDING again - really confuse the body!
MintQ8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I don't think that ANY diet has as predictable a stall-point as the post-induction stall in Atkins.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
I had almost reached my goal weight within a week or so of starting JUDDD (had 5# left to lose) but then I raised my calorie numbers too high on UDs (was basically having FDs) and my weight went back up to where I started when I came to JUDDD. I went back to lower UD numbers and stalled around for about a week while I figured out the highest amount of calories I could eat on UDs and still lose. Once I figured that out, I was golden. The weight flew off again. After a while, I also started doing MUDDD.

After I'd reached my goal weight around Halloween, I went back to regular JUDDD and decided to lose a little more, down to 143#. I did this very fast too, and then decided to maintain around 145#. Once I'd been on JUDDD for a month, I started MUDDDg and doing other IF as needed. My metabolism healed where I could do Free Days - truly no counting of calories - and I have been able to maintain exactly where I wanted. I did this from the middle of November until about Christmas.

Around Christmas, I started mixing things up even more - such as doing regular 36 hr. JUDDD DD now and then along with other IF and MUDDDg. I lost about 5 more # since then without intending to, and have lowered my setpoint further.

So, in my limited experience with JUDDD, stalls during weight-loss mode have come from eating too many calories (averaged between the UD and DD). Weight loss happened again when I found the "sweet spot" of calories on UDs, which for me was about 1700 - 1800. My maintenance could in some ways be considered doing what it takes to make me "stall" since I was eating FDs (more calories than needed for weight loss) in order to hang right around 145#.

But when I started mixing up the eating even more recently = FDs + 2 regular JUDDD DDs per week + IF similar to Leangains (14 min. hr fasting) the weight came off despite FD eating! I weigh 140# now, and hope to stick around that without going *too much* lower (about 135 would be my lowest - after that, I'd start looking too thin!)

HTH!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 01-04-2012 at 07:14 AM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:11 AM   #9
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
I haven't stalled due to anything but my eating foods that I know stall me, so I can't blame the plan for that!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:14 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
I've always tended to stall at old set points. 178 has always been a stall-point for me--no matter what my intake--you sometimes just have to wait things out.

Leo--correct me if I am wrong--didn't you used to have a losing pattern where sometimes you would only lose one week out of a month? It wasn't precisely a stall--more like you would hold for three weeks and then have a big drop? Or was that someone else--
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:43 AM   #11
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Ouis- You have a good memory! Yes, that was me, but it only happened twice--two consecutive months. I lost nothing for 3 weeks, and then dropped 4 lbs the 4th week, which gave me my 4lbs for the month, as when I lost every week.

I have no idea why that happened, but it could be that water issue I mentioned where the body fills empty fat cells with water.

However, I would not consider that a 'stall' because I go by Dr. Atkins's definition--6 weeks with no loss despite being faithful to plan.
Leo41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:11 AM   #12
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I haven't stalled due to anything but my eating foods that I know stall me, so I can't blame the plan for that!
This is me^^^ and I never "stalled" but did lose less when I ate things that caused me to retain water more.
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
nope never stalled. not losing has usually been accounted by me not following plan. if i follow plan i lose.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #14
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
I have a feeling that at least some of the *stalls* any might experience on JUDDD in the first month or so would be more likely a situation of water weight gain from increased carb consumption erasing any weight loss from fat that would otherwise be showing up on the scale readout.

So sometimes a person could truly be losing body fat, but at the same time they are normalizing their water weight within their livers and muscle tissues and so the water weight being gained back again sort of offsets that fat loss on the scale dial.

But if you follow JUDDD, and if your calorie numbers are set pretty correctly, you won't have to even worry about a stall, whether one occurs or not. You'll just be busy living your life and facing your future, and not having to dwell on the subject of weight loss too much at all. It just sort of takes care of itself as you respect your correct calorie limits.

(And I did want to add that it may not all be just the simple matter of *calories in - calories out* here that is so effective. That fasting component of the Down Days really does seem to trigger something within us that allows for weight loss, or else maybe it heals something within us that was previously broken or set incorrectly to allow for weight loss, and now is working smoothly for us again. At any rate, after you've been on JUDDD for awhile, you'll find your body is responding to weight loss in a much smoother and easier manner.)
Old 01-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/178.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
i love you guys....i know that it's all possible...time is all i have....each day is going to pass...and that day will be down or up...

"But if you follow JUDDD, and if your calorie numbers are set pretty correctly, you won't have to even worry about a stall, whether one occurs or not. You'll just be busy living your life and facing your future, and not having to dwell on the subject of weight loss too much at all. It just sort of takes care of itself as you respect your correct calorie limits."

thanks for this!

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
I only "stalled" after the first two weeks when I wasn't counting my UD calories and was eating WAYYYYY too much w/o realizing it.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote