Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   is it ok to only eat 250 or less calories a day (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/749488-ok-only-eat-250-less-calories-day.html)

mayleesa 12-16-2011 12:22 PM

is it ok to only eat 250 or less calories a day

on a down day of course....just asking...it's doable with the help of chicken broth...just wondering how little is too little....

Beeb 12-16-2011 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayleesa (Post 15254230)
on a down day of course....just asking...it's doable with the help of chicken broth...just wondering how little is too little....

Since Dr. J talks about fasting totally on a DD as being just fine, I can't see where your number or below is a bad thing! Only thing I can say is.....WOW, how do you manage it?!!

I'm impressed!! :shake::hugs:

Dottie 12-16-2011 12:33 PM

The book mentions that fasting is best, but most people can't handle it. Based on that, lower is better :)

mayleesa 12-16-2011 12:52 PM

i'm just not hungry, i ate a cup of dry honey nut cheerios today for breakfast...110c....lunch was 1.5 cups of chicken broth 15c.....still not really hungry.....i've alotted a snack 90c fiber one bar if i get hungry at all...i just don't have an appetite today....CRAZY i just didn't want to do any harm if it's bad to go below 20% which for me is like 360-390 depending on site....thanks for the info!!!

sophiethecat 12-16-2011 01:12 PM

No harm done - if you feel good, then go for it! :high5:

Karen925 12-16-2011 01:49 PM

Your fat stores, assuming you have them, supplies what the body needs.

pjsam1156 12-16-2011 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen925 (Post 15254444)
Your fat stores, assuming you have them, supplies what the body needs.

wouldn't be here if I didn't have PLENTY!:hyst:

mayleesa 12-16-2011 02:03 PM

yep i think my left thigh ALONE has enough fat stores to supply a small village for a week....hahaha you guys are the best!!!

Karen925 12-16-2011 04:00 PM

What made me post is that my calories count had to be "low" to lose. Naively, at first, I would post my counts and the "starvation mode" police would show up. Taubes and another forum member, I believe, connected the dots for me. I was not eating in "starvation mode" because, in my case, ample fat stores was supplying my needs. couldn't be starving if I had energy supplied. Ever since then, over 2 years ago, I ignored the starvation police and enjoyed my shrinking body. The deficit of calories is the key. However, how that deficit is created is what varies so much from person to person and even within that same person over time. The calorie/carb levels today will not be the same next year. I will need less food as I age.

Lori-s 12-16-2011 05:35 PM

Though it might make some uncomfortable I'm going to share here ...
Just so you aren't worried about lower calorie DDs I've personally only indulged in this on DDs since 11/9:

1 cup black coffee at 5am (2.5 cals)
1 cup Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa at 8pm (25 cals)

I've found the biggest drawback for me when it comes to fasting is that I have such great appetite suppression that I have to force myself to eat the next UD especially since I upped my UD calories a bit to try and fire up my metabolism.

Since fasting I feel great on DDs and the morning after, very clear both mentally and physically.

itsmeshelly01 12-16-2011 05:40 PM

I would give anything to be able to totally fast or just 300 cals. Enjoy it. I usualy end up over 500, about 600 or so. I envy you being able to do that.

pjsam1156 12-16-2011 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lori-s (Post 15254933)
Though it might make some uncomfortable I'm going to share here ...
Just so you aren't worried about lower calorie DDs I've personally only indulged in this on DDs since 11/9:

1 cup black coffee at 5am (2.5 cals)
1 cup Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa at 8pm (25 cals)

I've found the biggest drawback for me when it comes to fasting is that I have such great appetite suppression that I have to force myself to eat the next UD especially since I upped my UD calories a bit to try and fire up my metabolism.

Since fasting I feel great on DDs and the morning after, very clear both mentally and physically.

I keep trying this--but I get HORRIBLE headaches around 2 or 3 PM. One day I even got the shakes! (this has never happened to me before).:(

mayleesa 12-17-2011 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karen925 (Post 15254716)
What made me post is that my calories count had to be "low" to lose. Naively, at first, I would post my counts and the "starvation mode" police would show up. Taubes and another forum member, I believe, connected the dots for me. I was not eating in "starvation mode" because, in my case, ample fat stores was supplying my needs. couldn't be starving if I had energy supplied. Ever since then, over 2 years ago, I ignored the starvation police and enjoyed my shrinking body. The deficit of calories is the key. However, how that deficit is created is what varies so much from person to person and even within that same person over time. The calorie/carb levels today will not be the same next year. I will need less food as I age.

wow that makes total sense!!! thanks!!!

and holy cow...only 27.5 calories a day!?! that's awesome....i ended up at 327 before bed i got the munchies something horrid and ate a laughing cow cheese and some special k crisps...this morning however NOT hungry....not at ALL....

anywho i'm down again this morning to 182.0!! 3 weeks of this woe and down 10lbs...:jumpjoy: thanks to all who posted...i'm NOT ALONE!!!!! :hugs:

pjsam1156 12-17-2011 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayleesa (Post 15255396)
wow that makes total sense!!! thanks!!!

anywho i'm down again this morning to 182.0!! 3 weeks of this woe and down 10lbs...:jumpjoy: thanks to all who posted...i'm NOT ALONE!!!!! :hugs:

:jumpjoy: