Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Eating and Exercise Plans > Weight Loss Plans > JUDDD
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Finally starting JUDDD on Saturday !!

So I am finally going to bite the bullet and try JUDDD. This Friday I will have completed 2 weeks of P3 from my HCG round.

After reading Beeb's post on giving it 2 weeks I decided to start Saturday and see how thing go up till New Years Eve and then decide from there if I can maintain on JUDDD

I think my biggest challenges will be learning it is ok to eat carbs within reason and not gain. After many years of Atkins and being scared to eat carbs I just do not want to be like that anymore.
Also tracking calories when I go out to eat may be tough.

My plan is to start at 1800/600 (stats to the left)?
Any suggestions on what foods will be good for my first couple UD's to make my DD's easier?

I am so excited after a couple weeks of reading the board and everyone's success and happiness with JUDDD
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
Why wait, just do it NOW!

Gallery: Beeb
Stats: Then: 162.4 Now: 158 :( Darn Holidays!!
WOE: No Diet = No Stress! Just eating healthy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneoftwo View Post
So I am finally going to bite the bullet and try JUDDD. This Friday I will have completed 2 weeks of P3 from my HCG round.

After reading Beeb's post on giving it 2 weeks I decided to start Saturday and see how thing go up till New Years Eve and then decide from there if I can maintain on JUDDD

I think my biggest challenges will be learning it is ok to eat carbs within reason and not gain. After many years of Atkins and being scared to eat carbs I just do not want to be like that anymore.
Also tracking calories when I go out to eat may be tough.

My plan is to start at 1800/600 (stats to the left)?
Any suggestions on what foods will be good for my first couple UD's to make my DD's easier?

I am so excited after a couple weeks of reading the board and everyone's success and happiness with JUDDD
and looking forward to seeing you progress!!

I suggest for DDs you pick the foods that will keep you full the longest. For me that is higher carb things like oatmeal, bread and lots of veggie with some protein mixed in. For UDs I just eat up to my calories to have those carry through the DDs. I eat more protein and starchy veggies on these days and that seems to do the trick for me. Some do well on what I eat, some do well on just fats and proteins. It's a YMMV kind of thing so I guess you will have to see what keep your appetite in control and what will work for you.

A man asked Gautama Buddha, "I want happiness." Buddha said, "First remove "I," that's Ego, then remove "want," that's Desire. See now you are left with only "Happiness.”
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: theredhead
Stats: 229/147/145
WOE: Atkins/hCG/maintaining EASILY with JUDDD
Start Date: 09/04/03
I would suggest easing into the carbs if you decide to add them. I find that I can have 100-calorie packs of popcorn with no problem, and I enjoy some sourdough bread on some days. Also, oatmeal with SF pancake syrup is filling. Otherwise, I usually save the higher carb stuff for UDs when there's a special occasion or we're eating out (which is rare).

I don't think it's a good idea to keep a lot of junk in the house. You'll figure out just how much you can tolerate, and as I have, I hope you can eat a bit more without it giving you cravings. This WOE has certainly given me some good appetite suppression, which has been a nice surprise. I feel so much more in control of myself, and that's saying something'.
Click here for our fatties pics!
And another old one

Click here for a new picture.
And another newer one
theredhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:42 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: oneoftwo
Stats: 146/120/120 (maintain 118-120max) 5'3.5"
WOE: Atkins/HCG one round to goal/JUDDD to maintain
Thanks for the feedback. I still do not have much hunger from my HCG round and have not been tracking my calories in P3 of HCG so today will be interesting tracking calories on my first UD, something I have not done in awhile !
oneoftwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 04:50 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JKat
Start Date: December 2003
I am cheering you on!
JKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: sophiethecat
Stats: 170+/135-138/145 5'6 39y pcos/IR/metformin
WOE: WL=LC then JUDDD/IF; Maintenance=IF/75%+ "healthy"
Start Date: LC 6/11; JUDDD 10/11; Maintenance 11/11
oneoftwo! Someone suggested making the last meal of your UD a low carb, high protein/fat meal, and that it will help keep you full longer on the DD, so there is something else to try.

Good luck
sophiethecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 10:21 PM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lgpars
Stats: 222/208/130
WOE: AtkinsO
Start Date: Oct. 2011
Can someone tell me...

do you have to take the Resveratrol with this diet? Also, how hard do you find it having to keep track of the calories you eat? I really think that would be a pain having to do that. I have been reading about this diet just to see what is required. But I really do not like to have to count anything when I diet. That's why I like Atkins so much. But I'd sure like to move this weight off of me quicker. We eat out quite a bit though and I'm wondering how in the world I could keep track of calories.

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. (2 Chr 16:9 KJV)
lgpars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 02:41 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Joedi
Stats: 180/131-135/133 5' 5.5" 40 y/o
WOE: Maintaining on Juddd
Start Date: Made Goal on 23/10/2011 - Stats updated daily
Welcome to juddd, oneoftwo! Hope you love it as much as we do. Feel free to post any questions, and keep us undated on your progress!

Hi Linda!
I have never met a juddders yet who has taken resveratrol, and we are all doing great without it, just take any supplements that you prefer, or none at all!
As to the calories, well o didn't fancy starting calorie counting either, but I wasn't losing on Atkins, just maintaining. I figured if counting got me to goal, it would be worth it....it did, and it was!
I use ************, a phone and pc app, it makes counting a doodle, has practically every food you could think of, and a handy scanner to add in foods you buy.
It let's u track carbs if u want to, and u can record your weight and get a little graph of your progress...and it syncs instantly between pc and mobile.
Now I am maintaining I generally only count DD's and it can be quite fun seeing just how much food you can get for your allotted calories.... Check out our DD recipe thread!

Hope you give juddd a try, keep us posted!

Hugs
Jo
X

"Eat today for the clothes you want to wear tomorrow!"
Joedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: pjsam1156
WOE: JUDDD for life, baby!!
Start Date: Feb 2009; RESTART: Nov. 2011 as EX-LCer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedi View Post
Welcome to juddd, oneoftwo! Hope you love it as much as we do. Feel free to post any questions, and keep us undated on your progress!

Hi Linda!
I have never met a juddders yet who has taken resveratrol, and we are all doing great without it, just take any supplements that you prefer, or none at all!
As to the calories, well o didn't fancy starting calorie counting either, but I wasn't losing on Atkins, just maintaining. I figured if counting got me to goal, it would be worth it....it did, and it was!
I use ************, a phone and pc app, it makes counting a doodle, has practically every food you could think of, and a handy scanner to add in foods you buy.
It let's u track carbs if u want to, and u can record your weight and get a little graph of your progress...and it syncs instantly between pc and mobile.
Now I am maintaining I generally only count DD's and it can be quite fun seeing just how much food you can get for your allotted calories.... Check out our DD recipe thread!

Hope you give juddd a try, keep us posted!

Hugs
Jo
X
pjsam1156 is offline   Reply With Quote