Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: misslowcarbdiva
Stats: 173/138/135
WOE: 72 Atkins
Start Date: Mid Nov (got serious)
Could this be the answer?

I tried Judd for about 17 days in Nov. then I quit. I think where I went wrong was on my down days I had coffee and two meal replacement shakes. On the 17th day I was STARVING and vowed that JUDD didn't and couldn't work for me. After eating whatever I wanted to during the holidays I am like " let me give this Judd diet a try again" I think where I messed up before was that I didn't eat any solid food before. Could that be it? Today I had coffee with splenda and cream, a greek yogurt and then a very very small handful of nuts,half of a small apple and this evening a protein shake and unlike the last time I tried this I "think" because of the amount of protein that I had (greek yogurt and nuts) that I am not hungry. I am going to do this again EATING REAL FOOD instead of doing dd's on a liquid diet. Your thoughts?
misslowcarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I'm not a good person to answer since it's my first day today, but I was wondering what you ate on up days.

I know a lot of people say that protein fills them up, but for me its fat. So if protein does the trick for you, great, and if not, you can still see if high fat works.
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Restart: July 14,2014 Restart
I think that you will find that a lot of us didn't do the liquid diet DD. I eat a lot of Vegitables on my DD's.
Low Carb Librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:58 AM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
I can't stand the idea of shakes - I understand the convenience - but I can eat a lot of really good food for 500 calories - and not feel remotely hungry! Whereas, if all I did was have 2 or 3 shakes a day - I know I'd feel hungry and totally unsatisfied!

Good luck this time round!!

Think I'm about to head into some good DD - as I will have had 4 UD in a row - including a FD - I'm not going near the scales till the 4th - after several good DD!!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:35 AM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gotsomeold
Stats: 175/111.8/124 - 5'4, 61yo
WOE: JUDDD/PHD, LC now that my BG is getting weird
Start Date: JUDDD 1/1/12 + LCHF 12/1/13 (controlling diabetes)
Many shakes contain artificial or natural sweeteners. For me, either is a huge hunger trigger. Real food I have to chew before swallowing makes all the difference.

I think you should approach JUDDD as something you have never tried before.

Last edited by gotsomeold; 12-27-2011 at 03:36 AM..
gotsomeold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #6
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150 (per Dr., stop losing!)
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsomeold View Post
Many shakes contain artificial or natural sweeteners. For me, either is a huge hunger trigger. Real food I have to chew before swallowing makes all the difference.

I think you should approach JUDDD as something you have never tried before.
I absolutely agree with this.

I can't "drink" meals unless it's wine. I'm two weeks in and have lost 7.6 lbs without ever touching a shake or a bar. I wouldn't be able to make it on those. I've also managed to keep between 250 and 400 calories on DDs consistently without using the prepackaged stuff and without feeling deprived. It's definitely doable. As a matter of fact, my DD limit is 500 and I've never gone over 400, so that just goes to show that hunger can be controlled with very low calories. HTH!

JUDDD got me where I want to be!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:21 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LouLou
Stats: 170/168/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 11/14/11 restarting 1/2/12
I find my DDs are better for me! I like trying to find "real" food to eat. I usually eat a high fiber cereal with skim milk for breakfast or egg substitute for breakfast. I like real eggs too but I feel I get a little more with the egg sub. Then for lunch I usually have a greek yogurt too! I think they are great and filling. Depending on what I make my family I either eat a little of what I made or I have a piece of salmon. I buy it individually frozen so its easy to take out and make. I'll make some veggys or just a salad. This is just a sample. I did find a no sodium chicken broth (10 cal) that I like to drink. It helps when I'm a little hungry. Tuna is another good protein to eat. I think I truly eat better on my DDs. Hope this helps a little. You can do it!
LouLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #8
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Librarian View Post
I think that you will find that a lot of us didn't do the liquid diet DD. I eat a lot of Vegitables on my DD's.
YUP and I still do as LC Librarian does! Veggies and protein are my staples for DDs!

Sometimes you just have to "chew" to get our brains to think the way we want it to......."I'm full and satisfied"!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:34 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: misslowcarbdiva
Stats: 173/138/135
WOE: 72 Atkins
Start Date: Mid Nov (got serious)
How about for my dd's fresh veggie soup with turkey in it?
misslowcarbdiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kris4chloe
Stats: 229/181/140 HW:265
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: Sept 2011 Restart / Sept 2010 Original Start
Yep eat real food. I did shakes a few times for one of the meals, but real food was always better.

I eat alot of lean protein and veggies, soups, and chicken broth. I love oatmeal for breakfast. it is 100 calories, but it is very filling and i can go a long time before i am hungry again.

Diet Swiss Miss is another go to that I love, this time of year warm foods are so nice to have and seem to fill up our tummys.

Veggie soup with some chicken in it is great, you usually can make up a big batch of soup that works out to be less then 100 calories per serving.

Read the recipe thread and look around what you already have you will see you have alot of options.
Old 12-27-2011, 07:16 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
Welcome back to JUDDD. Yes real food is the answer! I think I did the very first DD with shakes and that was it. I think Dr. Johnson recommended them only so you have an exact idea of how many calories you were eating. But it's not too hard to measure and count up to 500 or whatever number you decided upon! I recommend you track your calories on ************ or some other site.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:27 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I don't think those pre-packaged shakes and bars are a good idea. Chemical food really messes me up and isn't nearly as satisfying as things like broth-based soups, cabbage-based stir-fry and the low-calories muffins. Go through the "DD recipes" link, as there's all sorts of good stuff in there!

Welcome back and good luck!
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
I think you have gotten great advice here - no on the shakes!

There is so much food you can eat on a DD. Yesterday I had bacon and eggs! Who would have though that would have fit into my plan for a DD!

The cabbage/Laughin cow cheese recipes floating around here are lifesavers. Really low calorie and delicious.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:41 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Yes to real foods on DD!

I never used shakes, but I used to suffer on DD when I was trying to eat low fat/low calorie foods all day.

What helped me was 1) with time the body adapted to the near-fasting regimen and 2) including higher proteins, along with fat if necessary.

So for example, I could have a small cobb salad with cut-up hb egg, tuna or turkey or ham, sliced olives, some shredded cheese, etc, and evoo - depending on how much of this salad, but it can be made to fit into a DD.

Or having a couple hb eggs made into fast deviled eggs - slice the eggs in half, smear with mayo & mustard, sprinkle of black pepper.

I also like to make a little snack plate of deli ham slices (this can be pretty low calorie naturally) wrapped around cheese (can use Laughing Cow or a little full-fat cheese), some olives, some giardiari (sp?) which is crunchy, pickled, spicy veggies, maybe some bits of toasted sourdough bread drizzled with a bit of evoo, or whatever you like. But a plate of anything that has protein and some fat to eat slowly like that.

Good luck
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote