Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2011, 04:13 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
talk me down...

ok to recap this week i've had a NASTY cold...can't stop coughing...sneezing....blowing my nose...everything i put in my mouth has no taste...i have had no problem with down days keeping it between 250-375c...up days i've been making it at least 1800-2000c...i've only seen the scale go UP UP....my lowest so far was 182...last friday 184.2.... yesterday after a DOWN day was 189...today is a dd as well and i will do my best to keep it low as i'm not hungry at all....cold meds i've been taking are advil cold and sinus, azithromax for antibiotics and hydrocodone tussin to help control the coughing and airborne to keep the vitamins up....could this possibly be ALL water gain... i would love to ring in the new year at the 182 mark and start from there but i just don't see that happening...sorry to rant cause i KNOW the scale she's a bouncer but dang...

Feb 1: 190 ---> 193.8
March 1: 185 -> 188.0
April 1: 180 --> 184.8
May 1: 175 --> 178.2
June 1: 170
.......-5/month until my birthday in
DECEMBER: 140
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2011, 06:05 AM   #2
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
I always retain water when I'm ill--even the slightest cold. I get a whoosh just as soon as I'm well, so if you feel better and start to pee a lot, you can expect to see a lower number on the scale.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:41 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Majella
Stats: 191/183/132
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: June 2013
Im the same so I just stay away from the scale until Im better.....Hope you get better soon!
Majella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:44 AM   #4
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
Allergy meds and advil do that to me as well.
I had an awful cold a few weeks ago and took liquid Tylenol cold medicine and was up 2-3lbs each day I took it. It came back off over a few days but medicines can really screw you up BUT you need them!
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:00 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/114/115-120
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance. Ketogenic PHD.
Start Date: 11 Dec. 2011 Restart 1 Jan 2013
I sympathise. I hope you recover fully and quickly.

After an initial 3lb loss after my first week on JUDDD, the scale's been bouncing up or approximately stalling since.

My DDs have been 300-350cals and my UDs are typically 1200cals or thereabouts.

Although the scales have been bouncing (mostly up), it's been noticeable that some of my clothing was looser which was some consolation. However, I seem to be expanding again albeit this is probably related to the chronic constipation that is unrelieved by eating shirataki noodles and taking additional psyllium/glucomannan. (I had 2 days of approx. 900/1000 cals this week because I was avoiding a DD for a friend's birthday: I followed those days with a DD.)

My next 'official' weigh-in is Sunday by which time I will have been following JUDDD for 3 weeks. If I've stalled again or gained, I'll have to consider lowering my calories further on both DDs and UDs and seeing if that works: but that would mean DDs of approx. 200 cals and UDs of approx 1000 cals. I'm quite apprehensive of what such low numbers would mean with respect to future weight loss and weight maintenance.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Oh thank goodness someone else has been here before....i had no idea cold meds could effect me that way....I'm resting....ive been in bed since last Sunday and only worked two days this past week....thanks for the well wishes i just cant figure out for the life of me why I'm so up and keep going up!...ill keep you posted but for now i still feel yucky and plan on staying in bed till Tuesday if i have to...thanks again for writing back
Old 12-30-2011, 08:26 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowSure View Post
After an initial 3lb loss after my first week on JUDDD, the scale's been bouncing up or approximately stalling since.

My DDs have been 300-350cals and my UDs are typically 1200cals or thereabouts.

My next 'official' weigh-in is Sunday by which time I will have been following JUDDD for 3 weeks. If I've stalled again or gained, I'll have to consider lowering my calories further on both DDs and UDs and seeing if that works: but that would mean DDs of approx. 200 cals and UDs of approx 1000 cals. I'm quite apprehensive of what such low numbers would mean with respect to future weight loss and weight maintenance.
I was going to say that your UD calories look LOW to me, but then I do not know what your height is.

If you post this problem in a separate thread, perhaps some JUDDDers who are good at figuring out calorie adjustments can help you.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:27 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
Oh thank goodness someone else has been here before....i had no idea cold meds could effect me that way....I'm resting....ive been in bed since last Sunday and only worked two days this past week....thanks for the well wishes i just cant figure out for the life of me why I'm so up and keep going up!...ill keep you posted but for now i still feel yucky and plan on staying in bed till Tuesday if i have to...thanks again for writing back
Yes, just wait til you're all better with the illness and meds out of your system and see where you end up and go from there. Just focus now on taking care of yourself and getting well soon!
Old 12-30-2011, 09:01 AM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Don't stress, it's just you body holding unto weight to help fight the cold plus the cold meds tend to make us retain water like crazy!

You will see, after you are feeling better those water weight pounds will melt away! In the mean time take care of our JUDDD BUDDD and get well soon!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

2 weeks this cold has been hanging on 2 WEEEEEEEEEKS...i've been eating 1750-2000c UD's 350c or less DD's if anyone picks this thread back up...i'm still at 188....i'm still taking meds but i just can't take this....i'm going crazy!!!

soooo sorry i'm whiney when i'm sick!

Last edited by mayleesa; 01-03-2012 at 05:12 PM..
Old 01-03-2012, 05:21 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
Don't stress, it's just you body holding unto weight to help fight the cold plus the cold meds tend to make us retain water like crazy!

You will see, after you are feeling better those water weight pounds will melt away! In the mean time take care of our JUDDD BUDDD and get well soon!
Gonna repeat this and hope you start to feel better really soon!!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
2 weeks this cold has been hanging on 2 WEEEEEEEEEKS...i've been eating 1750-2000c UD's 350c or less DD's if anyone picks this thread back up...i'm still at 188....i'm still taking meds but i just can't take this....i'm going crazy!!!

soooo sorry i'm whiney when i'm sick!
So sorry! Wish we could feed you chicken soup and take care of you!
Old 01-03-2012, 05:43 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I'm sorry, that stinks! I cannot stand it when the scale stands still (or goes up obviously) -- especially if I haven't strayed from my plan. I hope this resolves really soon for you!
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:56 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: hockey_gal
Stats: 172/156/150 5'7.5 Goal met: Aug 19/11
WOE: Moderate LC
Start Date: Aug 2010
I read somewhere that advil cold and all that jazz just prolongs the cold/virus. It's just masking the symptoms and your body isn't healing. Are you well enough to let those go and see if you can kick this?

I think you should stop weighing in and just focus on getting BETTER...your health is no much more important than a # on a scale.
hockey_gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:49 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

thanks!!! i needed to hear that!!! I'm trying life without advil cold and sinus today...my cough is the worst thing i've ever had and wont stop; i haven't had a cold or flu in almost 2.5 years that i can remember of this magnitude and at work it was mandatory that each employee got the flu shot by dec 23 or you were fired...sounds extreme but its policy at our hospital

.....i'm obsessed i feel with diet plans or ways of eating and i get discouraged soooo quickly when i don't see anything positive...i will let my body try and heal and stop obsessing....thanks for letting me bend your ear...i will be a patient patient....
Old 01-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #16

Quote:
thanks!!! i needed to hear that!!! I'm trying life without advil cold and sinus today...my cough is the worst thing i've ever had and wont stop; i haven't had a cold or flu in almost 2.5 years that i can remember of this magnitude and at work it was mandatory that each employee got the flu shot by dec 23 or you were fired...sounds extreme but its policy at our hospital

.....i'm obsessed i feel with diet plans or ways of eating and i get discouraged soooo quickly when i don't see anything positive...i will let my body try and heal and stop obsessing....thanks for letting me bend your ear...i will be a patient patient....
Probably why you got the flu! I just don't believe in giving myself germs to fight germs, has never made any sense to me! It a shame that this was forced on you! So sorry you are still feeling bad and wish I could help somehow. I would like to suggest a product called Cold Season Tea or Gypsy Cold Care from a health food store or Wholefoods that works like a miracle at the first sign of a cold or flu. I have used this product for 10 years now and I am NEVER sick! I start to drink this tea whenever I start to feel a scratchy throat or a stuffy nose and by the 3rd cup it's gone!

Amazing product!

Here is an example of this product:

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Old 01-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

oooh i will def look for this!! i usually take like airborne or zicam and nothing kicked it! so i'm happy to see another alternative....i don't believe in the flu shot either and everyone at work was soooo upset that we had to get it or else!! it's not even fool proof or guarenteed that getting it wont make you get the flu....i will look for this in the store when i go on friday!! thanks for the pic, i'm a visual person and the box helps!!! hugs everyone but not too close, i don't want you to get this....
Old 01-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
I was going to say that your UD calories look LOW to me, but then I do not know what your height is.

If you post this problem in a separate thread, perhaps some JUDDDers who are good at figuring out calorie adjustments can help you.
SlowSure: I agree w/sophie above--however, I am no expert. Make sure you check the threads in this forum--there are many where different UD/DD numbers are discussed. Lots of people have to adjust for their own bodies.
Try this one first:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...lculators.html
Good Luck!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote