Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   What are some JUDDD Kitchen staples? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/751517-what-some-juddd-kitchen-staples.html)

Jenn1225 12-29-2011 10:40 AM

What are some JUDDD Kitchen staples?

What are you sure to always have in your Kitchen for your DDs? Example: A baker would never be without flour lol.

janetsbreeze 12-29-2011 11:11 AM

I keep LC pitas, canned tuna and chicken, Laughing Cow cheeses, soups, cabbage ...

That's all I can think of right now!

julietcc 12-29-2011 11:14 AM

All of the above and a kitchen scale.

Also tea, crystal light, bouillon cubes, SF hard candy (I like Baskin Robbins), water, diet soda, and Diet Swiss Miss!

janetsbreeze 12-29-2011 11:15 AM

Julie, I forgot all those things! :)

sophiethecat 12-29-2011 11:16 AM

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...d-staples.html

Another one I can add to this now is grapefruit. I've been having a red grapefruit each day, and I find it can be eaten rather slowly - takes me 10 - 15 minutes, and the complexity of flavor (sweet + sour), plus all the juiciness is quite satisfying.

julietcc 12-29-2011 12:16 PM

Mmmm grapefruit. I haven't had one in years! I did buy a bag of pears a few days ago and I had forgotten how heavenly they are!

julietcc 12-29-2011 12:18 PM

Forgot SF gum (I like that chocolate mint one). Also brush your teeth when you have the munchies but don't want to eat yet. :laugh: I swear it works.

vilanteira 12-29-2011 12:40 PM

Low sodium V8! The electrolytes in it takes away the headachy jittery feeling I sometimes get on DDs when I fast until dinner, for a mere 30 calories per can. :up:

kel7298 12-29-2011 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julietcc (Post 15280978)
Forgot SF gum (I like that chocolate mint one). Also brush your teeth when you have the munchies but don't want to eat yet. :laugh: I swear it works.

I love this flavor too! (wish I had some)

itsmeshelly01 12-29-2011 04:31 PM

Mio water sweetener
Zucchini
Cabbage
Spinach
Romaine
Laughing cow cheese
Oat fiber
Psyllium
Fat free Greek yogurt
Canned shrimp
Canned pumpkin

Jenn1225 12-29-2011 04:49 PM

wow thanks guys!

dasiey 12-30-2011 02:15 PM

fat free hot dogs
turkey sausage
egg beaters.

pooticus 01-03-2012 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 (Post 15281554)
Mio water sweetener
Zucchini
Cabbage
Spinach
Romaine
Laughing cow cheese
Oat fiber
Psyllium
Fat free Greek yogurt
Canned shrimp
Canned pumpkin

This plus:

Kale
Swiss Chard
Mushrooms
Yellow Squash
Red Bell Pepper
Celery
Baby Carrots
Onions
Garlic
Ginger
Leeks/Green Onions
Granny Smith Apples
Chicken Stock
Glucomannan
Shiritaki Noodles
Coconut Flour
Carbquick
Xanthan Gum
Chicken Breasts
Frozen Shrimp
Turkey Breast - ground
97/4 Lean Ground Beef
Eye of Round Roast
Egg Whites
Olive Oil
Ghee
WF Balsamic Dressing
WF Bacon Ranch Dressing
ACV
Mustards of all kinds
Vinegars of all kinds
Hot Sauces of all kinds esp Sambal Oelek and Mrs. Renfro's Green Salsa and Pickled Pepper Sauce
Herbs and Spices of all kinds

Mommie22boys 01-03-2012 07:06 PM

Current must-have's:

Shredded angel hair style cabbage
Laughing cow light cheese wedges
SF flavored creamer
Coffee
Diet Swiss miss cocoa packets
Nescafe peppermint mocha instant coffee sticks
DaVinci's/splenda QP's/butterscotch flavoring ( for doctoring up coffee or my cocoa)
Knorr vegetarian vegetable boullion cubes
Extra apple pie flavored dessert gum
Diet cherry Pepsi
Bacon (yes, on a DD...weird, I know, but I save almost all of my calories for the day for dinner, so I've been frying up a strip of bacon for my cabbage/cheese stir-fry's most DD's lately)

SoHappy 01-03-2012 07:16 PM

I'm finally pretty much past the stage where I had separate high calorie and low calorie foods for the up and down calorie days, so about all I have now to make special use of on DDs are the shirataki noodles.

Mostly I just use *regular* food products every day now, relying more on low calorie food choices on DDs and enjoying the higher calorie foods on my UDs. It's just a lot easier, a lot cheaper, and fewer weird chemical additive frankenfoods.

rubidoux 01-03-2012 07:52 PM

I have really been relying on Good Earth Sweet and Spicy Tea (from costco) with 1/2 T of SF coffeemate. I make a big 16 ounce cup of it. The other thing I really like is comstock sugar free cherry pie filling. It's 35 calories for 1/3 of a cup and it's really yummy with ham or meatballs (ham on DD, meatballs on UD) for a little sweet and salty fix.

The other stuff is all stuff that people have said already -- shiritaki noodles and angelhair cabbage especially.

I've also been making homemade veg soup with 1 carton of beef broth (dh is allergic to chicken), 1 can diced tomatoes, one or two zucchinis and yellow summer squash, some green beans, a bag of cabbage slaw, an onion, and some garlic. It comes out to be around 130 cals for a pretty large bowl.

Beeb 01-03-2012 08:36 PM

I bought $12.00 worth of laughing cow wedges (4 different flavors at 2 for $6.00) and 10 cans of low cal chicken broth today!

These I could NOT live without on my DDs! :cry: