Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Tuesday - what are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/750606-its-tuesday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Dottie 12-27-2011 06:23 AM

It's Tuesday - what are you eating today?

UD
B: just coffee
D: may go to an oriental place. I'll keep it to protein and veggies, watch the carbs
S: the boys want tortellini so I'm going to make that for them and just add a little tortellini to a big salad for me: romaine, spinach, tomato, cucumber, onions, cheese and Italian dressing

Knittering 12-27-2011 07:22 AM

UD -

Coffee w/cream, 1 egg
Mozzarella sticks w/marinara sauce
Grilled steak and roasted broccoli

And then whatever snacks I need to make my UD calorie count!

mattsmama 12-27-2011 07:44 AM

DD for me.
Breakfast-
2 coffees with sugar free peppermint creamer - 30 cal

Water until 2 p.m. ( I've noticed this is when I feel my best :love: )

Lunch-The famous Laughing cow/cabbage/protein combo! :)

Coleslaw mix- 20 cal
Laughing cow light blue cheese wedge - 35 cal
Sea Queen bay scallops ( 4oz.)- 60 cal

Dinner-Fajitas- DD style! :yummy:

2 La Banderita small corn tortillas - 130 cal
Jenny O turkey tenderloin ( 2 oz.grilled w/spices) - 60 cal
Great Value stir fry veggies (3/4 cup)- 25 cal
Kraft Simply light sour cream (2 Tbsp)- 30 cal

Total so far for the meals planned: 390 calories :jumpjoy:

I am getting such a kick out of the creativity factor on down days. It is easy to see how one can eat rather well on just a few calories.

Have a great day, my JUDDD BUDDDs! :heart:

KeirasMom 12-27-2011 07:49 AM

Looks great MattsMama!

UD here. Playing it by ear.

kel7298 12-27-2011 08:02 AM

UD here

B - coffee w/ cream, 1/4 cup cottage cheese, clementine

L - Lasagna, sopapilla cheesecake

D - Not sure yet

julietcc 12-27-2011 08:03 AM

Lisa, I want your fajitas! :laugh:

UD for me but I'm going to count my calories and keep it at 1400-1500. I'm 3 pounds up from Saturday morning and I want to get it off.

Possibilities -

B: coffee with SF creamer and whipped cream, a pear, maybe toast
L: Progresso light soup, greek yogurt with PB2, a pear
D: Something reasonable!

sophiethecat 12-27-2011 08:33 AM

It's hard to categorize my "days" now, but at noon I will eat my first meal of the day, which will break a 16 hour fast. Then it will be a FD until tonight.

Pretty much everyday I go at least 15 hours without eating (that time includes sleep), and I do that even on FD.

B - black coffee

L - probably a fast deviled egg where I slice a hb egg and smear with mayo, mustard, and sprinkle pepper. Also a ham and cheese sandwich.

D - I will stop eating by 9 p.m. because we are going out for lunch tomorrow and I like to have a 15 hour fast each day if I can. But anyway, not sure what dinner will be. We still have some leftovers from Christmas to finish before I start cooking new stuff.

janetsbreeze 12-27-2011 08:36 AM

UD for me and I am playing it by ear.

Auntie Em 12-27-2011 08:44 AM

Tea w/ beef fat and light cream
B: Swiss cheese, decaf coffee w/ beef fat and light cream
L: Wild salmon and chives, braised in beef fat, plain yoghurt made from Lactaid milk
Sn: Decaf coffee w/ h&h
S: ?
Bedtime: hot water w/ diluted cream

vilanteira 12-27-2011 08:46 AM

UD for me today as well.

B: coffee, one soft-boiled egg, 2 slices bacon, low carb pumpkin muffin
L: rotisserie chicken, small square of cheese
D: spicy jerk boneless country-style pork ribs, low carb pumpkin muffin, brie
S: Blue Diamond lime and chili almonds

About 1780 calories.

Speck333 12-27-2011 09:20 AM

Shooting for a medium day today (1250 cals) ...
B: Coffee and cream; eggs/cheese/broccoli bake
L: probably skip it; something light if I don't
D: leftovers from last night

whitelighter1968 12-27-2011 09:33 AM

Dottie,

I'm curious, when you go to an oriental place, what do you generally order?

T-man

Dottie 12-27-2011 11:36 AM

I usually get a steamed shrimp or chicken w/broccoli, mushrooms and water chestnuts sauced with soy, ginger, garlic and sesame oil sauce:)
I did get a few pieces of a maki roll today, was in the mood for it :)

SlowSure 12-27-2011 12:13 PM

It was scheduled to be an UD today but tomorrow I'm attending a friend's birthday lunch so I made today an intermediate day, aiming for around 750 cals (& I'm going to attempt to make tomorrow no more than 1000 cals).

Breakfast: 1 scrambled egg, half a piece of bread, grilled tomato (approx. 250 cals)

Lunch: carrot & leek soup (approx. 100 cals)

Dinner: salmon & vegetable curry (approx 350 cals).

whitelighter1968 12-27-2011 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dottie (Post 15275651)
I usually get a steamed shrimp or chicken w/broccoli, mushrooms and water chestnuts sauced with soy, ginger, garlic and sesame oil sauce:)
I did get a few pieces of a maki roll today, was in the mood for it :)

Great ideas, I never thought of steamed shrimp. Thanks for that.

sophiethecat 12-27-2011 12:18 PM

I decided to make this a regular DD all day just to shake things up (I normally do MUDDD and so part of each day is DD and FD), and because we will be going out to eat tomorrow.

So far today I've had about 275 calories from a whole grapefruit, 1 cup of full-fat yogurt and blackberries.

Otherwise, I've had black coffee and plain tea.

I'm going to allow myself between 500 - 800 calories if I need it before the day is through.

Low Carb Librarian 12-27-2011 01:23 PM

Back on track today???

I made today a DD after a week and a half (at least) of just not caring.

Let's hope it sticks!

Soup so far ... I have an apple in my desk.
Lot of water

sophiethecat 12-27-2011 02:27 PM

Had a little shrimp cocktail, one of my easy deviled eggs, and one slice of ham. I estimate I'm at 500 calories give or take for the day so far.

MintQ8 12-27-2011 02:29 PM

Decidedly an UD!!

B: Cup of tea, Slice of Vogel Soya & Linseed Toast with butter (love it)
L: Cracker with home made chicken liver pate - some salami and some prosciutto (?sp)
S: Skinny Flat White coffee - 1/2 an egg sandwich
D: Leftover nibbles - probably too much!! Salami, prosciutto, turkey, ham, salad, cheese, crackers and stuffing!! Oh yes and Champagne (no more till NYE!!!)

Looking forward to tomorrow's DD - which will last until lunchtime on Thursday! Then I'll have an UD that lasts until just after lunch on Friday - then a DD until dinner on Saturday - UD till lunchtime-ish on the 1st - DD for the rest of the day - and then back to normal!!

mrsdewinter 12-27-2011 02:57 PM

Uhoh...first UD today and feeling ashamed when looking at everyone else`s UD foods...went completely mad with a couple of slices of margharita pizza and slice of choc pudding cake...ended the day (unless I still go out for drinks tonight, which I`ll prob will have to pass...) around 1800cals..my limit for updays...(so, yes, def no drinks tonight!)

Knittering 12-27-2011 03:09 PM

That doesn't sound completely mad to me. :)

dasiey 12-27-2011 03:33 PM

ud. and keeping it lcarb.

itsmeshelly01 12-27-2011 04:12 PM

UD for me.

Protein shake after my workout
Half cup geek yogurt with sunflower seeds
Lunch salad with chicken, spinach, romaine, boiled egg, ranch dressing and sf baby gerkins
Dinner was leftover turkey, a very small amount of dressing, green bean casserole and a small salad
Snacks of clementine, nuts, cut up zucchini and I'll have a piece of homemade low carb cheesecake later for dessert.
I'll be about 1600 cals today

sophiethecat 12-27-2011 07:15 PM

Ended up around 750 calories :) I thought I was done for the day but then my sweet youngest DS came in with a bowl of popcorn for me :) So I ate it.

Good night all.

Alcestis 12-28-2011 05:12 AM

I went nuts on leftover Christmas goodies (lots of chocolate and good cheese!). I know TOM is looming because I just felt like a bottomless pit. The wonderful thing is that today is a DD and that helped me avoid those awful diety feelings of shame and failure.