Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: LadyKT
Stats: 159/153/125 - 5'3"
WOE: Ah Ah Ah Ah Stayin' Alive, Stayin' Alive.
Hi all, new to JUDDD

Hi All - While i'm not new to these parts (been on the lobby for a while), was trying LC but realizing while it's easy for me, i'm absolutely starving and that's really no way to live, so i was thinking of trying JUDDD with a moderate carb (i'm not hungry when i eat carbs, actually i'm quite stuffed). I have a few questions though and was wondering if you guys could help me out. K, here goes:

1. How does one survive a DD without falling over? I tried to do a "test DD" about a week ago - yeah skipping meals isn't for me. So how does one do it? I guess i could eat 500 cals of veggies?

2. Do you exercise on DDs?

3. Do you keep a set 500/1500 (or whatever the percentage is) or do you alternate and flex, like 500/1000/1500?

This is all I can think to ask for now. Thanks for any help!

Add me as a friend! Facebook

BodyCombat Certified (5/13/13)
LadyKT is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2011, 12:31 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm still fairly new too. I just finished my second week.

DDs are not nearly as hard as I thought they'd be. I was really freaked out by the 500 C limit, and I have yet to even make it up to 500 C on a DD.

There are a couple of threads with DD menus and recipe ideas. I strongly recommend you take a look at those. They've helped me enormously. Today is a DD for me and I've had a kamut cake (like a rice cake) with light cheese and peppers, a cup of broth, some coffee, and I'm about to make lunch. Lunch will be shirataki noodles, cabbage, mushrooms, peppers, a nathan's 97% fat free hotdog, some more light cheese all stirfried together.

As you can see, that's quite a bit of food and I will have consumed 199 calories after lunch, leaving me 301 for dinner. Once you get the hang of it, you can have quite a bit of good food on a DD.

Regarding exercise, I'm not the one to ask. I've been pretty lax about it on up and down days.

Flexing calories: Some do, some don't. I don't, but it's a YMMV thing. The plan indicates you should do a strict rotation for the first two weeks, but after that, you can tweak how you feel would work best for you. I am comfortable so far with the straight UD/DD/UD/DD rotation.

HTH!
and

10/24/11 @ 277.6
January 2014 @ 145
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I know that we'll all direct you to check other threads - there are some good ones!!

B: Boiled Egg (70-90 Cals)
L: Soup (as you make it or as it comes) (150?)
D: 4 oz fish (104), steak (144), chicken (165) and a salad or some cooked veg (60-80)

This would add up to 485 cals for the higher levels.

If you have a look around - you'll find you can eat quite a bit.

My Mum (Kissa) exercises on DD - with out any problems!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
LadyKT.

I avoided JUDDD for months because I thought NO WAY would I be able to eat only 500 calories. I would see it mentioned on the Main Lobby but never really read much about it. One day, I decided to just read about it and do it. I wanted to eat like a normal person again. After my first one or two DDs, it was easy! Do a lot of reading around here to get some good ideas about what to eat.

You will read time and time again about how many of us actually look forward to and enjoy our down days. We aren't lying or trying to rationalize to ourselves either! I love down days because JUDDD is working it's magic and the scale nearly always drops, I feel skinny on DDs, and I prove to myself that I really can control my eating. It's also sort of a fun challenge to see how much food you can get into your allotment. Many of us have found foods that really fill us up and we go back to those foods often. My favorites are homemade or Progresso Light soups, or the cabbage, laughing cow cheese, and chicken combo. It's been awhile since I actually felt real hunger on a down day. On UDs, it is so great to be able to eat a cookie or pizza if I want.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
LadyKT.

I avoided JUDDD for months because I thought NO WAY would I be able to eat only 500 calories. I would see it mentioned on the Main Lobby but never really read much about it. One day, I decided to just read about it and do it. I wanted to eat like a normal person again. After my first one or two DDs, it was easy! Do a lot of reading around here to get some good ideas about what to eat.

You will read time and time again about how many of us actually look forward to and enjoy our down days. We aren't lying or trying to rationalize to ourselves either! I love down days because JUDDD is working it's magic and the scale nearly always drops, I feel skinny on DDs, and I prove to myself that I really can control my eating. It's also sort of a fun challenge to see how much food you can get into your allotment. Many of us have found foods that really fill us up and we go back to those foods often. My favorites are homemade or Progresso Light soups, or the cabbage, laughing cow cheese, and chicken combo. It's been awhile since I actually felt real hunger on a down day. On UDs, it is so great to be able to eat a cookie or pizza if I want.
For DDs i was thinking of soup for lunch! it's low calorie (if i get like cream of chicken or even HC split pea) AND filling. win win! What's good with me doing JUDDD, is that some nights I just don't feel like eating dinner - so I don't have to if it's a DD. I'm usually hungriest in the a.m., like 9-11 a.m. After that, i'm good.

And yes, Cookies & PIZZA! Hurray! Also I should mention that i'm a former M&M addict - I have a dispenser too. I was afraid Miss Green M&M was going to have to go in the trash - not anymore! DBF will be very happy
Old 12-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
I'm a cookie fanatic and I had quite a few in the beginning (some M&Ms too). What's great about JUDDD is if something yummy crosses your path on a DD, you can just tuck it away and eat it the next day
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKT View Post
Hi All - While i'm not new to these parts (been on the lobby for a while), was trying LC but realizing while it's easy for me, i'm absolutely starving and that's really no way to live, so i was thinking of trying JUDDD with a moderate carb (i'm not hungry when i eat carbs, actually i'm quite stuffed). I have a few questions though and was wondering if you guys could help me out. K, here goes:

1. How does one survive a DD without falling over? I tried to do a "test DD" about a week ago - yeah skipping meals isn't for me. So how does one do it? I guess i could eat 500 cals of veggies?

2. Do you exercise on DDs?

3. Do you keep a set 500/1500 (or whatever the percentage is) or do you alternate and flex, like 500/1000/1500?

This is all I can think to ask for now. Thanks for any help!
and I have much info for you and threads you can read but before I post them I want to suggest you try to NOT think that JUDDD DDs are about skipping meals. I don't know anyone who does this on purpose, but we do it sometimes because when the JUDDD appetite suppression kicks in we are just not hungry. Plus, there is no flex, like 500/1000/1500. Throwing a MD in there right in the beginning is not going to help JUDDD to work it's magic for you. You really need to do the plan as it's written, at least for the first 2 weeks to give it a chance. Here is a link that will explain what I mean with this statement. JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE, 2 WEEKS IS ALL!!.

Will be posting more links later, short on time now, but I would like to suggest you figure out your DD and UD calories and start reading all the info on our forum. Doing JUDDD the right way makes all the difference, as many will tell you, in the beginning. After that, when you get the hang of it, you will find what tweaks work for you but in the mean time give the plan a chance, as written and suggested.

Here is a link to help figure out your DD/UD cals. http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...lculators.html

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Beeb! That post is very helpful.
Old 12-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I suggest you start by doing the same thing I did -- go through the "Down Day Recipes" thread, copy off the recipes that sound good to you, compile a shopping list, and make a few DD plans. The first day was a challenge for me but now my DDs are no problem at all -- and I'm someone who started with a LOT of fear about the DD calorie restriction. Ironically, it's my UP days that are an issue!
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:40 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wine2
Stats: 5'7 53 y.o.189/175/165 (size:14,12,10)
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 12/26/11
Eggbeaters (egg whites) are pure protein and only 30 cal for 1 "egg". I make a 4 "egg" scramble for only 150 cals! I usually like a TBL of real bacon pieces in it for an extra 25 cals if I really want it. It's also a good vehicle to cook your veggies. I'm also a soup lover so all the "light soups" work great on DD!
Wine2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:41 AM   #11
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
More links, as promised! These should give you some "food for thought" and help with some of your questions. JUDDD is easy and effective when we work the plan as suggested until we get the hang of this WOE, and after a while you will figure out what works for you and what doesn't, as many of us have done with great success!

Using My DD Calories NOT Wisely!

Down Days recipes ONLY

JUDDD: Down Day Menus and Recipes

What Did YOU Do To Get To That JUDDD "Magic"?

Don't Let Those DD Calories Scare You Into NOT Trying JUDDD!

Tell Us Your Fears!!

The Scale, She "BOUNCES"!!

Things I NEVER thought would happen...

DD fast food suggestions

Do you start with an UD or DD?

I feel silly even asking this but...

Last edited by Beeb; 12-29-2011 at 08:43 AM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:46 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I eat soup almost every day of my DDs. It's easy to take to work and heat and eat. Plus, it is filling!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
I eat soup almost every day of my DDs. It's easy to take to work and heat and eat. Plus, it is filling!
I agree, but come summertime I'll have to switch to gazpacho soup! As I don't like eating soup when it is hot out! I've never tried gazpacho but the recipes look really fresh and yummy!
Old 12-29-2011, 08:54 AM   #14
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
That is a great idea, to eat a cold soup in the warm months!
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:06 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kel7298
Stats: Maintenance
WOE: 5:2
Start Date: October 2011
1. How does one survive a DD without falling over? I tried to do a "test DD" about a week ago - yeah skipping meals isn't for me. So how does one do it? I guess i could eat 500 cals of veggies? My first couple DD's were a bit hard but now I just kinda wing them. If I am hungry I eat, if not, I save the calories for when I am. Salads, protein, coffee, soups...must haves.

2. Do you exercise on DDs? Yes! I exercise Mon-Fri for 45 min...

3. Do you keep a set 500/1500 (or whatever the percentage is) or do you alternate and flex, like 500/1000/1500? I try to keep my DD at 500/600 and my UD 1600/1700. Once in a while I go over, but I don't beat myself up over it.

It's not about PERFECT. It's about EFFORT. And when you implement that effort into your life...EVERY SINGLE DAY, that's where transformation happens. That's how change occurs. KEEP GOING. Remember why you STARTED.

I have not smoked a cigarette in over 1400 days!
kel7298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I'm new also and I've found that drinking SF tea, chicken broth and lots of water fills the remaining part of my stomach when it growls helps a little. Good luck!
Old 12-29-2011, 01:48 PM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine2 View Post
I'm new also and I've found that drinking SF tea, chicken broth and lots of water fills the remaining part of my stomach when it growls helps a little. Good luck!
Thanks!! I think soup is the winner.
Old 12-29-2011, 01:51 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: fozzie99
Stats: 410/298/200 6' 0" 57 years old
WOE: HCG with EFGT meals now just EFGT low cal
Start Date: 7/23/2011
UDs are tougher than DDs by far
fozzie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:07 PM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Katie!

1. You do adapt to less calories. You'll find with experimentation what foods will help you through DD the best, by making you feel full and satisfied for longer. I also allow up to 800 calories on my DD now, though I usually don't go that high. I try to keep around 500-600 but it's a relief to know the extra calories are there if I need them. I also soon found I can easily skip breakfast and just drink black coffee all morning until I have a late lunch. This helps me save calories for when I really need them - in the evening so I don't have to go to bed on an empty stomach.

2. No, but I'm lazy and don't exercise at all, on any days. I will start up a regimen before too long, but it seems like I let it drop by Fall and sort of go into hibernation until after the New Year each year. When I do start exercising again, I will do it on DD since I've adapted to them. When I first started JUDDD, I couldn't imagine having the energy to exercise, but as the body adapts, it seems I have plenty of energy on DD. I'll probably have a small protein food before and/or after the exercise.

3. On weight loss mode, I tried to keep around 500 DD, although allowing myself more calories if needed, up to 600-700. I made sure to get at least 1,600-1,700 calories on UD. I didn't do MD too much, but those would sometimes be needed to change up the schedule or for a event where I needed more calories than a DD. For best weight loss results, I tried to stick to the UD/DD rotation.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 02:08 PM   #20
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: sazzie
Stats: Maintaining ±4 lbs.
I'm chiming in on the liquids: chicken broth, Lite Progresso soups, green teas, plenty of H20 spritzed with lemon juice.

Even though I've not been to the gym lately, I had been going on my DDs, and didn't have any problems, probably due to the fact that I had good substantial eating on the previous UD.

I actually do better with my weight training on DDs.
sazzie is offline   Reply With Quote