Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MintQ8
Stats: 264.6 (restart 260.2)/255/140
WOE: JUDDDD
Start Date: 6 May 2014
Thinking I should feel bad - but don't

I have had 3 serious UDs. I didn't want yesterday to be an UD - but it ended up being one - the only place on my 'tour' of family and friends that I didn't feel strong enough to DD - I just know they would have thought I was being 'awkward'.

Considered making today a DD - but we had previous arrangements for a Dinner out with great old friends at a fantastic pub. So tomorrow is a DD.

It may have set me back weight wise for a few days - but you know what is so liberating - is that I know, tomorrow I just go back to the DD and I'll start losing again!! I don't have to wait to get back into Ketosis!!

I saw a few of you doing this over Thanksgiving and continue to lose - let's hope I can join you!!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post
I have had 3 serious UDs. I didn't want yesterday to be an UD - but it ended up being one - the only place on my 'tour' of family and friends that I didn't feel strong enough to DD - I just know they would have thought I was being 'awkward'.

Considered making today a DD - but we had previous arrangements for a Dinner out with great old friends at a fantastic pub. So tomorrow is a DD.

It may have set me back weight wise for a few days - but you know what is so liberating - is that I know tomorrow I just go back to the DD and I'll start losing again!! I don't have to wait to get back into Ketosis!!

I saw a few of you doing this over Thanksgiving and continue to lose - let's hope I can join you!!
JUDDD!!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:04 PM   #3
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MintQ8 View Post

It may have set me back weight wise for a few days - but you know what is so liberating - is that I know, tomorrow I just go back to the DD and I'll start losing again!! I don't have to wait to get back into Ketosis!!

Now you got that wonderful JUDDD mindset!! WTG!! And I'm SURE you will do great!!
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:08 PM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mayleesa
Stats: (5'5") 209/176.4/140lb
WOE: low carb
Start Date: 12/26/2013
yeah this weekend will be a toughy, saturday is ud and birthday dinner night BUT SUNDAY is extreme cookie making blitz tastical fun with friends and fam....whilest i can TRY to be a good DD Sunday i fear that the cookies will win out....so i'm making that i think my first MD....we shall see....good luck to you and i totally agree!!! this is the most freeing way to eat......one bad day on lc and it was 5lbs plus in a day and seeya later ketosis...
mayleesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayleesa View Post
yeah this weekend will be a toughy, saturday is ud and birthday dinner night BUT SUNDAY is extreme cookie making blitz tastical fun with friends and fam....whilest i can TRY to be a good DD Sunday i fear that the cookies will win out....so i'm making that i think my first MD....we shall see....good luck to you and i totally agree!!! this is the most freeing way to eat......one bad day on lc and it was 5lbs plus in a day and seeya later ketosis...
ain't THAT the truth!!
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 06:30 PM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: julietcc
Stats: JUDDD - 118.6/112/112-115 highest weight 194 5'4"
WOE: Atkins, then JUDDD
Start Date: Started JUDDD 10/26/11
It's really a hard time of year! Today was supposed to be a DD for me but I lost control from stressing at work and PMSing. I wish I could have a better attitude about it like you do! Then tomorrow is a baby shower for breakfast in a Mexican restaurant. I think that sometimes we have to accept that we can't be perfect all the time. I know I'll be back on track Saturday with a good down day. Yes times like these will delay our weight loss but sometimes life happens.
julietcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:36 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
It's really a hard time of year! Today was supposed to be a DD for me but I lost control from stressing at work and PMSing. I wish I could have a better attitude about it like you do! Then tomorrow is a baby shower for breakfast in a Mexican restaurant. I think that sometimes we have to accept that we can't be perfect all the time. I know I'll be back on track Saturday with a good down day. Yes times like these will delay our weight loss but sometimes life happens.
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:10 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: dasiey
Quote:
Originally Posted by julietcc View Post
life does happen live it and enjoy.

I just try to tell my self.

Eat to live not Live to eat.
dasiey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:09 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: stardustshadow
Stats: 248.6/163/150
WOE: VLC/IF
Start Date: July 5th 2010 (Atkins)
Well, considering I am almost never registering in ketosis anyway, no matter what I eat (even on a fat fast!!) I hardly ever give ketosis a thought or wasted money on those strips But I plan on having 2 UDs (or a MD and a UD, have not decided) on the 24th and 25th (family xmas days). Even though I eat low carb JUDDD, I am feeling very liberated with the idea that I can go normal (non LC) for a day and it is a part of my plan, not a 'cheat'.

You know what is funny? Once I decided to do this, to try calorie cycling again, the holidays became significantly less depressing! I have a really hard time with christmas every year. Probably because I have not spent the holidays with my own family (non-in-laws) in 8 years, and worked too many awful retail christmases. The food issues made it even WORSE. I'd have the pressure of my in-laws christmas (you just never feel relaxed in the same way as you do with your own family) combined with the pressure of 'should I eat on plan and be a huge annoyance and inconvenience to everyone or do I cheat, feel guilty and regret it?'. That was really hard for me to deal with last year. The thought of facing that again this year was really bringing me down. But now I feel that weight has been lifted! It may be that i 'stall' for a week or two after eating these meals. But maybe I won't. I already know that my body can handle them (based on blood sugar experiments while trying non-LC JUDDD). The shock of varying my routine may be good for my body in the weight loss department. Anyhow, having that pressure relieved is good for the SPIRIT, and that is important, too

Last edited by stardustshadow; 12-16-2011 at 06:14 AM..
stardustshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #10
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/151/135??, 5'9", 41 y.o., Hypothyroid
WOE: Back to JUDDD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardustshadow View Post
Well, considering I am almost never registering in ketosis anyway, no matter what I eat (even on a fat fast!!) I hardly ever give ketosis a thought or wasted money on those strips But I plan on having 2 UDs (or a MD and a UD, have not decided) on the 24th and 25th (family xmas days). Even though I eat low carb JUDDD, I am feeling very liberated with the idea that I can go normal (non LC) for a day and it is a part of my plan, not a 'cheat'.

You know what is funny? Once I decided to do this, to try calorie cycling again, the holidays became significantly less depressing! I have a really hard time with christmas every year. Probably because I have not spent the holidays with my own family (non-in-laws) in 8 years, and worked too many awful retail christmases. The food issues made it even WORSE. I'd have the pressure of my in-laws christmas (you just never feel relaxed in the same way as you do with your own family) combined with the pressure of 'should I eat on plan and be a huge annoyance and inconvenience to everyone or do I cheat, feel guilty and regret it?'. That was really hard for me to deal with last year. The thought of facing that again this year was really bringing me down. But now I feel that weight has been lifted! It may be that i 'stall' for a week or two after eating these meals. But maybe I won't. I already know that my body can handle them (based on blood sugar experiments while trying non-LC JUDDD). The shock of varying my routine may be good for my body in the weight loss department. Anyhow, having that pressure relieved is good for the SPIRIT, and that is important, too
Attitude sometimes makes all the difference. Enjoy this holiday season!
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks for all the posts - am nearly at the end of a very good down day.
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 01:26 PM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Feeling really good on my DD - I felt really stuffed after 3 up days!!
MintQ8 is offline   Reply With Quote