Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I made it back! Yay (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/752348-i-made-back-yay.html)

hockey_gal 01-03-2012 10:07 PM

I made it back! Yay

I kind of "fell off the wagon" for the first time in my weight loss journey. I always allow myself to let loose at xmas (and gain 10 lbs doing it)...but this time, I lost track of myself around Dec 10th with too many xmas parties and it was not INTENTIONAL like it usually is for xmas.

I woke up Dec 26th to see 150 for the first time since starting JUDDD. Ironically, that was my goal weight and I was once overjoyed to see that number. Not so much now. :stars:

So I decided to just get back on JUDDD. Well, not so easy. First DD, I was starving and ate like crazy. I felt like a complete failure! But when I logged in my calories, I realized I only ate 1200. Next DD, I didn't make it either - but 900 calories. Then 700...and today - 420 calories with NOOOOO problem. :jumpjoy: I'm back, baby!

Lesson learned: don't give up!
Lesson2: a mid day is not a failure!
Lesson3: you might be suffering withdrawl (from calories/sugar) or it's close to TOM or whatever so don't beat yourself up, just try again.

I already have menu and items prepared for DD#2 so I know I'm back. Scale read 148...so close to where I started after only ONE day.

I'm feeling very happy right now :)

E.W. 01-03-2012 11:25 PM

Well my story is just about like yours but I think a lot of my weight gain was just water.
Using the JUDDD calculator my UD comes to 2700 and a 20% DD should be 540 or for a
25% DD 675. Yesterday was my first good DD in 2 weeks or so at about 600 calories. So
here is patting us both on the back for having a good DD yesterday.

sophiethecat 01-04-2012 07:42 AM

Good job, Deanne & EW! :high5: :shake:

Very good post! It can be hard to get turned around at first due to cravings, but if you just keep at it, the body will adapt.

And yes, MDs are not the end of the world - whatever it takes to work your way down to DD.

Beeb 01-04-2012 09:13 AM

Good job, you guys!!!! Gotta love JUDDD! :love::hugs::high5:

SoHappy 01-04-2012 12:12 PM

JUDDD is very forgiving. And its forgiveness start immediately once you're back doing it again, even if your DD numbers aren't quite as low as optimal.

Sounds like you folks are taking off really well again after the Holiday Season. Way to go!

pjsam1156 01-04-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockey_gal (Post 15295450)
I kind of "fell off the wagon" for the first time in my weight loss journey. I always allow myself to let loose at xmas (and gain 10 lbs doing it)...but this time, I lost track of myself around Dec 10th with too many xmas parties and it was not INTENTIONAL like it usually is for xmas.

I woke up Dec 26th to see 150 for the first time since starting JUDDD. Ironically, that was my goal weight and I was once overjoyed to see that number. Not so much now. :stars:

So I decided to just get back on JUDDD. Well, not so easy. First DD, I was starving and ate like crazy. I felt like a complete failure! But when I logged in my calories, I realized I only ate 1200. Next DD, I didn't make it either - but 900 calories. Then 700...and today - 420 calories with NOOOOO problem. :jumpjoy: I'm back, baby!

Lesson learned: don't give up!
Lesson2: a mid day is not a failure!
Lesson3: you might be suffering withdrawl (from calories/sugar) or it's close to TOM or whatever so don't beat yourself up, just try again.

I already have menu and items prepared for DD#2 so I know I'm back. Scale read 148...so close to where I started after only ONE day.

I'm feeling very happy right now :)

:goodpost: I've had similar problems and lessons learned this last month!:high5:

hockey_gal 01-04-2012 08:22 PM

Yes, the cravings are gone and I'm feeling much better :) I do LOVE how forgiving JUDDD is and that is why I chose it for maintenance. It's so easy after overindulging to just wake up and not eat right away. It feels good and cleansing...I usually only drink hot water with fresh lemons.

Thanks for the support. I posted bc it might help someone else in their struggle (or remind me if that ever happens again).