Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn1225
Stats: 255/175/145
WOE: Was LC'ing, now JUDDD Newbie
JUDDD with carbs instead?

Has the JUDDD program been tested with carbs instead of calories? If I wanted to eat 100 carbs today, then 20 tomorrow etc, would that work?
Jenn1225 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn1225 View Post
Has the JUDDD program been tested with carbs instead of calories? If I wanted to eat 100 carbs today, then 20 tomorrow etc, would that work?
I don't think that would work very well unless you also paid strict attention to your CALORIES.. else, you could eat that 100 carbs on your Up Day, plus way, way, way more calories than would work just in the fats and protein you might also eat. Believe me when I tell you that I could eat a full day's worth of calories just in some lunchtime sandwiches of bread with lots of pats of chilled sweet butter and thick slabs of fabulous cheese!

JUDDD as a plan works by controlling the entire calorie content of your given day, so if you count carbs and control for those carbs, you also need to know how many grams of fat and protein you are also eating that day. Else you could be far under in your total calories or far over, and either will undo the balance of your fasting/feasting cycle. Your alternating Up Days and Down Days can be thrown so far distant from their prescribed calorie numbers that JUDDD will fail. Except that you will have failed to *do JUDDD* correctly.

Sorry.

BUT, you can certainly do JUDDD at those carb levels you mentioned IF you also track and account for your other macro-nutrients so that you keep your days to your correct overall calorie counts. You're so very welcome to join us here!
Old 01-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
I haven't read it but there is a new book out called Choose to Lose: The 7 Day Carb Cycle Solution by Chris Powell. Apparently you cycle between high carb & low carb days. This obviously isn't JUDDD since it's about carbs, not calories, but it might be worth a read if it's something you're interested in.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: tiva
Stats: 5"6", 157/136/135, 53 yo
WOE: Paleo/Whole30
Start Date: 12/02
Jenn, it's not JUDDD, but there if you google "carb cycling" you'll find tons of ideas. It used to be pretty popular on these forums, but it doesn't seem that a lot of people do it here anymore. Many bodybuilders rely on carb cycling, I think.
tiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Jenn1225
Stats: 255/175/145
WOE: Was LC'ing, now JUDDD Newbie
I guess i knew the answer before I asked lol. Thanks guys
Jenn1225 is offline   Reply With Quote