Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 07:19 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: LightlyStarched
I just ate the most amazing 200 calorie dinner!

So, I've been reading some of these JUDDDD threads and you all have inspired me to try something new. So today I tried to do a "down day" just to see how it felt. I was a little hungry all day, but I think it was tolerable.

In order to make it *more* enjoyable, I treated myself to a decadent dinner. It is dh's birthday and he wanted seafood. Great! I love sashimi, but it is too expensive to make a complete meal from it. But tonight I enjoyed 3 ounces of the best thinly sliced Yellowfin that I've ever had. With wasabi and soy. OMG every bite was sheer heaven. Add a couple of mussels in wine broth and I was completely satisfied.

If down days mean I can afford to eat small quantities of really luxurious foods, I'm in!
LightlyStarched is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2011, 04:36 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
mmmmm fresh caught PEI mussels in European butter/wine sauce mmmmm

I may have to save that for an UD (and a trip to Nova Scotia). While that is so rich I can't eat many, I can definitely eat more than my DD calories!

Actually, I have done that on a few DDs: stuck with tea, broth and lettuce all day then splurged on one small but rich meal.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 12-31-2011 at 04:38 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightlyStarched View Post
So, I've been reading some of these JUDDDD threads and you all have inspired me to try something new. So today I tried to do a "down day" just to see how it felt. I was a little hungry all day, but I think it was tolerable.

In order to make it *more* enjoyable, I treated myself to a decadent dinner. It is dh's birthday and he wanted seafood. Great! I love sashimi, but it is too expensive to make a complete meal from it. But tonight I enjoyed 3 ounces of the best thinly sliced Yellowfin that I've ever had. With wasabi and soy. OMG every bite was sheer heaven. Add a couple of mussels in wine broth and I was completely satisfied.

If down days mean I can afford to eat small quantities of really luxurious foods, I'm in!
your meal sounds yummy
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightlyStarched View Post

That sounds completely luscious.

You get to eat anything your little heart desires on both your Up Days and your Down Days.. JUDDD doesn't care what foods you make your meals from, only that you respect your calorie numbers and stick to them fairly closely for the most part.

Most of us pick the foods that we enjoy the most, feel the best on and do the best on, etc. Sounds like your DH's birthday seafood meal was a good idea for you too!
SoHappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 09:32 AM   #5
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
Yum! I tend to eat a lot of sashimi on my DD's. Love it!
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
the condiment queen

Gallery: pooticus
Stats: 314/220.4/150
WOE: PersonalPlan
Start Date: Nov.20, 2007 (restart)
Hate to be the cold voice of reason here and spoil everyone's parade...but FYI, according to many sources, such as OceansAlive, etc, eating sushi grade raw fish can be hazardous to your health if you choose "old" fish such as tuna. The longer a fish lives, the higher the heavy metals and some sources say that sushi grade tuna can have as much as 1 month's worth of "acceptable" levels of mercury in just one serving. I don't know what their serving size is...but still. Big risk for such yummy pleasure. It saddens me but I limit how much fish and shellfish I eat these days except for small, young fish like sardines. *sniff*

10/20/07-314; 11/26/07-275 Surgery - Tot.Hyst.; 08/5/10-275.0; 09/1-271.8-(Started JUDDD); 10/2-260.4; 3/1/12-231.0lbs 5/25/12-227.2lbs; 8/19/12-222.8lbs
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. ~ Philippians 4:13
pooticus is offline   Reply With Quote