Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Not counting on UD, thoughts/opinions

Would you say it would be "bad" to not count on UD and stick to strict/counting DD if I am trying to maintain? Will this catch up with me eventually and work against the JUDDD magic?

It will be almost 2 weeks since I started JUDDD after my HCG round (120 LDW) and I have really felt very "free" that I can pretty much eat what and how much I want on UD and still stay within a good range of my prefered weight (118-120). I just am not sure if eventually this will backfire on me. I usually count on DD's and try to stay from 500-600 calories since I am not counting on UD's

Thoughts??

12/19 120.8 (started JUDDD) UD
12/20 121.4 DD
12/21 120.4 UD
12/22 122.4 DD
12/23 120 UD
12/24 118.4 DD
12/25 118.4 UD
12/26 122 DD
12/27 121.4 UD
12/28 119.8 DD
12/29 119.4 UD
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
it looks to me like your doing ok
kutgw
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post
Would you say it would be "bad" to not count on UD and stick to strict/counting DD if I am trying to maintain? Will this catch up with me eventually and work against the JUDDD magic?

It will be almost 2 weeks since I started JUDDD after my HCG round (120 LDW) and I have really felt very "free" that I can pretty much eat what and how much I want on UD and still stay within a good range of my prefered weight (118-120). I just am not sure if eventually this will backfire on me. I usually count on DD's and try to stay from 500-600 calories since I am not counting on UD's

Thoughts??

12/19 120.8 (started JUDDD) UD
12/20 121.4 DD
12/21 120.4 UD
12/22 122.4 DD
12/23 120 UD
12/24 118.4 DD
12/25 118.4 UD
12/26 122 DD
12/27 121.4 UD
12/28 119.8 DD
12/29 119.4 UD
You're doing it right if you've been maintaining for 2 weeks and hovering right around your goal weight

I don't count on UD (FDs) either, other than to make sure I'm going to make the minimum calories, then I just forget about it. I do MUDDDg usually, which is 24 hour DD instead of 36, like regular JUDDD, and have still been able to maintain. We truly want this to be dieting only "every other day" as advertised by Dr. J so this is fine, if you're not gaining weight. Especially since you are having those low DD like that, and you are doing regular JUDDD, seems to me like you will have a nice wide gap between UD and DD, and the magic of JUDDD is quite intact for you!

MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:45 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
I started doing free days November 30th but I'm back to counting lately to get me back into the lower part of my range. I'm actually planning on doing 2 free days in a row Friday and Saturday due to parties.

It is very freeing having free days but it has been a slippery slope for me! I can really pack away the food at special occasions. Thank goodness I don't have any more planned after Saturday. I think you should try it and see how it goes. If you start to gain, just go back to counting. I think I'm going back to free days since I've been much more reasonable with my food choices the last few days. I hope it works for you because it really is great to not count calories every single day!
Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
FDs are good but only if you KNOW you will not overeat. I did fine with this concept for a bit but after a 3 pound gain from a FD holiday meal I decided I needed to rein myself in and I'm back to counting my UDs again, at least for a while until I am between my goal weights of 133/134 again and for a while to know they are sticking around.

If you think you can do it without going overboard then do it. If not I suggest you keep counting, at least until you are maintaining for longer than 2 weeks. I didn't start my FDs until about 1 month ago and after I had been maintaining for a couple of months.

But that is just me and not what I think you should or should not do. It's really up to you and what works for you, bottom line.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
I don't count on my UD's because it feels too much like a "diet" to me. But that's JMO. The reason I was really drawn to JUDDD was only having to diet & count every other day. I HATE counting calories (or anything) and find it so tedious! But every other day only up to 500 is a breeze! But I can see why some people do count on UP's but when I am in my weight loss mindset I don't have a problem with going overboard them.

Last winter I was in a weight loss challenge at work and lost 15-20 lbs. in 3 months and never counted on an UD. (I had about 40 lbs to lose so for me that was a pretty decent loss) And I never worried about not meeting my UD calorie level either.

I'd say that if it's working for you right now then don't worry about it. If you start to see too much of a gain then count on those UD's for a while until you feel like you're back in control.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:06 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
FDs are good but only if you KNOW you will not overeat. I did fine with this concept for a bit but after a 3 pound gain from a FD holiday meal I decided I needed to rein myself in and I'm back to counting my UDs again, at least for a while until I am between my goal weights of 133/134 again and for a while to know they are sticking around.

If you think you can do it without going overboard then do it. If not I suggest you keep counting, at least until you are maintaining for longer than 2 weeks. I didn't start my FDs until about 1 month ago and after I had been maintaining for a couple of months.

But that is just me and not what I think you should or should not do. It's really up to you and what works for you, bottom line.
Thanks, good feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggles View Post
I don't count on my UD's because it feels too much like a "diet" to me. But that's JMO. The reason I was really drawn to JUDDD was only having to diet & count every other day. I HATE counting calories (or anything) and find it so tedious! But every other day only up to 500 is a breeze! But I can see why some people do count on UP's but when I am in my weight loss mindset I don't have a problem with going overboard them.

Last winter I was in a weight loss challenge at work and lost 15-20 lbs. in 3 months and never counted on an UD. (I had about 40 lbs to lose so for me that was a pretty decent loss) And I never worried about not meeting my UD calorie level either.

I'd say that if it's working for you right now then don't worry about it. If you start to see too much of a gain then count on those UD's for a while until you feel like you're back in control.
Thanks for your feedback. How much did you find your weight ranged between a UD and DD?
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #8
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: jiggles
I never weigh myself after an UD, only DD's. Weight fluctuations can drive me crazy. In fact, I really only try weigh myself once a week. I did it a little more often during the challenge to make sure I was going in the right direction though but still only after a DD. Our weigh in day at work was every 2 weeks on Wed. and my DD schedule was Sunday, Tuesday & Thursday so that worked out nice.
jiggles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:08 AM   #9
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: LC..My "Don't Have To Think Because It's Simple"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post
Thanks, good feedback

Thanks for your feedback. How much did you find your weight ranged between a UD and DD?
You are welcome and even though this^^^ question was not directed toward me, I do weight everyday and I find a 1 to 2 pound gain after an UD and then right back to my maintenance weight after the following DD. When in weight loss mode it was the same but usually the UD gain weight would take a little more weight with it following the DD, so that 2 pound gain, let's say would be a 2.5 or 3 pound loss on the DD.

HTH
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote