Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Vegas, baby! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/751126-vegas-baby.html)

KeirasMom 12-27-2011 04:31 PM

Vegas, baby!

We are heading to Laughlin, NV Sunday and Monday next week, then on to Las Vegas :sing: Tuesday and Wednesday. That gives me one UD and one DD at each location. Oh the possibilities! I do believe my UDs will most likely turn into FDs! :yummy: Though one UD and one DD will be spent mostly in the car as it's about 6 hours from here one way.

Anybody have good suggestions for travelling?

julietcc 12-27-2011 05:36 PM

Pack some goodies in a cooler and have a great time! I'd be packing easy things like fruit, string cheese, water, diet soda, veggies, etc.

vilanteira 12-27-2011 06:02 PM

Nuts and jerky, or if you have a cooler, definitely second the suggestions for cheese, water, cut up veggies. I even bring bacon and boiled eggs, or things like salmon/tuna muffins etc.

Beeb 12-27-2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julietcc (Post 15276805)
Pack some goodies in a cooler and have a great time! I'd be packing easy things like fruit, string cheese, water, diet soda, veggies, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vilanteira (Post 15276845)
Nuts and jerky, or if you have a cooler, definitely second the suggestions for cheese, water, cut up veggies. I even bring bacon and boiled eggs, or things like salmon/tuna muffins etc.

Both great ideas :goodpost: and I would also bring some SF hard candies to suck on when you get bored. I eat when I'm bored and these always help!!

Have a WONDERFUL time!! :hugs::jumpjoy:

KeirasMom 01-05-2012 05:54 AM

We got back last night and I'm so proud of how well we both did. We brought plenty of snacks along and ended up not even touching them. I had allowed myself to go up to 800 calories on the two DDs and ended up at 486 and 334 those days. I did not go over UD calories either despite several buffets where I was meticulous about counting everything. I'm sure hoping for a good number on the scale.

We walked and walked and walked. Every part of my body's aching. I've heard while muscle is repairing itself, it holds onto water. Should I way tomorrow, or give it a few days?

Thanks ladies for all your help!

Beeb 01-05-2012 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15299251)
We got back last night and I'm so proud of how well we both did. We brought plenty of snacks along and ended up not even touching them. I had allowed myself to go up to 800 calories on the two DDs and ended up at 486 and 334 those days. I did not go over UD calories either despite several buffets where I was meticulous about counting everything. I'm sure hoping for a good number on the scale.

We walked and walked and walked. Every part of my body's aching. I've heard while muscle is repairing itself, it holds onto water. Should I way tomorrow, or give it a few days?

Thanks ladies for all your help!

:welcome: back and I'm looking forward to reading how you did with your weight! I have to believe you must have done very well because you kept to your DD numbers and was careful on your UDs!

Much better than I would have done! :o:doh: WTG!!! :high5::jumpjoy:

MintQ8 01-06-2012 03:03 AM

An inspiration!!

Tomorrow I head off on a week's 'ski-ing' holiday (I'm not ski-ing!! but others are). The hotel is half board and we all like a drink!!!

However, seeing how well you've done on your trip - I too can do this!

I've already pretty much decided to allow myself a boiled egg for brekky on my DD - try for no lunch, or something light (protein & fat) then be careful with the dinner and eat around what they have on the menu.

KeirasMom 01-06-2012 05:06 AM

Thanks ladies. Vicky, you're going to do fine. I so wish I could go skiing! We have a couple of resorts within 2 hours of here, but we're having such a mild winter, there's just not much snow up in the mountains.

I weighed (not way like in my previous post :o ) this morning and am happy to report a 2.4 lb loss since 12/31. I only weigh after a DD and yesterday was 238 calories, so it was a particularly good one. Hoping this number sticks as my first goal was to be 250 by DH's birthday Feb. 20.

SoHappy 01-06-2012 05:53 AM

Dawn, I'm inspired by how well you did on your LV vacation. Good job! And what a nice weight loss reward you got from it. Yay!

Vicky, have fun on your ski vacation too. I'll bet you also do a good job. The nice thing about JUDDD is that we actually can have days eating and drinking like normal people, and our resolve and ability to not have them every single day of our lives - especially during our weight loss period - lets us just continue with our weight loss while we party and play with our friends. Woo Hoo!

Dawn, I wonder if you won't even see a bit more loss shown on the scale after your muscles recover from all the walking. That would be a nice little extra bonus.

mrsdewinter 01-06-2012 10:43 AM

Uhoh sounds fun!

Good luck with your dds and enjoy the rest!!!!!

KeirasMom 01-06-2012 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoHappy (Post 15302340)
Dawn, I'm inspired by how well you did on your LV vacation. Good job! And what a nice weight loss reward you got from it. Yay!

Vicky, have fun on your ski vacation too. I'll bet you also do a good job. The nice thing about JUDDD is that we actually can have days eating and drinking like normal people, and our resolve and ability to not have them every single day of our lives - especially during our weight loss period - lets us just continue with our weight loss while we party and play with our friends. Woo Hoo!

Dawn, I wonder if you won't even see a bit more loss shown on the scale after your muscles recover from all the walking. That would be a nice little extra bonus.

That would be amazing! I'm hoping it works like that. I'm going skating in the morning and bought a walking DVD, so I'm really trying to get that exercise in.

I use *** to track my calories and the day that I was under 350 calories, we walked so much it put my NET calories at 10! That was pretty cool.