Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   A Christmas To Forget (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/750908-christmas-forget.html)

Majella 12-27-2011 01:57 PM

A Christmas To Forget

It all started so well. Went to be with my sister and her oh and child in their holiday home near my parents. My sister came in our room Christmas morning and I was all prepared for her to shot lets go open the pressies but it wasn t that. There had been a tragic suicide in her in-laws family. I was also battling some sort of kidney infection I had hoped would disappear with lots of cranberry juice...it didn't. So I dressed my nephew aged 1.5yrs old and we went to open the gifts and tried to be happy for him. We went to my parents for dinner, I had 2 glasses of wine enjoying a conversation with my father and avoiding cooking or cleaning anything :laugh: we pulled crackers, ate too much and watched a silly movie on tv. My father is not in good health and needs help getting about and on a trip to the loo he had a small seizure and another 20min later after we got him back to his chair. This has happened before but because my mom was the only one there she didnt realize it was a seizure and just says he passes out. So we called an ambulance and spent the evening waiting for news. Poor man has double pneumonia and they are looking into the seizures with a brain scan in the next few days. My father is comfortable now but how awful to be in Hospital at this time of year.

Im not getting better either so my oh got a doctor today and I start antibiotics tomorrow for 10 dam days. We are going away Saturday for 3 nights and have a 6 hour drive to get there but I can sleep and I really want to get away now. My DD and UP have blurred into one and have a lack of appetite lately but I did comfort eat yesterday and today. Ill cut back tomorrow and I know the antibiotics will make me feel nauseated. I have to open the shop Thursday and Friday but only from 1 to 4. OK all done complaining now :(

theredhead 12-27-2011 02:23 PM

Majella, you've had a rotten time. I'm so sorry your Christmas has been marred by tragedy and illness. I hope your dad gets better quickly, and that your infection clears up soon. I've put you on my prayer list.

Do your DDs as best you can, and you'll get through this. Things'll calm down and you can get right back to it. Just try to control the damage for now. Brighter days are ahead! :console:

kel7298 12-27-2011 03:19 PM

I am sorry you had such an eventful Christmas. We had one of those last year, tho I will spare you the details. I hope you and your father get to feeling better soon.

dasiey 12-27-2011 03:29 PM

:console:

julietcc 12-27-2011 03:40 PM

That's rough. I hope your dad is doing better and you are feeling better. Your poor sister, too! :hugs:

Beeb 12-27-2011 07:31 PM

All I want to do is give you the BIGGEST :console: and remind you that when life settles down, JUDDD will be right here waiting for you!

Don't stress, get better, and have a good time away.

:console::hugs:

sophiethecat 12-27-2011 08:00 PM

Majella, So sorry to hear about the rough times you and your family had at Christmas! :console: Hope your Dad and the rest of your loved ones are OK! :hugs:

mattsmama 12-28-2011 05:45 AM

I am so sorry that your life has been rough lately. My heart really goes out to you.

I truly hope things look up for you soon. :hugs:

:heart::heart::heart:

KeirasMom 12-28-2011 06:16 AM

What a rough end to 2011. I wish nothing but the best 2012 has to offer!

handbells 12-28-2011 08:29 AM

:hugs:

julietcc 12-28-2011 09:19 AM

How are you all doing, Majella? :hugs:

gotsomeold 12-29-2011 02:41 AM

Sometimes the horrors just pile up, don't they? I am so very glad you were there to help your sister's children and recognize your father needed medical attention asap. I am so sorry all that happened while you were ill yourself!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Please let us know how you and your family are doing (and vent).

JKat 12-29-2011 04:06 AM

I am so sorry. My mom too has been hopitilized. Its been tough:console:

Majella 12-29-2011 08:06 AM

Thanks for all the support. My father came home today and is on antibiotics, his seizures are caused by his heart condition and his brain scan was clear. Hell go back to see the doctor in 6 weeks. My antibiotics are making me tired and sick but Im hoping itll wear off in a few days. Im trying to eat healthy because I can feel an overgrowth of yeast building up. But Im looking ahead to a new year with new possibilities and Im greatful for the life I have and the people in my life. All I really want is to be here this time next year with all my family,cats and dog!