Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Logging UD and DD on my fitness pal? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/749611-logging-ud-dd-my-fitness-pal.html)

oneoftwo 12-17-2011 04:57 AM

Logging UD and DD on my fitness pal?

Do you just log and ignore everything else? I guess their is no way to change your calorie goal day by day to make it match your UD/DD goal for that day?

Knittering 12-17-2011 06:02 AM

That calorie goal thing bugged me so I switched to myfatsecret. It also has a calorie goal thingy but it's down at the very bottom of the page and it's pretty accurate for UDs. And it gives you the percentage of calories you're at so that could be useful for DDs if you know you want 35 or 30 percent of your UD.

Meek75 12-17-2011 06:07 AM

You can change ur cal settings day by day, under "edit profile," if you want. That is what I do and it doesnt bother me at all. I love ***! :D

HTH

theredhead 12-17-2011 06:33 AM

I just ignore it, lol.

janetsbreeze 12-17-2011 07:39 AM

I ignore it also.

pjsam1156 12-17-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oneoftwo (Post 15255410)
Do you just log and ignore everything else? I guess their is no way to change your calorie goal day by day to make it match your UD/DD goal for that day?

I just ignore everything else, as well. I do record my lowest weight each week under "progress," though. I think it's hilarious that if you click on "finished logging for today?" on a UD, it tell you you're going to weigh, like, 500 lbs in 5 days if you keep eating that amount of cals every day!!:hyst::hyst:

mattsmama 12-17-2011 10:16 AM

I put my calorie goals to zero, and now everything is in red. I can easily see how much I have eaten at a glance.

Joedi 12-17-2011 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsmama (Post 15255932)
I put my calorie goals to zero, and now everything is in red. I can easily see how much I have eaten at a glance.

I do this too!

What I like about doing this is that you can see clearly your average cals for the week...if you have a set goal number, your weekly average will be how many cals over/under your goal you are....rather than the amount you actually ate!

After I log my DD...it says..."if you keep eating this amount of calories, you will be 122lb in 5 weeks....and i always have a "I wonder if I could..." moment!

I know I couldn't though!

hugs
jo
x

mainemom 12-17-2011 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattsmama (Post 15255932)

That's a great idea! I'm going to try that. I love My Fitness Pal, too. The easiest I have found to find and track calories. Just really user friendly.

Knittering 12-17-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

After I log my DD...it says..."if you keep eating this amount of calories, you will be 122lb in 5 weeks....and i always have a "I wonder if I could..." moment!
It wouldn't work anyhow, your body would bring the weight loss to a screeching halt! :)

oneoftwo 12-17-2011 01:13 PM

Thanks everyone for the feeback