Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2011, 06:40 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Does anyone else weigh weekly?

I see all these daily weight trackers and envy those of you who are able to do that, but I get entirely too frustrated and obsessive if I weigh every day.

Does anyone else weigh weekly?

I'm on day 4 of JUDDD and haven't weighed yet. I will wait until Monday with Sunday being a DD.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: SlowSure
Stats: 157/105/105-110
WOE: JUDDD Maintenance.
Start Date: 2011
I weigh weekly, both self and DH. It works that way for us as we tended to over-react to fluctuations and length stalls were demotivating.
SlowSure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:13 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: ArmyWife102006
Stats: 285ish/217.8/150
WOE: Keto and JUDDD
Start Date: Keto: October 2011/ JUDDD November 2011
I weigh weekly too (usually if it falls after a DD, so this week I weighed on Tuesday and last week I weighed on Monday). Usually if you wait for the beginning of an up day to weigh it works out pretty good, and you also don't have to see all your fluctuations during the week.
ArmyWife102006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:49 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: handbells
Stats: too much/not enough/just right
Start Date: today!
I too, weigh once a week. Sometimes twice, but that's very rare.
handbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 07:53 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Knittering
Stats: (250) 236/172/150 5'8
WOE: LC
Start Date: Restart: 2/18/13
I also weigh weekly. I'm far too easily discouraged by ups and downs on the scale to weigh every single day.
Knittering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:26 AM   #6
Senior LCF member

Gallery: Leo41
Stats: 340 then/145 now
WOE: Low carb/calorie cycling
Throughout my weight loss, I've weighed only weekly. On JUDDD, I usually weigh on Saturday mornings, since Friday is always a DD for me.

Not only are daily fluctuations much too depressing for me, they are misleading. It takes 48-72 hours for your body to respond to what you've eaten with a number on the scale, so weighing daily doesn't tell you anything about how specific foods affect you, etc. Weighing daily is frustrating and provides no real useful data, IMO.

Moreoever, in women, water fluctuations are often driven my hormonal shifts (even in someone post-menopausal like me), so a 3-lb gain that is totally hormonal water retention means nothing in terms of my WOE, since it's not something I can control.

Because of this, I not only weigh weekly, but I post my weight on my appointment calendar. This enables me to track trends. For example, on JUDDD, I lost just about a pound a week, but there were two times when I lost nothing for 3 weeks and then 4 lbs in the final week of the month. I was losing that lb a week, but water replacement was keeping the scale from showing it. It's keeping a record that keeps me from 'freaking out' even when weighing only weekly.
Leo41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:10 AM   #7

Gallery: KeirasMom
Stats: 277.6/150/150
WOE: Whatever plan keeps me around 150 lbs!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post
Throughout my weight loss, I've weighed only weekly. On JUDDD, I usually weigh on Saturday mornings, since Friday is always a DD for me.

Not only are daily fluctuations much too depressing for me, they are misleading. It takes 48-72 hours for your body to respond to what you've eaten with a number on the scale, so weighing daily doesn't tell you anything about how specific foods affect you, etc. Weighing daily is frustrating and provides no real useful data, IMO.

Moreoever, in women, water fluctuations are often driven my hormonal shifts (even in someone post-menopausal like me), so a 3-lb gain that is totally hormonal water retention means nothing in terms of my WOE, since it's not something I can control.

Because of this, I not only weigh weekly, but I post my weight on my appointment calendar. This enables me to track trends. For example, on JUDDD, I lost just about a pound a week, but there were two times when I lost nothing for 3 weeks and then 4 lbs in the final week of the month. I was losing that lb a week, but water replacement was keeping the scale from showing it. It's keeping a record that keeps me from 'freaking out' even when weighing only weekly.
Thanks Leo. That really makes sense to me. I appreciate everyone's feedback. I was starting to feel like maybe I was the only one who didn't get anything positive out of daily weigh-ins. Whew. It's nice to know there are others.

I am, however, quite interested to see what Monday's weigh-in will bring. I'm doing really, really well with my eating, so I hope to see a loss.
KeirasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: betty301
I'm going to start weighing weekly for the reasons Leo described.

I never even WAS a daily weigh-er so I don't know why I started, lol.
betty301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #9

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins
Yes. I weightweekly/monthly and prefer it over daily.

Last edited by Meek75; 12-15-2011 at 12:02 PM..
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo41 View Post

Thanks for the info!! I always wondered about how long it took for eating to show up on the scale--that's why I was confused when people would say they didn't understand losing after a UD--which happens to me periodically.
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 12:58 AM   #11
Tyl

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
i am weighing weekly. my work schedule is just too confusing to my body, so i wait until the weekend to weigh.
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: LouLou
Stats: 170/168/140
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: 11/14/11 restarting 1/2/12
I try to only weigh weekly too! It makes me a little crazy to see the scale all over the place.
LouLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Alcestis
Stats: 210/151.6/149 5' 8"
WOE: JUDDD
Start Date: December 13th, 2011
I haven't owned a set of scales for years because they make me crazy and obsessive, but I weigh once a month at my doctor's. Next appointment isn't until January 13th....
Alcestis is offline   Reply With Quote