Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/165/155 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
Grr, DD and hungry

This is my fourth DD and I haven't managed to stay under 500 cals yet. Grr. I feel like I'm holding on today by the skin of my teeth. I've eaten 540cals today and I just want to get through the evening now. I'll be reading here, cooking (for some weird reason I have no urge to eat while I'm cooking!), figuring out tomorrow's menu and reading a new book - and trying NOT to listen to my stomach growling.

Although I'm a little cranky, I do see that every DD and UD are great opportunities to learn what works for me. I may need to increase my DD cals, but I'd love to make it through 2 weeks before I do that. I need to experiment more with different food on DDs. I think protein rather than "volume" is what will work better for me. Coming here and thinking about tomorrow really helps.

Thanks for "listening"!
Alcestis is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-20-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/146.4/145, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
I'm a little hungry too. I'm having some broth and waiting for dinner time. I've only had 97 calories so far, so dinner's going to be easy breasy. Good luck!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ouizoid
Stats: 225/165/145
is there a 20-30 cal thing you could eat that would help? A bunch of celery? A big cup of bone broth? I keep some fiber gummies around for this purpose. 2 are 10 calories and with a cup of hot broth I get filled right up.
ouizoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 04:29 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

I think broth is a good idea - and lots of water. Thanks!
Old 12-20-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
I am on my first DD and hungry too. I was also rethinking my choices for today and wondering if I could have picked more "filling" DD foods then I did. Or as quizoid said I was trying to come up with a very low calorie something to eat to get me through
For now I just keep thinking that tomorrow I can eat and enjoy so for now that is getting me through
Keep strong !
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #6
Administrator

Gallery: Dottie
WOE: 90%/10% Primal and Low-Carb
If I'm just starving on a DD, I have a small (2oz or so) serving of lean protein. A packet of tuna, a tin of smoked oysters, etc.
Dottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
Do you like spicy things? I've been making hot broth thickened with a little gluc and spiced with some hot chili powder on my DDs and that's really helped.

Also, oddly enough, hot coffee or cocoa with a little cream mid-afternoon makes a big difference in how my evening goes.

Right now I am struggling a lot more with my UDs than my DDs. I NEVER would have predicted this.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:59 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

The broth has really helped I know it's mostly in my head. I do love spicy things - thanks for that idea. I just made squash and pear soup for my next DD: 140 cals per serving. I can also try a great shrimp & tomato dish which I can spice up.

Oneoftwo: I definitely recommend broth for that super-low-cal "something" to get us through the evening.

You guys are awesome!
Old 12-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
The broth has really helped I know it's mostly in my head. I do love spicy things - thanks for that idea. I just made squash and pear soup for my next DD: 140 cals per serving. I can also try a great shrimp & tomato dish which I can spice up.

Oneoftwo: I definitely recommend broth for that super-low-cal "something" to get us through the evening.

You guys are awesome!
Thanks, glad you are doing better and they soup sounds yummy. I ended up having unsweet almond milk with diet hot choc, I feel better now and I am only at 570 for the day. Not bad, I was trying to stay between 500-600 on DD since I am trying to maintain
Old 12-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #10
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
And I PROMISE that by your 8th or 9th DD you will find that wonderful appetite "magic" of JUDDD.

Hang in there and do what you need to do to stay on track. It's a crazy time of years and there is food EVERYWHERE!!

Just remember: You can ALWAYS have that cookie, cake, sweet, casserole, pasta dish, etc. TOMORROW on you UD!!

"It's Only a Day Away"!

Last edited by Beeb; 12-20-2011 at 08:04 PM..
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 04:35 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Beeb, I made it!! I swear I woke up thinking of all the things I *can* eat if I choose, and also that yesterday was not really bad, I was just being a baby But all the support here really helped me not dive into any more food.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:55 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeb View Post
And I PROMISE that by your 8th or 9th DD you will find that wonderful appetite "magic" of JUDDD.

Hang in there and do what you need to do to stay on track. It's a crazy time of years and there is food EVERYWHERE!!

Just remember: You can ALWAYS have that cookie, cake, sweet, casserole, pasta dish, etc. TOMORROW on you UD!!

"It's Only a Day Away"!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcestis View Post
Thanks Beeb, I made it!! I swear I woke up thinking of all the things I *can* eat if I choose, and also that yesterday was not really bad, I was just being a baby But all the support here really helped me not dive into any more food.
BOTH
Old 12-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
I don't know if this helps, or you may hate veggies; but I always have those baby carrots, celery, and seedless cucumbers in the fridge. Then I can "gorge" myself when I'm starving on a DD and still be okay. Protein doesn't always work for me.
Hang in there!!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 05:40 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks PJ (or is it Sam??!). Funnily enough, I tried shredded cabbage tonight with zucchini, celery and a little soy sauce. YUM! It doesn't fill me up for hours and hours but I'm getting much more used to DDs now. I even look forward to them, although right about this time of night is when I want to start snacking. Time for some tea, methinks!
Old 12-28-2011, 06:49 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: rubidoux
Stats: 214/130/130 (5'2")
WOE: HF/MP/LC
Start Date: restart 9/2012
I'm happy you made it! I'm on my second down day today and it's almost 7 pm here and I'm having a bowl of veggie soup and I'm starving! But I learned when I was getting into intermittent fasting a while back that hunger is not the end of the world. This morning I was so hungry that I was scared I couldn't make it, but I think it's true that hunger is just hunger. I don't know why it causes me fear. It actually doesn't get worse, at least under normal dieting circumstances, even if the diet is fairly extreme -- like, say, ummm, 367 calories in a day.

high fat, moderate protein, very low carb
once a day feeding
rubidoux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 07:00 PM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Don't be too hard on yourself. With time, the lower calories will get easier.

I've been at this successfully for almost 3 months and I still allow myself UP TO 800 calories on a DD. I try for around 500 - 600 and usually succeed, but not always. If I were a gatherer back in the day, I would be the one chewing on leaves, sticks, grass, bugs, mud, lol. Anything I could get down the old hatch so I didn't have to go without food completely!

And honestly, there's some mental aspect that relieves me and reduces the fear when I know I have those extra calories to play with if I really need them.

Also, with time and input from others and experimentation, I've come to realize I need more fat and protein on DD to feel satisfied. It eats up calories, but it's worth it to not lay in bed suffering on a DD, with my stomach angry at me and not letting me sleep.
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!

Last edited by sophiethecat; 12-28-2011 at 07:02 PM..
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote