Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   Okay - I'm in! And question about 2 DDs or 2 UDs in a row. (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/749323-okay-im-question-about-2-dds-2-uds-row.html)

Agee 12-15-2011 04:53 AM

Okay - I'm in! And question about 2 DDs or 2 UDs in a row.

Hey all -
I wanted to give JUDDD a week before I posted anything as I have a looooong history on this board starting different WOEs, failing, and not following through, but guess what? Yay? I'm down 2.6 lbs my first week and it was a pretty easy week, so I'm in!
So - I have a question about what to do when special occasions don't exactly line up with your UD/DD schedule. Is it better to do 2 DDs in a row, or 2 UDs?
Here's the dilemma:
Dec. 23 is an UD.
Dec. 24, Xmas eve, we have a big party at my house. Should be a DD but I know better than to think I'll be able to stick to it.
Then of course we have Dec. 25, and while we aren't going anywhere and I'll be making dinner at home for my little family, the expectation will be *something* nice and festive (as well it should be). I can probably keep it to a MD (around 1000 cals?) that day, but I can't do a DD.
So - should I do this:
Dec. 22 DD
Dec 23 DD (this WOULD be UD)
Dec 24 UD
Dec 25 UD/MD
Dec 26 DD

or do the 23rd, 24th, and 25th all UD and just chalk it up to holidays?

A

Knittering 12-15-2011 07:08 AM

Quote:

That's my plan. I'm not going to go crazy on those days but I'm not going to be starving on Christmas / Christmas Eve, either. Those days only come once a year. :)

Agee 12-15-2011 07:41 AM

Thank you for replying!
I was beginning to feel like chopped liver.
Maybe I'll just play it by ear when I get closer to the end of next week.
A

pjsam1156 12-15-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agee (Post 15250538)
Hey all -
I wanted to give JUDDD a week before I posted anything as I have a looooong history on this board starting different WOEs, failing, and not following through, but guess what? Yay? I'm down 2.6 lbs my first week and it was a pretty easy week, so I'm in!
So - I have a question about what to do when special occasions don't exactly line up with your UD/DD schedule. Is it better to do 2 DDs in a row, or 2 UDs?
Here's the dilemma:
Dec. 23 is an UD.
Dec. 24, Xmas eve, we have a big party at my house. Should be a DD but I know better than to think I'll be able to stick to it.
Then of course we have Dec. 25, and while we aren't going anywhere and I'll be making dinner at home for my little family, the expectation will be *something* nice and festive (as well it should be). I can probably keep it to a MD (around 1000 cals?) that day, but I can't do a DD.
So - should I do this:
Dec. 22 DD
Dec 24 UD
Dec 25 UD/MD
Dec 26 DD

A

If it's any help--I had the same question around Thanksgiving--and here is the link to my question and SoHappy's answer:
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/ju...-rotation.html

Beeb 12-15-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agee (Post 15250538)
Hey all -
Here's the dilemma:
Dec. 23 is an UD.
So - should I do this:
Dec. 22 DD MD this is the only thing I would change.
Dec 24 UD
Dec 25 UD/MD
Dec 26 DD

A

Next to the bold print I suggested what I would do. Hope it helps and :welcome: aboard!!