Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Vegas, baby!

We are heading to Laughlin, NV Sunday and Monday next week, then on to Las Vegas Tuesday and Wednesday. That gives me one UD and one DD at each location. Oh the possibilities! I do believe my UDs will most likely turn into FDs! Though one UD and one DD will be spent mostly in the car as it's about 6 hours from here one way.

Anybody have good suggestions for travelling?
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Pack some goodies in a cooler and have a great time! I'd be packing easy things like fruit, string cheese, water, diet soda, veggies, etc.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:02 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
Nuts and jerky, or if you have a cooler, definitely second the suggestions for cheese, water, cut up veggies. I even bring bacon and boiled eggs, or things like salmon/tuna muffins etc.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #4
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
Pack some goodies in a cooler and have a great time! I'd be packing easy things like fruit, string cheese, water, diet soda, veggies, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
Nuts and jerky, or if you have a cooler, definitely second the suggestions for cheese, water, cut up veggies. I even bring bacon and boiled eggs, or things like salmon/tuna muffins etc.
Both great ideas and I would also bring some SF hard candies to suck on when you get bored. I eat when I'm bored and these always help!!

Have a WONDERFUL time!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 06:54 AM   #5

We got back last night and I'm so proud of how well we both did. We brought plenty of snacks along and ended up not even touching them. I had allowed myself to go up to 800 calories on the two DDs and ended up at 486 and 334 those days. I did not go over UD calories either despite several buffets where I was meticulous about counting everything. I'm sure hoping for a good number on the scale.

We walked and walked and walked. Every part of my body's aching. I've heard while muscle is repairing itself, it holds onto water. Should I way tomorrow, or give it a few days?

Thanks ladies for all your help!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
Old 01-05-2012, 09:51 PM   #6
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeirasMom View Post
We got back last night and I'm so proud of how well we both did. We brought plenty of snacks along and ended up not even touching them. I had allowed myself to go up to 800 calories on the two DDs and ended up at 486 and 334 those days. I did not go over UD calories either despite several buffets where I was meticulous about counting everything. I'm sure hoping for a good number on the scale.

We walked and walked and walked. Every part of my body's aching. I've heard while muscle is repairing itself, it holds onto water. Should I way tomorrow, or give it a few days?

Thanks ladies for all your help!
back and I'm looking forward to reading how you did with your weight! I have to believe you must have done very well because you kept to your DD numbers and was careful on your UDs!

Much better than I would have done! WTG!!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 04:03 AM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 267.6/257/140
WOE: JUDDD/Paul McKenna
Start Date: 9 Nov 2014
An inspiration!!

Tomorrow I head off on a week's 'ski-ing' holiday (I'm not ski-ing!! but others are). The hotel is half board and we all like a drink!!!

However, seeing how well you've done on your trip - I too can do this!

I've already pretty much decided to allow myself a boiled egg for brekky on my DD - try for no lunch, or something light (protein & fat) then be careful with the dinner and eat around what they have on the menu.
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:06 AM   #8

Thanks ladies. Vicky, you're going to do fine. I so wish I could go skiing! We have a couple of resorts within 2 hours of here, but we're having such a mild winter, there's just not much snow up in the mountains.

I weighed (not way like in my previous post ) this morning and am happy to report a 2.4 lb loss since 12/31. I only weigh after a DD and yesterday was 238 calories, so it was a particularly good one. Hoping this number sticks as my first goal was to be 250 by DH's birthday Feb. 20.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:53 AM   #9

Gallery: SoHappy
Stats: obese/slimmer
WOE: JUDDD!!!
Dawn, I'm inspired by how well you did on your LV vacation. Good job! And what a nice weight loss reward you got from it. Yay!

Vicky, have fun on your ski vacation too. I'll bet you also do a good job. The nice thing about JUDDD is that we actually can have days eating and drinking like normal people, and our resolve and ability to not have them every single day of our lives - especially during our weight loss period - lets us just continue with our weight loss while we party and play with our friends. Woo Hoo!

Dawn, I wonder if you won't even see a bit more loss shown on the scale after your muscles recover from all the walking. That would be a nice little extra bonus.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:43 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: mrsdewinter
Stats: 149.9/146.6/116 - 5'4
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 26/12/2011
Uhoh sounds fun!

Good luck with your dds and enjoy the rest!!!!!
mrsdewinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHappy View Post
Dawn, I'm inspired by how well you did on your LV vacation. Good job! And what a nice weight loss reward you got from it. Yay!

Vicky, have fun on your ski vacation too. I'll bet you also do a good job. The nice thing about JUDDD is that we actually can have days eating and drinking like normal people, and our resolve and ability to not have them every single day of our lives - especially during our weight loss period - lets us just continue with our weight loss while we party and play with our friends. Woo Hoo!

Dawn, I wonder if you won't even see a bit more loss shown on the scale after your muscles recover from all the walking. That would be a nice little extra bonus.
That would be amazing! I'm hoping it works like that. I'm going skating in the morning and bought a walking DVD, so I'm really trying to get that exercise in.

I use *** to track my calories and the day that I was under 350 calories, we walked so much it put my NET calories at 10! That was pretty cool.