Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Tips for making it through your UP days

When I started JUDDD I never dreamed that up days would be more of a challenge than my down days. Down days are EASY. I have about six different things that I eat, I plan out each meal in advance, and anything else that I want I delay until the next day. Even if I'm a little hungry at night, they're still pretty much a breeze.

But up days? Sheesh. I either wind up with about a million calories at the end of the day and no desire to eat (and if I don't eat ALL my UD calories, I don't lose) or I go nuts and eat way over my allotment. I'm not sure what the key is, yet, so I'm hoping for some suggestions from you more experienced people.

So far the one thing I'm finding that helps is to eat three actual meals, not just grazing through the day (which always has me thinking about the next thing I want to eat, and the next, and the next...)
So far: 0/10
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
I am struggling with this, too. I was doing free days for awhile but I'm back to counting most days because I've been going way overboard. I'll still do an occasional free day probably but I just don't trust myself yet. SoHappy once suggested having a calorie limit for each meal, say 500-600 calories. I'm going to try that and also avoid snacking. I'm anxious to hear what works for other people.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: vilanteira
Stats: in maintenance
WOE: juddd/low carb
Start Date: low carb: 2008, juddd: 10/24/11
I find what helps me is definitely to plan ahead on UDs same as I do for DDs. I even start entering stuff into my meal planner to add up calories the day before. Also yes, it really makes things easier on UDs for me to eat 3 square meals (with option of a snack), which I think for me is part of planning ahead and knowing what I'm gonna eat before I do it.
vilanteira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.6/149 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilanteira View Post
I find what helps me is definitely to plan ahead on UDs same as I do for DDs. I even start entering stuff into my meal planner to add up calories the day before. Also yes, it really makes things easier on UDs for me to eat 3 square meals (with option of a snack), which I think for me is part of planning ahead and knowing what I'm gonna eat before I do it.
I'm still a JUDDD novice, but I totally agree. I almost have to plan my UDs more than my DDs or it can veer crazily from one extreme to the other.
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:40 PM   #5
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
I find that what helps me is planning out the calories I want to use for each meal. I tend to eat small breakfast calories but I also don't start eating until I'm actually hungry, not because it's breakfast time. A medium calorie lunch and most of my calories are saved for a nice, big dinner and a snack later in the evening. Even doing FDs this is working great.

If I have a big breakfast, though I tend to then go a little lunch and a medium dinner.

Eating just one big meal on my UDs seems to do the trick for me and also limiting my snacking. Snacking can be a problem for me in the evening so I plan that out carefully and only have what I've planned!

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:05 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I usually overeat on UDs but today I had the opposite problem. I only made it to 1005 and the thought of eating more made me feel sick. It became a mid day. Yesterday I only had 385 calories on my DD so tomorrow I'll try to do an UD again. Ugh. UDs are so challenging - I hope I can learn not to go to one extreme or another, too.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:31 PM   #7
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
I usually overeat on UDs but today I had the opposite problem. I only made it to 1005 and the thought of eating more made me feel sick. It became a mid day. Yesterday I only had 385 calories on my DD so tomorrow I'll try to do an UD again. Ugh. UDs are so challenging - I hope I can learn not to go to one extreme or another, too.
I always like to suggest eating up to those UDs, but when you just don't want to eat it can be hard. This is when I say have a glass of wine or 2, a TBS or 2 of peanut butter, some coconut oil in your tea/coffee, some added fat somewhere to make up those calories. They can add up fast with very little food when fat or alcohol is involved!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:51 PM   #8
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
I always like to suggest eating up to those UDs, but when you just don't want to eat it can be hard. This is when I say have a glass of wine or 2, a TBS or 2 of peanut butter, some coconut oil in your tea/coffee, some added fat somewhere to make up those calories. They can add up fast with very little food when fat or alcohol is involved!
I'll try that next time. I always have both on hand (the wine and the peanut butter). Denny's in the morning should do the job. They better still have those pumpkin pie pancakes. They are to die for!
Old 12-27-2011, 10:52 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
usually whats for dinner is the deciding factor for me.

i will put that in and work my way backwards. if it is a weekend then i usually have a medium breakfast, lighter lunch and bigger dinner, but during the week alot of times there are alot of kid activities and we dont have time for a full size dinner so lunch is my bigger meal.

i have never been a big breakfast kind of girl. if my hubby is cooking and its an UD i will eat but i dont go out of my way, i am perfectly happy with my oatmeal.

i try to plan out my snacks too and leave a couple hundred calories in case something shows up that is tempting.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:09 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.6/149 5' 8"
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris4chloe View Post

i will put that in and work my way backwards.
This just hit me over the head as a way that will work for me. If I focus on making dinnera priority, I think I'll avoid the snacking that's making me go over calories on UDs. Thanks - I'll try this on tomorrow's UD!
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Quote:

i will put that in and work my way backwards.
I think this will help me, too.
At least it's a DD today so I don't have to pull out my hair over this until tomorrow!
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 08:50 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
glad it helps. around here the main question even at breakfast is what is for dinner. so i plan out our dinner and that helps me with my days.

typically DD's I still cook dinner for the family and if it is something like chicken breast I can even work that into a DD or if it is like tonight I think I am going to do a fend for yourself night.
kris4chloe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:27 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
I have a very hard time meeting my UD calories. I usually get the majority of them at supper time and generally have a ton that I need to squeeze in.
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:54 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/152/150
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
Quote:
Originally Posted by handbells View Post
I have a very hard time meeting my UD calories. I usually get the majority of them at supper time and generally have a ton that I need to squeeze in.
I actually do that on purpose. I'm less hungry earlier in the day, so I tend to save calories for snacks after dinner. I always seem to have a lot leftover to play with and my weight is doing great.
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote