Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Monday, what are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/750479-its-monday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Dottie 12-26-2011 04:51 AM

It's Monday, what are you eating today?

DD and looking forward to it!
B: coffee w/almond milk
D: low-carb pita w/turkey meatballs and marinara sauce, a little parmesan cheese
S: chicken soup w/celery, carrots and onions. May add some shrimp for the protein if I'm hungry.

KeirasMom 12-26-2011 05:04 AM

DD and looking forward to undoing some of the debauchery done yesterday!
:p

SlowSure 12-26-2011 05:33 AM

DD for me.

Breakfast: 2 clementines (approx. 45 cals)

Lunch: vegetable soup (approx 60 cals)

Dinner: scallops and langoustines (approx 200 cals)

JKat 12-26-2011 06:04 AM

Oh boy Today is DD for me.

Nothing really planned yet. Yesterday turned into an UD.

Coffee and alot of it. Too much wine yesterday. I enjoyed all of the holiday without guilt!

Alcestis 12-26-2011 06:05 AM

DD - hurrah!!

To be honest, I don't feel like eating ANYTHING, but I bet that will change. It'll be coffee most of the day, and maybe some soup and a little cheese in the evening. I love this WOE.

itsmeshelly01 12-26-2011 06:19 AM

DD here, thank god!!! I was not even brave enough to get on the scale this morning. I am so puffy. My workout pants are tight!!! My thighs are huge and filled with water, even my face is puffy. I know i had too much rum yesterday and i had too much sugar.

Thank god its a DD.
I dont know for srue what im eating but it will be light. I think ill make the cabbage, laughing cow stir fry for dinner, maybe add alittle turkey. I think breakfast will be yogurt mixed with pumpkin.
Have a great monday everyone.

Knittering 12-26-2011 06:48 AM

DD for me and I'm not eager to face the scale either, Shelly!

Coffee w/cream
Chop suey soup
Homestyles beef chili
Minute muffin

handbells 12-26-2011 07:01 AM

Count me in with not wanting to face the scale.

Today is a much needed DD. Shooting for not eating anything until much, much later, if then.

MintQ8 12-26-2011 08:12 AM

DD - but may end up an MD!!

B: Bovril (10)
L: Bovril & Pickled Onions (33)
D: This is where I may come unstuck!
Prime Roast Rib, Trimmings (similar but different to yesterday) and Clafoutis for dessert.

I will try to be good - but maybe an MD today and an MD tomorrow (rather than an UD tomorrow!!)

dasiey 12-26-2011 08:38 AM

Dd for me. I had to much sugar yesterday so it might be a hard dd. But I can do it.

JKat 12-26-2011 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SlowSure (Post 15272812)
DD for me.

Breakfast: 2 clementines (approx. 45 cals)

Lunch: vegetable soup (approx 60 cals)

Dinner: scallops and langoustines (approx 200 cals)

Hey slowsure what is langoustines?

SlowSure 12-26-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JKat (Post 15273205)
Hey slowsure what is langoustines?

aka Norway lobster, closely related to Dublin Bay prawns or scampi (but not breaded or fried) - they're a very tasty white shellfish that are much smaller than standard lobsters and more the size of a large prawn: they're approx 90 cals per 100g. Langoustine shells make a superb stock for preparing fish/Thai soup.

kel7298 12-26-2011 09:24 AM

Looks like DD's all around. Very thankful for mine today as well. Won't think of looking at the scale till next Sat morning (after 3 DD's this week) and worked my butt off exercising this morning (487 calories) needless to say, the less consumed the better.

Speck333 12-26-2011 09:30 AM

It should be a down day according to my rotation, but today is the day that *I* make a full prime rib Christmas Dinner for my family and parents who will arrive from out of state later today. I am also sick with a cold (yay) and so don't have much of an appetite for anything anyway. I am going to try to fast until dinner, except for coffee.

julietcc 12-26-2011 09:56 AM

Much needed DD like most of you. I had my coffee with SF creamer for breakfast. This morning I was 4 pounds up but after a few trips to the bathroom, I'm already more than a pound down from that. I know a couple of down days will fix this as usual!

I'll have either soup or the cabbage/laughing cow with turkey stir fry today.

Wine2 12-26-2011 10:33 AM

I'm starting JUDDD today with an UD because we have so many tempting leftovers that whatever is not eaten today I will throw out for my DD day tomorrow.

caramel 12-26-2011 10:49 AM

First off, a good JUDDD welcome to Wine2:welcome:

I am 3.5 up from my siggy weight and basically have been bouncing up and down 2 pound due to all of the festivities. This is not too bad since I have had a couple of DD in between to get the weight off so I can live with this gain.

Today, just like most of you is a much needed DD.

rubidoux 12-26-2011 11:32 AM

My first down day! I'm scared! So far, I have had two cups of coffee with 4 T hwc (total of 100 cals). I'm not sure if I'm going to have more coffee or not. A little later I'm going to the grocery store to get some stuff for veg soup so dinner will be veg soup for me and soup and pb&j for kiddos. If I have any cals left after that, I'll have some sweet and spicy herbal tea with hwc towards bed time. I think I'll probably fall asleep with the kids at 9:30 to avoid eating. This is probably less cals than I've had in a day since my older son was born -- I went five days without eating then!

Wine2 12-26-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubidoux (Post 15273456)
My first down day! I'm scared! So far, I have had two cups of coffee with 4 T hwc (total of 100 cals). I'm not sure if I'm going to have more coffee or not. A little later I'm going to the grocery store to get some stuff for veg soup so dinner will be veg soup for me and soup and pb&j for kiddos. If I have any cals left after that, I'll have some sweet and spicy herbal tea with hwc towards bed time. I think I'll probably fall asleep with the kids at 9:30 to avoid eating. This is probably less cals than I've had in a day since my older son was born -- I went five days without eating then!

Hi! You're not planning to have lunch? Only coffee for breakfast? What is "hwc" My 1st DD is tomorrow, so please post how today went if you feel like it!

vilanteira 12-26-2011 11:42 AM

Much needed DD here as well. I ate at least 800 calories over my UD limit yesterday. On top of that I had two glasses of wine and a truly high carb dessert (which I haven't done in at least 6 months). :stars: The scale was kind to me this morning considering all that, but I feel seriously awful today. Bloated, nauseous, brain fog, even a bit hung over and headachy. So very thankful for this DD today!

B: coffee
L: V8
D: 2 eggs over easy, 2 slices of bacon, kelp noodles with marinara and a small sprinkle of cheese

Around 320 calories.

sophiethecat 12-26-2011 11:43 AM

I have had 600 calories today in the form of shrimp, apple wine I got for Christmas, 2 small slices cheese pizza, and some salt & vinegar potato chips. That concludes my DD eating until FD starts again later today.

Strangely, I was down to 143# (with clothes on) when I weighed earlier.

I'm pretty much still combining my MUDDD schedule with fasting from bedtime the night before until early to mid afternoon the next day.

rubidoux 12-26-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wine2 (Post 15273467)
Hi! You're not planning to have lunch? Only coffee for breakfast? What is "hwc" My 1st DD is tomorrow, so please post how today went if you feel like it!

Yes! No lunch. But I wouldn't be brave enough to try that if I wasn't already used to it. Up until a couple of weeks ago (maybe ten days, not sure) I was eating only once a day at 7 pm most days. I was having a lot of trouble sticking to that plan more because I was also doing zero-ish carb and I just wasn't finding the food appetizing. Like, I felt like I wanted to hurl at the sight of a cheeseburger. But the once a day eating part was actually pretty do-able for me. A year ago I never would have thought I'd ever say something like that, but it's true!

Hwc is heavy whipping cream and when I was fasting all day, I would have somewhere around 300 cals worth of hwc in my coffee during the day. That may have been the real secret to my ability to going all day without food -- as it's not really going all day without food. But for my purposes (not wanting to use any insulin) it works great.

I will lyk how it goes. I'm nervous because, while I have gone 26 hours or so fasting, I've never tried 36 and it just seems in a whole nother realm, kwim? And as far as I'm concerned 367 calories is close enough to fasting to be scary. lol

MintQ8 12-26-2011 04:26 PM

DD/MD = UD again!!

Dinner was great - decided that as I had only had 33 cals since dinner last night ended at around 8.30 - I would 'Fast 5' today - ie eat only in a 5 hour period. Ate and drank too much - but tomorrow is a new day!!