Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   I just ate the most amazing 200 calorie dinner! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/751699-i-just-ate-most-amazing-200-calorie-dinner.html)

LightlyStarched 12-30-2011 07:19 PM

I just ate the most amazing 200 calorie dinner!

So, I've been reading some of these JUDDDD threads and you all have inspired me to try something new. So today I tried to do a "down day" just to see how it felt. I was a little hungry all day, but I think it was tolerable.

In order to make it *more* enjoyable, I treated myself to a decadent dinner. It is dh's birthday and he wanted seafood. Great! I love sashimi, but it is too expensive to make a complete meal from it. But tonight I enjoyed 3 ounces of the best thinly sliced Yellowfin that I've ever had. With wasabi and soy. OMG every bite was sheer heaven. Add a couple of mussels in wine broth and I was completely satisfied.

If down days mean I can afford to eat small quantities of really luxurious foods, I'm in!

gotsomeold 12-31-2011 04:36 AM

mmmmm fresh caught PEI mussels in European butter/wine sauce mmmmm

I may have to save that for an UD (and a trip to Nova Scotia). While that is so rich I can't eat many, I can definitely eat more than my DD calories!

Actually, I have done that on a few DDs: stuck with tea, broth and lettuce all day then splurged on one small but rich meal.

dasiey 12-31-2011 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightlyStarched (Post 15284473)
So, I've been reading some of these JUDDDD threads and you all have inspired me to try something new. So today I tried to do a "down day" just to see how it felt. I was a little hungry all day, but I think it was tolerable.

In order to make it *more* enjoyable, I treated myself to a decadent dinner. It is dh's birthday and he wanted seafood. Great! I love sashimi, but it is too expensive to make a complete meal from it. But tonight I enjoyed 3 ounces of the best thinly sliced Yellowfin that I've ever had. With wasabi and soy. OMG every bite was sheer heaven. Add a couple of mussels in wine broth and I was completely satisfied.

If down days mean I can afford to eat small quantities of really luxurious foods, I'm in!

your meal sounds yummy

SoHappy 01-01-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LightlyStarched (Post 15284473)

That sounds completely luscious. :yummy:

You get to eat anything your little heart desires on both your Up Days and your Down Days.. JUDDD doesn't care what foods you make your meals from, only that you respect your calorie numbers and stick to them fairly closely for the most part. :laugh:

Most of us pick the foods that we enjoy the most, feel the best on and do the best on, etc. Sounds like your DH's birthday seafood meal was a good idea for you too! :up:

handbells 01-02-2012 09:32 AM

Yum! I tend to eat a lot of sashimi on my DD's. Love it!

pooticus 01-03-2012 11:53 AM

Hate to be the cold voice of reason here and spoil everyone's parade...but FYI, according to many sources, such as OceansAlive, etc, eating sushi grade raw fish can be hazardous to your health if you choose "old" fish such as tuna. The longer a fish lives, the higher the heavy metals and some sources say that sushi grade tuna can have as much as 1 month's worth of "acceptable" levels of mercury in just one serving. I don't know what their serving size is...but still. Big risk for such yummy pleasure. It saddens me but I limit how much fish and shellfish I eat these days except for small, young fish like sardines. *sniff*