Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Starting with an UD...and weird thing I noticed. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/751515-starting-ud-weird-thing-i-noticed.html)

LadyKT 12-29-2011 10:35 AM

Starting with an UD...and weird thing I noticed.

So today's my official first UD! So i decided to have 1/2 a sandwich, with chips for lunch. While waiting to pay for my lunch, I noticed they had dried fruit at the checkout, so I picked up some. I ate the sandwich no problem, munched on a few chips and then decided, I didn't want the chips, so I threw the rest out and am now eating the dried fruit! i have never willingly tossed chips before!

Maybe it's because I was LC for a bit before this, but even the chocolate didn't seem appetizing - i wanted the dried fruit! :eek:

I love this stuff!

KeirasMom 12-29-2011 11:34 AM

I find I'm making healthier choices even on up days too. Something about knowing I can have the junk makes me not HAVE to have it. I've seen others post along those same lines. It's very freeing, even knowing it's purely psychological.

kel7298 12-29-2011 12:52 PM

No healthy food choices for me today. chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes w/gravy and fried okra! :yummy:

Beeb 12-29-2011 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel7298 (Post 15281071)
No healthy food choices for me today. chicken fried chicken, mashed potatoes w/gravy and fried okra! :yummy:

:up::clap: My kind of meal!!

I really think we now have so many more choices that we just eat what we REALLY want and know that if we want that "other" something we can have it on the next UD.

It's not a "I have to eat this now or lose it" type of mentality anymore. There is ALWAYS another UD 2 days from now! :up::clap:

kel7298 12-29-2011 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beeb (Post 15281087)

It's not a "I have to eat this now or lose it" type of mentality anymore. There is ALWAYS another UD 2 days from now! :up::clap:

Completely agree!

itsmeshelly01 12-29-2011 04:27 PM

I wish so bad I could eat like you guys do. I have actually gained weight and am bigger than have been in 2 yrs. I think it's the nuts. It has to be. I haven't gone crazy eating a ton of carbs but I have eating lot of nuts. Im gonna cut them off except for whole natural almonds. I don't have problem with them but the salty nuts are killing me I think. Especially peanuts. I love them but I don't think they are my friend. I weigh 148. Im so frustrated. It makes me want to give up but I know I can't. I just don't know what to do.

KeirasMom 12-29-2011 04:53 PM

Almonds can trigger yeast sensitivity. I know a lot of people experience rapid weight gain and inflammation with yeast sensitivity. Sadly, it doesn't even require bread. I'm not sure of all the symptoms or triggers, but we looked into it a little bit with my daughter because she has very sensitive skin. "Some" symptoms include eczema, psoriasis, chronic yeast infections, fungal infections, acne, weight gain, inability to lose weight or very slow weight loss, and on and on and on.

If you think the nuts might be a problem, I'd suggest looking into that. Even if you don't have an "allergy" you could be sensitive.

Wine2 12-29-2011 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 (Post 15281542)
I wish so bad I could eat like you guys do. I have actually gained weight and am bigger than have been in 2 yrs. I think it's the nuts. It has to be. I haven't gone crazy eating a ton of carbs but I have eating lot of nuts. Im gonna cut them off except for whole natural almonds. I don't have problem with them but the salty nuts are killing me I think. Especially peanuts. I love them but I don't think they are my friend. I weigh 148. Im so frustrated. It makes me want to give up but I know I can't. I just don't know what to do.

IMHO, 148 # doesn't sound too heavy. Do you mind me asking how tall you are? Or is it that you're concerned you'll gain all that you lost back? Wishing you god luck!!!

julietcc 12-29-2011 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsmeshelly01 (Post 15281542)

Nuts are a weakness for me, too. Are you measuring them out and counting all the calories? I don't buy them anymore because they are just too good. Maybe try to cut them out for a week or two and see what happens.

itsmeshelly01 12-30-2011 04:55 AM

I have been down to 135 before and i know that is a little too small for me. I looked way too thin but 140 is really good. I have been steadily going up in weight for the past few months. I am 5 ft 7 in. Its really frustrating. I am gonna cut out the nuts for a couple weeks and see what happens. I think that will be the hardest thing in the world for me to do. I used to be really good about measuring but i have gotten really lax in that and i think thats the problem. I will just grab the can and start munching. I was also keeping a can in my car, bad idea!!! Im hoping thats the culprit. It really has to be. I cant think of anything else it could possibly be. Its the saltiness of the nuts that really gets me. I think i would be better off adding more carbs and having less calories from those dang nuts!!!