Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2011, 05:46 AM   #31
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: wastednuffime
Stats: 330+ / 172.5 / ???
WOE: Healthy eating and T25 baby!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratejenny View Post
As far as I know, you just confine your eating to a 5-hour window (2pm-7pm, for example) every day/24-hour period.

I can't explain it further since I haven't tried it myself--
there may be other guidelines I don't know about--
but if you Google "Fast 5 Diet" the official website (and many others) will come up.

back to update..

for the past 2 days I been doing kinda a "intermittent" fasting? I guess this is like the Fast 5 What I am doing (and will continue until after Christmas day..) I been eating ONLY between a pre set two hour window. The hours vary due to whatever party /social obligation we got going on..

I figure at least this way, I'm not eating all sorts of stuff all day long and i don't have to avoid festivities...Eating wise, there is a beginning and an end...period...
wastednuffime is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-19-2011, 06:19 AM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/150/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
That sounds like a good plan. I wish I'd chosen to do that instead of eating all out for the past three days. Thankfully, water weight should leave pretty quickly.
theredhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:41 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: E.W.
Stats: 318/297/ a lot less
WOE: Fast5
Start Date: restart again 1/17/2014
Here is another study about a plan a little like JUDDD. This plan compaired eating a
diet with about 75% of your maintience calories to eating maintience calories 5 days
a week and doing a 35% down day only twice a week. Both groups lost weight but
those doing 2 35% days a week lost more. So perhaps we shouldn't worry all that
much if we don't get all our DD's in.

The effects of intermittent or continuous energy restriction on weight loss and metabolic disease risk markers: a randomised trial in young overweight women
E.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:19 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Karen925
Stats: 192/mid 120's maintaining; 5'8", 49 yrs
WOE: low calorie low carb/JUDDD
Start Date: Oct 2009 low calorie/low carb
Nice article. Thanks for posting.
Karen925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:11 AM   #35
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wastednuffime View Post
back to update..

for the past 2 days I been doing kinda a "intermittent" fasting? I guess this is like the Fast 5 What I am doing (and will continue until after Christmas day..) I been eating ONLY between a pre set two hour window. The hours vary due to whatever party /social obligation we got going on..

I figure at least this way, I'm not eating all sorts of stuff all day long and i don't have to avoid festivities...Eating wise, there is a beginning and an end...period...
Well, I wanted to come back and update..

Ok so ya know I been doing kinda intermittent fasting throughout the holidays, eating whatever I wanted within a certain window time frame.. I chose this route simply because i found myself having way more UD then DD. Realistically, I also knew I would be attending several xmas parties, family gatherings and so on, many were back to back. As such, I was eating stuff I shouldn't, meaning that I was way off my JUDDD schedule..

Anyway, I went to numerous parties and get-togethers and enjoyed myself fully...and all that..that implies.. So, I weighed this morning and guess what? I have not loss or gained !! I weighed exactly what i weighed on December 12th,..right down to the ounce!!

Now that all this is behind me, I'm back to JUDDing as i should. I am going to try and maintain a LC UD cycle..I feel all carbed out trust me....

Ask~~~.Believe~~~Receive....

*Look* *Speak* *Act* ...in the direction you want to go, be or do...
Old 12-26-2011, 08:15 AM   #36
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6/239.2/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 9 June 2013
Wow - well done!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:40 AM   #37
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
Wow - well done!
Thank you!!

Although, personally I would not recommend this as an actual WOE,( for someone like me, anyways)...cause I really did eat a LOT of junk...way too much sugar/sweets, fat,salt and other crap...NOT a healthy way to go for sure and just because i kinda "got away" with it scale wise, i truly do feel icky.....
Old 12-26-2011, 03:32 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/178.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
it is great to know that one may be able to modify thie WOE as many have mentioned...Muddd or fast 5 or ways such as you have and still be successful!!! thanks so much for sharing your life with us....it's very inspiring to know that 1 weekend or such of a string of parties/events "life" can happen with such positive results!!
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 04:55 AM   #39
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
it is great to know that one may be able to modify thie WOE as many have mentioned...Muddd or fast 5 or ways such as you have and still be successful!!! thanks so much for sharing your life with us....it's very inspiring to know that 1 weekend or such of a string of parties/events "life" can happen with such positive results!!
Thank you!!

I could have easily emerged 5, 6, or 8, pounds heavier...Guilt wise, I kinda feel like I robbed a bank and er, um,..got away with it....by the way, I never been much of a modifier, or tweak-er, whatever.. I was always really strict with myself, which can go either way..When I was good, I was very good, but when i was bad...watch out I guess you can say that i am finally learning "Balance"

Anyway, I'm 100% back on track and already feeling SO much better
Old 12-27-2011, 06:10 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LouLou
Stats: 170/168/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 11/14/11 restarting 1/2/12
Quote:
Thank you!!

Although, personally I would not recommend this as an actual WOE,( for someone like me, anyways)...cause I really did eat a LOT of junk...way too much sugar/sweets, fat,salt and other crap...NOT a healthy way to go for sure and just because i kinda "got away" with it scale wise, i truly do feel icky.....
I feel the same! I haven't been brave enough to jump on the scale yet. I am trying to watch doing MD and keep track of my calories. Thanksgiving was easy but this has been a challenge. We can do this! 2012 will be our year!
LouLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:49 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/127.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
I was always really strict with myself, which can go either way..When I was good, I was very good, but when i was bad...watch out
I can SO identify with this...I really need to learn to stick to my WOE!!!
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:33 AM   #42
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
I can SO identify with this...I really need to learn to stick to my WOE!!!
Shirl,

I think this ( well, "my") way of " stinking-thinking" was that "All-or-nothing" mentality ya know, either absolutely, 100% NOT,..not,..not putting a drop of xyz...in my mouth, Or,... taking several days off and eating at will, basically running through the whole darn spectrum of the alphabet..

I also learned along the way, to label certain food as either good or bad..Its taken me a while to be okay with eating bread ( whole wheat/whole grain, never liked white..) or baked potato. With JUDDD I have learned that on my UD I can eat anything i want, I just need to work on making smarter choices that's all.. Its a no brainier that I feel better when i eat better.. For the most part ( with the exception of some mega headaches few weeks back), overall, i feel REALLY Good on my DD.

Like several others here, my DD are a breeze,and I look forward to them. Ironically, its my UD that are a struggle Yesterday was a DD, did great , but today I'm struggling...I'm hoping like anything else, repetition will kick in and my UD will be a breeze too..
Old 12-27-2011, 08:13 AM   #43
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
You're doing great!

So many of us have had diets in the past where we struggle through holidays and special occasions because of something on the diet that is not allowed, be it carbs, fat, sugar, meat, or whatever woe one happens to be on. With JUDDD, all things are allowed (barring any food sensitivities but that's different), and so it allows us to develop a good relationship to food....

I personally went "hog-wild" at first on JUDDD, indulging in all the higher carb foods I had given up for about 4 months of LC. Eventually, I started to "settle down" and now I mainly want what I consider healthier choices, though I still have my indulgences - especially this time of year!
MAINTENANCE since 11/12/11, & have lost more weight. I shake things up all the time with my version of Pirate Jenny's MUDDD, my "Fast 5" & other IF. ...low-moderate fat....and eating "healthy" foods 75+% of the time which lets me have real life and indulgences too I've reached my goals, improved my health & appearance, and enjoy my lifetime woe!
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
You're doing great!

So many of us have had diets in the past where we struggle through holidays and special occasions because of something on the diet that is not allowed, be it carbs, fat, sugar, meat, or whatever woe one happens to be on. With JUDDD, all things are allowed (barring any food sensitivities but that's different), and so it allows us to develop a good relationship to food....

I personally went "hog-wild" at first on JUDDD, indulging in all the higher carb foods I had given up for about 4 months of LC. Eventually, I started to "settle down" and now I mainly want what I consider healthier choices, though I still have my indulgences - especially this time of year!
Thank you!!!

I So needed to hear this!!
Old 12-27-2011, 09:47 AM   #45
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
Quote:
Thank you!!!

I So needed to hear this!!
For me, it was around mid-November when I started to naturally gravitate back to healthier whole food and the good fats, and less processed foods, so that was about 6 weeks on JUDDD for me.

However, the holiday eating started right around then for us, so with all the extra goodies around, there have been many indulgences! I love having the option to indulge though on this woe, and I figure once the holidays pass, I will try to have what I consider clean eating around 75% of the time.

The main thing with me is to get back more of those healthy natural fats like evoo, butter, coconut oil, fish & other animal fats, and all the good proteins. The rest will take care of itself then. It's just that after a full month off LC and into mod-high carb JUDDD, I could tell by my skin and hair that too many carbs and not enough of the fat/protein takes its toll.

So, here's to getting it all balanced in the new year.
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 10:26 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: shirlc
Stats: 144/127.5/130-5'5"
WOE: Low/Mod Carb, JUDDD (JUDDD, 10/25/11 at 141.5)
Start Date: March, 2006
Quote:
Like several others here, my DD are a breeze,and I look forward to them. Ironically, its my UD that are a struggle Yesterday was a DD, did great , but today I'm struggling...I'm hoping like anything else, repetition will kick in and my UD will be a breeze too..
This is true for me, also...I can't believe how easy the down days are! When I first started JUDDD, I thought I wouldn't be able to do the DDs, and now find I'm looking forward to them, too.
shirlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:38 PM   #47
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Kissa
Stats: 184/124/126 5'3" Age 66
WOE: JUDDD/5:2
Start Date: 2001 Atkins -50 2011 JUDDD - 10
So agree, after a row of indulgent UDs I am really looking forward to tomorrow's DD.
Kissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:15 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: janetsbreeze
Stats: 197/186.6/130; 5'2"
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 19, 2011
Today's DD will be a relief! I really look forward to my DDs.
janetsbreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 09:53 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophiethecat View Post
For me, it was around mid-November when I started to naturally gravitate back to healthier whole food and the good fats, and less processed foods, so that was about 6 weeks on JUDDD for me.

However, the holiday eating started right around then for us, so with all the extra goodies around, there have been many indulgences! I love having the option to indulge though on this woe, and I figure once the holidays pass, I will try to have what I consider clean eating around 75% of the time.

The main thing with me is to get back more of those healthy natural fats like evoo, butter, coconut oil, fish & other animal fats, and all the good proteins. The rest will take care of itself then. It's just that after a full month off LC and into mod-high carb JUDDD, I could tell by my skin and hair that too many carbs and not enough of the fat/protein takes its toll.

So, here's to getting it all balanced in the new year.
Here,,Here..
Old 12-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #50
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janetsbreeze View Post
Today's DD will be a relief! I really look forward to my DDs.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:05 AM   #51
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirlc View Post
This is true for me, also...I can't believe how easy the down days are! When I first started JUDDD, I thought I wouldn't be able to do the DDs, and now find I'm looking forward to them, too.
SO true!!...and,..if anyone ever told me, before finding JUDDD, that i could and WOULD exist happily and easily on a mere 500 or less calories per day, i would have and told them they were crazy...

I love the whole "giving my body a rest" feeling on DD
Old 12-28-2011, 10:07 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissa View Post
So agree, after a row of indulgent UDs I am really looking forward to tomorrow's DD.

It's not what you eat between Christmas and New Year that matters, it's what you eat between the New Year and Christmas.

***I so LOVE this!!***