Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   JUDDD (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/)
-   -   It's Wednesday - what are you eating today? (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/juddd/749086-its-wednesday-what-you-eating-today.html)

Dottie 12-14-2011 06:33 AM

It's Wednesday - what are you eating today?

DD for me

B: coffee w/almond milk
D: DD cheese steak sandwich (i'm going to add some hot banana peppers to this I think)
S: turkey chili

DD Cheesesteak Pita Sandwich

1 pack The Original Deli Thin Beef (buddig or any brand @ 90 cals a pack)
1 Joseph's low-carb pita (60 cals)
1 wedge Light Swiss Cheese (35 cals)
1/2 medium raw Green-bell Pepper
4 stalk Fresh GREEN ONIONS
4 tbsp Beef Broth 99% fat free

Slice bell pepper into strips and cut onions into pieces. Saute in 3T of the broth until tender-crisp. Add the beef (separate into slices) and the remaining 1T broth(if needed) and heat through, add the cheese and melt.
Scoop into the warmed pita bread and enjoy.

1 serving @ 216 cals; 9g fat; 18g carbs; 7g fiber; 19.5g protein

Knittering 12-14-2011 06:53 AM

That sounds awesome, Dottie, and I love banana peppers.

UD for me, yay.

Coffee w/cream, scrambled eggs
Leftover pork w/mango chutney, cream of broccoli soup
Sausage stuffed mushrooms, roasted broccoli
Lemon pudding for dessert.

betty301 12-14-2011 07:07 AM

UD!

Eggy- cheesy muffins..
will figure out cals/macros later..and post recipe..they are ohhh so YUMMO!!!:yummy:

Chicken
on top o'
Romaine
with some mayo

Beef stew

Trying to stay at 50 net carbs..might have to add a piece of fruit in there somewhere(darn!;))

darlingnikki 12-14-2011 07:07 AM

DD
Coffee and water all day
Dinner is Basa with veggies and fresh fruit for dinner....

I'M SEEING PRINCE TONIGHT!

lol hugs
Nikki

KeirasMom 12-14-2011 07:49 AM

DD

B: Black Coffee
Morning S: 22C rice cake with 35C LC cheese and a shirataki/strawberry WF jam concoction I blended this morning (60 C Total)
L: Leftover Shirataki Pho (45 C)
D: Not sure, probably a few ounces of turkey breast, brown rice, and brocolli.
Broth as needed, may add some serrano chilis to the broth.

Should end up around 400-450 C.

SlowSure 12-14-2011 08:16 AM

DD for me.

Breakfast was protein powder shake thickened with xanthum gum and flavoured with rosewater. 80cals

Lunch was minestrone soup. 120cals (no oil as home-made)

Dinner will be smoked haddock (116cals in 100g) served with cabbage and cauliflower - I'll dress the vegetables with Butter Buds.

Total should be around 380 cals.

janetsbreeze 12-14-2011 08:39 AM

DD for me

B - Coffee
L - Campbells soup to go, Cottage cheese double (Total 170 cals)
D - I think I will try Dottie's Cheesesteak pita!

betty301 12-14-2011 09:40 AM

well I don't like the nutrients of my precious muffins..not too good :sad:

195 cals for 1
11 P
15F

scant amount of carbs though!

Maybe I can figure out how to get the cals down..but they won't be the same:o

Mommie22boys 12-14-2011 10:43 AM

UD...

B: 1/2 bagel w/ cream cheese, coffee w/hwc & creamer
L: 1 can tuna w/ mayo/sour cream/relish, toasted cheese sammy on lite oatmeal bread
S: (so far) 1 mug dark hot chocolate, 3 Hershey's kisses
D: unsure, but have 800 calories that I will eat! I think I'm going to try to keep it LC...tummy troubles sometimes find me in the evening if I go too crazy with carbs in the afternoon/evening. I'll see if that makes any difference.

dasiey 12-14-2011 11:46 AM

DD today

fasting so far

avecrain 12-14-2011 11:51 AM

DD!

I practiced bus driving this morning and am babysitting this afternoon, so I ate lunch, which I don't normally do on DDs.

L: 1/2 c. cottage cheese, 1 stalk broccoli, 1/2 T FF cream cheese (just to try it, I just bought it), 1 pot green tea (140)
D (planned): 1/2 can canned chicken, 3 cups shredded cabbage, 1 french onion laughing cow (207)

total: 357.

if i can swing this, it'll be good because it's low in sodium as well, which i've been struggling with. I may need the other half can of chicken.

PoWdA 12-14-2011 11:54 AM

Breakfast - Chorizo and Cheese omelet.
Lunch - Chipotle salad bowl with steak and barabcoa, hot salsa, and guacamole
Dinner - Dunno yet, probably some baked chicken or maybe some "philly chip" (basically just cheese steak meat).
Water all day.

edit - LOL!!!! Just realized this is not in the low carb section.... Either way, that is what I am eating today :)

handbells 12-14-2011 12:12 PM

DD

So far I've had a tall skinny peppermint mocha (100) and some diet soda. Trying to keep it low today!

Dottie 12-14-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betty301 (Post 15248557)
well I don't like the nutrients of my precious muffins..not too good :sad:

195 cals for 1
11 P
15F

scant amount of carbs though!

Maybe I can figure out how to get the cals down..but they won't be the same:o

That's not bad if it's filling:)

Dottie 12-14-2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PoWdA (Post 15248908)
edit - LOL!!!! Just realized this is not in the low carb section.... Either way, that is what I am eating today :)

:hyst: I do that too ;)

vilanteira 12-14-2011 01:09 PM

DD here.

B: coffee
L: nothing, it's 3pm and still not hungry
D: 4 slices bacon, generous portion of smoked salmon with neufchatel and thinly sliced red onions

445 calories total.

sophiethecat 12-14-2011 01:21 PM

Today's DD meal was a junior bacon cheeseburger & small fries brought home from Wendys, followed up with a glass of wine. 800 calories - went over what I normally do, but I was a hungry cat today.

Kissa 12-14-2011 02:10 PM

DD for me.

Brunch after a Zumba class 1 soya latte and a small cheese and ham toastie, I left on slice of the bread too. :)

Tonight I have had some lovely prawns in their shells and a big mixed salad dressed with Cardini's Original Caesar. I won't use low fat dressings.:sick:

480 cals

kel7298 12-14-2011 04:10 PM

UD today

B - Coffee, yogurt breakfast taco - 400
L - chips/queso, nachos supreme - 820
S - Coconut creme pie - 425
D - I am too full to eat any more :) tho I probably will.

So far - 1667

Low Carb Librarian 12-14-2011 04:13 PM

DD for me...

I have been getting bored with my DD food choices. I ate frozen Vegitable in the beginning and then I switched to soup. I changed it up a bit today and had a sandwich ... not 100% sure how many calories I ate since I bought chicken salad from the deli. The bread was only 45 cals a slice! I really love the chicken salad...but next time I may have to get something that I can calculate better.

I am also going through this " why am I eating only 500 calories" thing... Why don't I just eat 1200 calories a day? I started this because I thought I would only have to count every other day... Now I count every day. And what about the special gene that is supposed to "turn on" ... Has it turned on for any of you? I don't feel different (in a good way). My skin seemed better when I was LC for one thing...

Can anyone give me a pep talk about this WOE? I don't want to quit ( an most likely won't ) but I am just a little burnt out right now.

Knittering 12-14-2011 04:17 PM

Low Carb Librarian I think you should start a new thread with your request for help because I'm not sure everyone will see it buried in the what-are-you-eating thread.

:hugs:

KeirasMom 12-14-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeirasMom (Post 15248232)
DD

B: Black Coffee
Morning S: 22C rice cake with 35C LC cheese and a shirataki/strawberry WF jam concoction I blended this morning (60 C Total)
L: Leftover Shirataki Pho (45 C)
D: Not sure, probably a few ounces of turkey breast, brown rice, and brocolli.
Broth as needed, may add some serrano chilis to the broth.

Should end up around 400-450 C.

So far, at 4:00 in the afternoon, I am at 126 calories. I may stay around 300 today. If you would have asked me 3 days ago if I could do that, I would have laughed so hard I would have looked like a mad woman!

itsmeshelly01 12-14-2011 05:57 PM

DD today

Low cal pumpkin muffin
Stir fry thing I made last night for work today, it was surprisingly really good, can of green beans, can of crab meat, 2 small artichoke hearts with soy sauce
snack of zucchini, celery and baby carrots
Dinner was a can of baby shrimp over spinach, romaine and mushrooms with walden farms blue cheese dressing

I will be at 485 calories

kel7298 12-14-2011 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kel7298 (Post 15249487)
UD today

B - Coffee, yogurt breakfast taco - 400
L - chips/queso, nachos supreme - 820
S - Coconut creme pie - 425
D - I am too full to eat any more :) tho I probably will.

So far - 1667

I never got a chance to eat my coconut creme pie after lunch :sad: and then went off and left it at work. With tomorrow being a DD, I am basically SOL.

DH and I went ended up going Christmas shopping, then stopped to get a bite to eat...his choice... Mexican :stars:

handbells 12-14-2011 08:25 PM

Ended up having two egg whites and a small biscuit. Added to my earlier mocha, I had a grand total of 267 calories today. I love DD's when I'm not hungry!

Low Carb Librarian 12-14-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knittering (Post 15249514)
Low Carb Librarian I think you should start a new thread with your request for help because I'm not sure everyone will see it buried in the what-are-you-eating thread.

:hugs:

Ha! I know, but it is okay... It started out as a what I was eating post... Then I just got carried away. I wanted to move it but I was at work and my phone died( I do everything here from my phone... Which is a pain).

But I think I am over my rant... And really want some food...