Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Need to "talk out" a tough UD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/751577-need-talk-out-tough-ud.html)

Alcestis 12-29-2011 07:54 PM

Need to "talk out" a tough UD

Another UD that began well but fell apart when I got home. I think the problem is (hope this isn't TMI) I stopped taking my birth control pill a month ago and while my body's figuring stuff out, I feel like I've been PMSing for days, which means my self-control around food is all over the place. Grr. Anyway, I'm trying not to get down about it. Part of the problem is that I've been snacking on the leftover Christmas chocolates and cake...but it's all gone now, yay!

B: coffee w/milk (20), tortilla, 3 eggs scrambled w/ 1 T HWC (460)
S: 1 chocolate, 1 cookie (120)
L: Fage (170)
this is where it falls apart... 2 chocolate truffles (140), one Russell Stover chocolate (70), 5 crackers (100), 2oz brie (200), chocolate cake (150??), one Lindt chocolate (70).

I was totally full but I decided to eat the dinner I'd made so I could end the day on something "wholesome", which is weird logic, but hey, I'm hormonal.

D: 2 fish pieces (240), green bean casserole (300)

Hmm, I just added that all up and it came to about 2040 (my UD calories for now are 1950) which doesn't seem too bad, even if I underestimated the cake a bit. I hate feeling stuffed now, and I think that's what's really bothering me. I've done a ton of work on my emotional eating, therapy etc, in the last few years and I know that as well as the hormone issues, I was comfort eating, or stuffing some feelings. NOT a good way to deal with difficult emotions!!!

So, I don't want to continue "stuffing", but I also need to forgive myself and move on to a DD (which I'm thoroughly looking forward to!).

If you made it this far, thanks for reading my rambling thoughts :)

sophiethecat 12-29-2011 08:10 PM

Yes, just forgive yourself and move on. :)

When I first started reading this, I thought you were gonna say you ate like 3,000 calories or something, but then I see you just went over your limit by 90 calories! Unless I did the math wrong. :dunno: You feasted like that and only went over by 90? You're amazing. :hugs: I used to blow my UDs by 200 - 300 calories or more at times, so you should pat yourself on the back! :laugh:

1) We're still in the holiday season with the holiday foods, 2) your body is adjusting to new hormone levels, 3) you're still adjusting to a new woe, 4) this is just one day of eating you will look back on, and it will not set you back for long.

You're doing amazing! :high5:

KeirasMom 12-29-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sophiethecat (Post 15281880)
Yes, just forgive yourself and move on. :)

When I first started reading this, I thought you were gonna say you ate like 3,000 calories or something, but then I see you just went over your limit by 90 calories! Unless I did the math wrong. :dunno: You feasted like that and only went over by 90? You're amazing. :hugs: I used to blow my UDs by 200 - 300 calories or more at times, so you should pat yourself on the back! :laugh:

1) We're still in the holiday season with the holiday foods, 2) your body is adjusting to new hormone levels, 3) you're still adjusting to a new woe, 4) this is just one day of eating you will look back on, and it will not set you back for long.

You're doing amazing! :high5:

:goodpost:
I absolutely agree.

julietcc 12-29-2011 08:15 PM

You barely went over. No harm done! Trust me I have had many days of doing much worse. Try not to beat yourself up. Now that your chocolate is gone you can have a good DD tomorrow and you will feel back in control. I swear one good DD can really change your frame of mind. You can do this!

Alcestis 12-29-2011 08:22 PM

Okay, it's official: I :heart: you guys.

I felt so bloated that I couldn't quite believe I hadn't eaten about 4 million calories. Ah....it could be the increase in carbs as well. Okay, end of pondering. I'm letting today go, and going to bed!

Knittering 12-29-2011 08:29 PM

If I only go over my limit by 90 calories on an UD I call it a smashing success. :)

Beeb 12-29-2011 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 15281907)
If I only go over my limit by 90 calories on an UD I call it a smashing success. :)

:goodpost: and the nice thing about JUDDD is the longer you do it the less hungry you are and the less food becomes the priority! ;):up::clap: