Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
Whoops on UD!

I just started this week on JUDDD and after yesterday's UD where I ate every carby thing and sweets in sight I know now that UD eating like that won't work for me. I realized that I only had read and paid attention to the DD food calorie posts not the UD posts for my info! Today I read many of the UD posts and had an OMG moment. The UD will be more successful for me if I keep it low carb that way I won't binge on carbs and go way past my calories for an UD. I will do this tomorrow on my next UD!!

Beth
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 11:19 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I am trying to do the same, but it's hard because low carb foods tend to be high calorie. I do think it's healthier and I'll do better sticking to it if I can avoid the carbs, though.

Yesterday I went shopping and bought so many foods I wouldn't have considered before starting JUDDD, low fat diet versions of things. I think many of them will be one time things that I won't like anyhow. And maybe a couple will come in handy even if they are a little carbier than I would otherwise like.

This morning I was going to have some low fat cottage cheese -- 160 cals for a cup -- and it was so gross. lol I have had regular full fat cottage cheese lately and it tastes so much better and has a totally different mouth feel. So, I tossed the LFCC and had some full fat ricotta instead for a whopping 360 cals. Gah! But I think (hope!) I will feel fuller longer having eaten it instead.

I need to read Good Calories, Bad Calories again just to drill it all home, yk? I think Taubes is so right about so many things.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post
I am trying to do the same, but it's hard because low carb foods tend to be high calorie. I do think it's healthier and I'll do better sticking to it if I can avoid the carbs, though.

Yesterday I went shopping and bought so many foods I wouldn't have considered before starting JUDDD, low fat diet versions of things. I think many of them will be one time things that I won't like anyhow. And maybe a couple will come in handy even if they are a little carbier than I would otherwise like.

This morning I was going to have some low fat cottage cheese -- 160 cals for a cup -- and it was so gross. lol I have had regular full fat cottage cheese lately and it tastes so much better and has a totally different mouth feel. So, I tossed the LFCC and had some full fat ricotta instead for a whopping 360 cals. Gah! But I think (hope!) I will feel fuller longer having eaten it instead.

I need to read Good Calories, Bad Calories again just to drill it all home, yk? I think Taubes is so right about so many things.
I also came around to the point where I nixed the low-fat, low-calorie versions of foods (unless I really liked them on their own) after a while on JUDDD. I couldn't stomach the fat-free hotdogs, for example. I naturally started gravitating back to the regular foods that make me personally feel better and satisfied. Just the way my body works.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I think we all start out as "kids in the candy shop" when we start JUDDD because now we are allowed to have all those carby things we couldn't have! My first shopping trip was just and before I got to the register I stopped to look at all the junk I had bought and rethought my purchases. I even talked about this on one of the threads here and our wonderful Pat (SoHappy) agreed it's something most of us do.

But, reality does check in after the first UD or 2 and most of us decide to go back to the "good" carbs that we learned and loved to eat while doing LC.

And as for DDs, I, for one, bought all the low cal stuff at first and then after about 1 month I just either finished it and never bought it again, or threw it out. I like "real" food and with the exception of a couple of Walden Farms items and low cal mayo I pretty much just stick to veggies, protein and whole grains with spices added for favor on my DDs. I use condiments now that are low in cals naturally, like mustard and pickles, and just eat good, whole foods.

It's a "live and learn" WOE, our wonderful JUDDD and we all find, over time, what works best for us!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:50 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Thanks guys for your input! I too don't like frankenfood as I found out during all the years doing LC! Yuk. So tomorrow on DD I'm using my cal's on LC REAL food.
Old 12-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine2 View Post
Thanks guys for your input! I too don't like frankenfood as I found out during all the years doing LC! Yuk. So tomorrow on DD I'm using my cal's on LC REAL food.
and sounds like a great plan!!
Old 12-30-2011, 06:00 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/160/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Wine2, when I first started LCing a few years back, I found a wonderful recipe in the recipe forum here. It was "Wine2's Italian Casserole": chicken, cream cheese, tomato sauce and parmesan. It became one of my "go to" LC dinners, and my husband LOVES it. I always wondered who Wine2 was, and I'm thrilled to see you at last!!

Of course, if it's not you, I'll feel like an idiot , so please put me out of my misery if you read this
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:32 AM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Alright I'll admit it...I had me an oops yesterday too. But it wasn't bad - See I had dinner w/ a friend and had a glass of wine w/ dinner. I think the wine set off a chocolate craving, so after I left the restaurant, I went to CVS and bought some discount holiday chocolate (dark M&Ms for my dispenser and some dove chocolates AND a big cup reese cup). I ate the Reese before i even left the parking lot, and then when I got home, I tore into the Dove but only had 3 pieces. I'm proud of myself b/c usually I could probably eat that entire bag. So i'm glad it's a DD today because I'm being extra good.

But now I have all this candy sitting in my cabinets. DBF will probably finish off the M&Ms (did I mention we even started a weight loss challenge against each other?!?! ) and the dove I'll save for next thursday when my friend comes over for pizza, wine & gabbing

Add me as a friend! Facebook

BodyCombat Certified (5/13/13)
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 06:54 AM   #9
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 1400 cals/70g carbs/85% Primal
I had dinner at my mothers and did well, then sampled a "cinnamon crispy" and it was on! I had such awful cravings for bread that I ended up eating way too many carbs. No info on the cinnamon devil but it's a large, flat pastry about the size of a tortilla that's dusted with cinnamon and sugar. It must be baked, too, because the edges were all caramelized.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:36 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Quote:
the cinnamon devil
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dottie View Post
I had dinner at my mothers and did well, then sampled a "cinnamon crispy" and it was on! I had such awful cravings for bread that I ended up eating way too many carbs. No info on the cinnamon devil but it's a large, flat pastry about the size of a tortilla that's dusted with cinnamon and sugar. It must be baked, too, because the edges were all caramelized.
I WANT ONE!!!!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:30 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
Wine2, when I first started LCing a few years back, I found a wonderful recipe in the recipe forum here. It was "Wine2's Italian Casserole": chicken, cream cheese, tomato sauce and parmesan. It became one of my "go to" LC dinners, and my husband LOVES it. I always wondered who Wine2 was, and I'm thrilled to see you at last!!

Of course, if it's not you, I'll feel like an idiot , so please put me out of my misery if you read this
HA! I remember you, too, Alcestis! Yes, that was my recipe. I'm glad you like it! I had maintained a LC diet and my weight for 4 years then when I turned 50yo I began gaining back all the weight, so I sorta gave up until I saw Beeb's post talking about JUDDD. I so happy to see you guys and be in such a supportive group!
Old 12-30-2011, 10:35 AM   #13
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I WANT ONE!!!!
Just say NO!
It was deceptive: very thin, not fried - you know "healthy"(ish)" lol
Old 12-30-2011, 10:37 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Are you the same "Dottie" from LC recipe Forum with the cream of mushroom soup recipe (and others)?
Old 12-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #15
Administrator

Yeppers, that would be me
Old 12-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I used so many of your recipes! Happy to see all my old (as in past, not age hahaha) LC recipe family.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
Administrator

Thank you I do love to cook!
Old 12-30-2011, 02:29 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/160/155 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I love a happy reunion
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 03:52 AM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
It is amazing how many weight-loss, healthy life style journeys seem to arrive safely at home with JUDDD.

It is wonderful how many JUDDDers who have reached goal hang around to offer advice and encouragement. And to share their maintenance journey!
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote