Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2012, 10:07 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I made it back! Yay

I kind of "fell off the wagon" for the first time in my weight loss journey. I always allow myself to let loose at xmas (and gain 10 lbs doing it)...but this time, I lost track of myself around Dec 10th with too many xmas parties and it was not INTENTIONAL like it usually is for xmas.

I woke up Dec 26th to see 150 for the first time since starting JUDDD. Ironically, that was my goal weight and I was once overjoyed to see that number. Not so much now.

So I decided to just get back on JUDDD. Well, not so easy. First DD, I was starving and ate like crazy. I felt like a complete failure! But when I logged in my calories, I realized I only ate 1200. Next DD, I didn't make it either - but 900 calories. Then 700...and today - 420 calories with NOOOOO problem. I'm back, baby!

Lesson learned: don't give up!
Lesson2: a mid day is not a failure!
Lesson3: you might be suffering withdrawl (from calories/sugar) or it's close to TOM or whatever so don't beat yourself up, just try again.

I already have menu and items prepared for DD#2 so I know I'm back. Scale read 148...so close to where I started after only ONE day.

I'm feeling very happy right now

Goal weight met: Aug 19/11

I played in the Longest Game for CF. We broke the Guinness record for longest hockey game.

Last edited by hockey_gal; 01-03-2012 at 10:09 PM..
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Well my story is just about like yours but I think a lot of my weight gain was just water.
Using the JUDDD calculator my UD comes to 2700 and a 20% DD should be 540 or for a
25% DD 675. Yesterday was my first good DD in 2 weeks or so at about 600 calories. So
here is patting us both on the back for having a good DD yesterday.
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Good job, Deanne & EW!

Very good post! It can be hard to get turned around at first due to cravings, but if you just keep at it, the body will adapt.

And yes, MDs are not the end of the world - whatever it takes to work your way down to DD.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Good job, you guys!!!! Gotta love JUDDD!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:12 PM   #5
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
JUDDD is very forgiving. And its forgiveness start immediately once you're back doing it again, even if your DD numbers aren't quite as low as optimal.

Sounds like you folks are taking off really well again after the Holiday Season. Way to go!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_gal View Post
I kind of "fell off the wagon" for the first time in my weight loss journey. I always allow myself to let loose at xmas (and gain 10 lbs doing it)...but this time, I lost track of myself around Dec 10th with too many xmas parties and it was not INTENTIONAL like it usually is for xmas.

I woke up Dec 26th to see 150 for the first time since starting JUDDD. Ironically, that was my goal weight and I was once overjoyed to see that number. Not so much now.

So I decided to just get back on JUDDD. Well, not so easy. First DD, I was starving and ate like crazy. I felt like a complete failure! But when I logged in my calories, I realized I only ate 1200. Next DD, I didn't make it either - but 900 calories. Then 700...and today - 420 calories with NOOOOO problem. I'm back, baby!

Lesson learned: don't give up!
Lesson2: a mid day is not a failure!
Lesson3: you might be suffering withdrawl (from calories/sugar) or it's close to TOM or whatever so don't beat yourself up, just try again.

I already have menu and items prepared for DD#2 so I know I'm back. Scale read 148...so close to where I started after only ONE day.

I'm feeling very happy right now
I've had similar problems and lessons learned this last month!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 08:22 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
Yes, the cravings are gone and I'm feeling much better I do LOVE how forgiving JUDDD is and that is why I chose it for maintenance. It's so easy after overindulging to just wake up and not eat right away. It feels good and cleansing...I usually only drink hot water with fresh lemons.

Thanks for the support. I posted bc it might help someone else in their struggle (or remind me if that ever happens again).
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote